Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
what kind of weird side projects do you have going on

Go to Jag games. It used to be a main project every Sunday. Now it's a side project.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is this a side project?

[Image: netflix.jpg]

Quote:I have been purchasing junked Lionel Trains on e-bay and rebuilding/repairing/restoring them.  No formal training and no license so finding parts has been a challenge at times.  My youngest recently moved out and her old room is being turned into train room.  My inner geek is in all out flame mode.  
My husband has a dream of a train layout. We even have a room dedicated to it but he keeps changing his mind on how he wants to build the base so it's been in limbo for a few years now. He has dozens of schematics drawn up on Excel but to no end. He has the trains and track and other stuff he's bought over the course of 10+ years, all HO scale. He said if he had to do it over again he would have went one scale smaller (I can't remember which one it is) so he could build the layout like he wants. 

Quote:Is this a side project?

[Image: netflix.jpg]
It is for me. We're getting hit by this arctic front so we're hunkering down. My husband is off the next 3 days and we have nowhere to be until Sunday morning so we're going to relax and binge watch something. It's warmer right now at 44 degrees than what our highs will be for the next three days. Thankful for central heat and a heated mattress pad. Turn that sucker on medium about an hour before I go to bed to get my side warm then turn it down low to sleep. We cover the vent in our room so the heater, even set at 60, won't bake us out, so the mattress pad is necessary for me or I would freeze. 

Quote:My husband has a dream of a train layout. We even have a room dedicated to it but he keeps changing his mind on how he wants to build the base so it's been in limbo for a few years now. He has dozens of schematics drawn up on Excel but to no end. He has the trains and track and other stuff he's bought over the course of 10+ years, all HO scale. He said if he had to do it over again he would have went one scale smaller (I can't remember which one it is) so he could build the layout like he wants. 
N Scale.  I understand the dilemma all too well.  

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

No time for a real side project lately.  Though technically I have three musical side projects aside from the main one that pays most of my bills. 

After tomorrow's gig I will have played four gigs with four completely different bands in 7 days. 

I'm trying to gain ownership of my Great uncles prison letters from the war of independence and possibly write a book about him.

Currently locked up in a Dublin museum. Might have to go full Indiana Jones on them.

I've done a few projects on my normal side, but none recently on my weird side. If so, I doubt it would be legal.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 11:12 PM by realtorpat.)

[Image: vifZ6mO.jpg?1]

update for you all.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I'm making baseboards and trim for my living room right now. Boring to some...but I'm enjoying it.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm making baseboards and trim for my living room right now. Boring to some...but I'm enjoying it.

Trim is never boring
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I'm making baseboards and trim for my living room right now. Boring to some...but I'm enjoying it.

I love doing that sort of thing. We have a few projects around the house we need to finish but haven't had the opportunity. Today would be perfect if it weren't so dang cold. My heater would never shut off with all of the in and out the door we would be doing. Plus, I would freeze. Lol.

Quote:Trim is never boring

Dude..... lol

Quote:I love doing that sort of thing. We have a few projects around the house we need to finish but haven't had the opportunity. Today would be perfect if it weren't so dang cold. My heater would never shut off with all of the in and out the door we would be doing. Plus, I would freeze. Lol.

I know what you mean. Not that it gets as cold here, but my shop is in what was my garage and its detached from my house. When it's cold, it really makes me totally regret the fact that I don't have a bathroom out there!! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Trim is never boring
And I thought my mind lived in a gutter!  LOL

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Sequencing Christmas lights to music here.

Quote:No time for a real side project lately.  Though technically I have three musical side projects aside from the main one that pays most of my bills. 

After tomorrow's gig I will have played four gigs with four completely different bands in 7 days.

The next time someone tells me I should play music for a living, I'm going to show them this post. People ask why I'm not in a band and I tell them it's because I'm lazy.

Quote:The next time someone tells me I should play music for a living, I'm going to show them this post. People ask why I'm not in a band and I tell them it's because I'm lazy.
It's a hustle for sure.

Quote:It's a hustle for sure.

Absolutely. It's funny to me how many people think it's the easy life. Maybe for superstars. Even then, I suspect the constant pressure to create is draining.

Quote:Absolutely. It's funny to me how many people think it's the easy life. Maybe for superstars. Even then, I suspect the constant pressure to create is draining.
I would agree with this.  Look at how many stars flame out.  The constant pressure to out do what you just did must be immense.