Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson's Promotion...

Quote:He is a wide receiver, running back, quarterback, and special teams player. How can we give him a job title when he has three or four different jobs?
Give me someone good at something rather than average across the board.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's explosive but needs to slow down a bit......he's thinking too much but that's to be expected when you're doing something out of the norm. As much as he was a running qb, he wasn't a running back until late so for all those rookies getting a week away to watch tape and other players around the league should be a great benefit for them

AGREED...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:So will his official job title be running back for the rest of the year, now that he can't be called an OW anymore?

As per his draft status vs. the NFL mandate...

NH3...
"AZANE"

An honest opinion of Denard Robinson....

He must not be that talented. He has been unable to earn playing time. He is making zero impact on a team that drafted him to be an explosive offensive weapon. On an extremely untalented team, the expectations were for Robinson to play significantly right out of the box.

Even with the Jaguars' top WR, Justin Blackmon no longer with the team, Robinson is Mr. Invisible. Therefore, he is less talented than any of former GM Gene Smith's legendary busts still on the roster. 

It makes perfect sense that David Caldwell would make such a terrible mistake in taking Robinson. He retained Gene Smith's scouting department rather than install his own guys. 

Anybody that watched the NFL Scouting Combine knew right away he was not going to make it in the NFL as a wide receiver.

Caldwell deserves to be fired for not getting rid of Gene Smith's scouting department.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:An honest opinion of Denard Robinson....

He must not be that talented. He has been unable to earn playing time. He is making zero impact on a team that drafted him to be an explosive offensive weapon. On an extremely untalented team, the expectations were for Robinson to play significantly right out of the box.

Even with the Jaguars' top WR, Justin Blackmon no longer with the team, Robinson is Mr. Invisible. Therefore, he is less talented than any of former GM Gene Smith's legendary busts still on the roster. 

It makes perfect sense that David Caldwell would make such a terrible mistake in taking Robinson. He retained Gene Smith's scouting department rather than install his own guys. 

Anybody that watched the NFL Scouting Combine knew right away he was not going to make it in the NFL as a wide receiver.

Caldwell deserves to be fired for not getting rid of Gene Smith's scouting department.

Would you mind putting a "do not feed" text in your signature? Thanks.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

And you need to stop posting for being so limited in brain function.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:hows he looking at wr? i see more potential there tbh

Quote:lol damn maybe i should retract my input but he just doesnt seem to have the speed/frame to be a successful rb. at least from what ive seen.

I swear you just throw stuff against the wall and hope it sticks.

Really hope this kid starts getting more carries soon. MJD is my 2nd favorite Jag of all time but he needs to be spelled a lot more. We need to see if some speed could make the oline look any better.

Quote:I swear you just throw stuff against the wall and hope it sticks.
nah when i see his body frame, it screams wr more than rb to me, its too slender to be a successful rb imo.  and i havent witnessed the cutback ability rb should possess, i mean he can juke but juking rarely works for rbs, but it does for wrs.

Here's my honest opinion on your honest opinion...

You hav'nt been paying attention at all have you? Caldwell addressed the scouting department as he saw fit. He did replace scouts that he didn't like within their perspective territories. He also replaced the head of scouting as well. He, Caldwell was well familiar w/the previous staff and stated that changes were iminent but suttle...

Robinson wasn't drafted as a WR. He was drafted as a RB... Enough Said...

Step Away from the Gene Smith dialogue. He's no longer a Jaguar. There's a New Sheriff in town...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Really hope this kid starts getting more carries soon. MJD is my 2nd favorite Jag of all time but he needs to be spelled a lot more. We need to see if some speed could make the oline look any better.

I Concur...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:He is a wide receiver, running back, quarterback, and special teams player. How can we give him a job title when he has three or four different jobs?

How about calling him Employee?

If I think about it, it's probably easier to convert a running QB into a RB...  He's still behind the line, where he's probably more comfortable.  But I would like to see what he's got at WR as well. 

I think it would be a a much harder move to WR, though.  I just hope he can be productive in a couple years.  He's clearly a project that will need more than just 2 years to develop.

He is a natural RB. Stop with the WR talk. 

11 carries for 25 yards lol, who knows...

Quote:Here's my honest opinion on your honest opinion...

You hav'nt been paying attention at all have you? Caldwell addressed the scouting department as he saw fit. He did replace scouts that he didn't like within their perspective territories. He also replaced the head of scouting as well. He, Caldwell was well familiar w/the previous staff and stated that changes were iminent but suttle...

Robinson wasn't drafted as a WR. He was drafted as a RB... Enough Said...

Step Away from the Gene Smith dialogue. He's no longer a Jaguar. There's a New Sheriff in town...

NH3...

You're just making it worse for Caldwell. He kept former GM Gene Smith's scouts claiming that there wasn't time to hire new ones. The draft came around and decisions were made based on the preexistent idiom. In fact, all the in-house evaluations consisted of Gene Smith's scouting department obfuscating just how bad the paper Jaguars' roster is.

After a little more than a decade of Gene Smith we all know what his drafts look like. This last one was the same motif.

Gratz was a terrible reach that graded at least twenty points below numerous players who were available in round three. Robinson and Sanders were supposed to step in to prominent (feature) roles right away. They have not.

We obviously need a competent offensive coordinator as well.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 04:43 AM by ukjag34.)

Quote:You're just making it worse for Caldwell. He kept former GM Gene Smith's scouts claiming that there wasn't time to hire new ones. The draft came around and decisions were made based on the preexistent idiom. In fact, all the in-house evaluations consisted of Gene Smith's scouting department obfuscating just how bad the paper Jaguars' roster is.

After a little more than a decade of Gene Smith we all know what his drafts look like. This last one was the same motif.

Gratz was a terrible reach that graded at least twenty points below numerous players who were available in round three. Robinson and Sanders were supposed to step in to prominent (feature) roles right away. They have not.

Hang about here one our scout team is well regarded and I am sure I have read that they run drills for the majority of the league at combines

Two ripping the scout team.apart before a draft is hardly a good idea it would reduce the amount of info you had about players first hand

Finally these are 4th and 5th rounders you.are whining about here

they are talented development projects meant to add speed to a lumbering team

Robinson had ball security issues which I can understand coming from QB to RB and against a stout niners front his speed looked good to the outside

Sanders is struggling with routes which is rather like another 4th who is now doing pretty well Sullivan can fix that with time but he has shown fight and elusiveness and talent on special teams

As for gratz your right he is a reach if you follow the NFL rankings but he looked solid in preseason and has had an injury so we haven't seen much of him

If,he develops as he should I think a third rounder for a dependable starting cornor is a bargain

The one you could condemn is cyprien who looks lost at the moment and is a second slow reading the pass which is disappointing but then it would be unfair to condemn someone who had half a preseason due to injury

Hold your axe til this time next year when they have had time to adjust and develop a little

All of the formentioned positions is the reasoning that he designated himself as OW and the Jags allowed him to do so. Unfortunately this weapon will have to be broken in prior to performing at that OW level. It'll Come Though...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote: 

Wait, WHAT???

I had never heard this before....

Is this true???

Why in the hell would you retain a scouting department that has produced so LITTLE in the past 5 years?????

This franchise is just ridiculous. 

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013, 06:35 PM by NH3.)

Quote:You're just making it worse for Caldwell. He kept former GM Gene Smith's scouts claiming that there wasn't time to hire new ones. The draft came around and decisions were made based on the preexistent idiom. In fact, all the in-house evaluations consisted of Gene Smith's scouting department obfuscating just how bad the paper Jaguars' roster is.

Yes Caldwell did retain Gene's entire scouting staff Prior to the Draft because they scouted the entire year and yes it was too late for change at this point. No new GM would jettison the scouting department two months prior to the draft. That is the reasoning that Caldwell waited until After the Draft to make the changes that I mentioned. Also Caldwell drafter players that he scouted while he was the Head Scout in Atlanta. He just didn't rely on Gene's scouting department as you eluded to.

NH3...
"AZANE"