Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blackmon suspended

Sick

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I still don't believe we have hit rock bottom yet.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Yeah, a guy one infraction away from an indefinite suspension has a ton of trade value.

Well we don't know what his value was, but if Caldwell didn't see what he could get then he wasn't doing his job well. I'm not saying trade him for a ham sandwich, but a decent deal may have been available, especially from a team that's hungry for WR like the Falcons or Patriots.

Quote:This franchise is an absolute and utter disgrace.  Pathetic.  They SHOULD move to London.

The actions of one player does not implicate the entire franchise, regardless of how good or bad the product on the field is. (just ask Hernandez and the Patriots)

is this a Jaguars suspension or a NFL? I thought if it was a NFL, it was a full 1 year ban.

Quote:Hes eligible to reinstated prior to the 2014 season, but who knows if Caldwell will want to keep him around. He wont have any trade value and he has too much talent to be cut IMO. Talent like his will get u 3rd and 4th chances around this league. Im guessing he will be playing for us still next year.

I still don't want him released. 

But he's got to get serious help now. This is horrible. 

Quote:Gotta be kidding me.

Quote:So, who thinks it's a good idea to have traded him a couple of weeks ago now?

I doubt anybody was trading for him

Quote:Well we don't know what his value was, but if Caldwell didn't see what he could get then he wasn't doing his job well. I'm not saying trade him for a ham sandwich, but a decent deal may have been available, especially from a team that's hungry for WR like the Falcons or Patriots.
Teams do not trade picks for second year players with two infractions against him.

Quote:This franchise is an absolute and utter disgrace.  Pathetic.  They SHOULD move to London.
YOU should move to London.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I can't fault the current regime for this one. This mess is on Gene. Could've stayed put and drafted Kuechly or S. Gilmore, but no. Gene had to bank on talent over character for once his stinking career and draft a guy who can't stay off the sauce.

Also, fixed that page for Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Blackmon

So about us not losing on our bye week........yeah.

Quote:I doubt anybody was trading for him

And I still wouldn't want him traded. 

I just want him to finally get over this. For good. 

<b>STATEMENT BY JAGUARS GENERAL MANAGER DAVID CALDWELL</b><b>:</b>

“All of us who are a part of the Jaguars family care very deeply about Justin and his well-being. That said, he must be held accountable and accept the consequences announced today by the NFL. His suspension will provide him the opportunity to receive the attention and professional treatment necessary to overcome his challenges, and we will support him during this time. The Jacksonville Jaguars will evaluate Justin's status once he has successfully met the criteria to be considered for reinstatement to the league.”

Quote:is this a Jaguars suspension or a NFL? I thought if it was a NFL, it was a full 1 year ban.
To quote the article:

"has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."

That sounds like an NFL suspension to me. Does anyone suspect it had something to do with that unconfirmed story of an NFL player ending up in hospital in London?

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 04:17 PM by DangerousBoy.)

Quote:I still don't want him released. 

But he's got to get serious help now. This is horrible. 

I don't want him released either, but if his is released, I would understand it.

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

I guess add WR to the list of needs

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:He's done.  He has played his last game as a Jaguar.

One thing for sure,   how can the Jaguars count on Justin Blackmon moving forward???   

I don't envy the situation that Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley are in.     As difficult as it is for loyal and passionate Jaguars fans to see the team in the current situation,   Caldwell and Bradley deserve an opportunity to truly build this team into a winner.       

Quote:Teams do not trade picks for second year players with two infractions against him.

Like I said, we'll never know if Caldwell tried to trade him. Unless, that is, you're Caldwell or his wife or a team he tried to trade him to. Either way it's disappointing and precisely the reason why I said the Jaguars would be smart to see if they could get something for him while he was coming off a couple of big games.