Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who will have the better career?
Mike Thomas
Ace Sanders
[Show Results]

Ace Sanders vs. Mike Thomas

Quote:I don't know if he is faster, but he is quicker and more elusive.

But did Thomas ever bring that "4.3 speed" onto the field though?  I  must have missed it.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But did Thomas ever bring that "4.3 speed" onto the field though?  I  must have missed it.  
He was fast just couldn't get open ofter.

Quote:I remember these kind of comments from you about Shorts not long ago......

Not to mention you flip flopping more than a go-go dancer on the guy you nicknamed "eggo"

and I haven't changed my stance on cinderblock hands shorts. 

Quote:and I haven't changed my stance on cinderblock hands shorts. 
LOL.  You are actually going to try to sell this "Shorts has bad hands" snake oil?   He had a few more drops in the first hall of this season than he did last year.  Big whoop.

These are not cinder block hands : 

[Image: Tqneyp.gif]

Quote:.....& In other polls, whats more valuable a penny or a wooden nickel?
What do you mean? You can get good money for wooden nickles. Just check out ebay..

Shorts is the best WR we've had in years, and he doesn't get in trouble off the field.. get off his case. 

Once you decide you don't like a guy you stick with it, despite your initial opinion being based in ignorance. Then you continually spew ignorance and change the argument when things don't go your way, you seriously act like a big child that can't handle being wrong. Grow up kid. 

at least he tries to catch the ball before running unlike your lover master blackmon.

Wide receivers make drops it happens

cecil shorts had two bad drops on a game when he shouldn't have been playing with that arm. He came out and fought for his team and looked far better catching in traffic last week.

we have the possibility to have 4 good wide receivers with sullivan at the head. Shorts needs to improve his catching in traffic blackmon his route running as the slot unlike what you said is coverable.... oops... plus he dissappears for games so he needs to be more consistent

mike brown ran a beautiful route for his td and has quite nice hands

I was watching him in man with the cornor after blackmon almost got picked in the same place thinking the corneris gonna bite on the curl he faked it perfectly and made a lovely catch but he needs to work on getting open more often as does ace.

If all of them can keep improving which they will with sullivan coaching and we could add a low round big fella at tight end who can trundle over the middle and catch reliably in traffic i think we could have a lovely receiving core for our new qb

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 09:29 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:Once you decide you don't like a guy you stick with it, despite your initial opinion being based in ignorance. Then you continually spew ignorance and change the argument when things don't go your way, you seriously act like a big child that can't handle being wrong. Grow up kid. 

That's his act, his schtick. I am just glad that most can see through it and don't really take him seriously.

Think about this. Some guy in New Jersey (however many years ago) decided to troll a Jacksonville Jaguars message board. He logs on for hours a day to troll. What a sad existence.

Quote:To early to tell.

Agreed.  The OP laid out exactly why too.  M80 looked promising at first, and then what?

Quote:.....& In other polls, whats more valuable a penny or a wooden nickel?
Or Matt Barkley?

Quote:Shorts is the best WR we've had in years,

Thats false. 

before TMD bashes this, Mike Thomas ran a 4.30 while Ace ran a 4.58.  quick and fast are not the same thing.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 12:45 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:before TMD bashes this, Mike Thomas ran a 4.30 while Ace ran a 4.58.  quick and fast are not the same thing.

I agree fast & quick aren't the same thing.

Mike Thomas' timed 4.3 is pretty much on par with Matt Jones' 4.38 and Reggie Williams' 4.45. None of them ever played to that speed in actual games. 

Jerry Rice was timed at 4.6. in the 40...yet he never played that slow in actual games. 

This is why the combine/ pro day times are useless taking them at face value. How a player performs on the field in game action is always the best way to judge. 

Quote:I agree fast & quick aren't the same thing.

Mike Thomas' timed 4.3 is pretty much on par with Matt Jones' 4.38 and Reggie Williams' 4.45. None of them ever played to that speed in actual games. 

Jerry Rice was timed at 4.6. in the 40...yet he never played that slow in actual games. 

This is why the combine/ pro day times are useless taking them at face value. How a player performs on the field in game action is always the best way to judge. 

Mike Thomas's 40 time must have been at a pro day because everyone seems to be a couple of tenths of a second faster than reality at their pro day. Matt Jones had legitimate top end speed, he ran away from guys for years in the SEC. He just was too much of a lazy drug head that just didn't care to be a success. When switching positions like he did talent alone isn't enough, you have to have desire to be great, too.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2013, 01:45 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Mike Thomas's 40 time must have been at a pro day because everyone seems to be a couple of tenths of a second faster than reality at their pro day. Matt Jones had legitimate top end speed, he ran away from guys for years in the SEC. He just was too much of a lazy drug head that just didn't care to be a success. When switching positions like he did talent alone isn't enough, you have to have desire to be great, too.

Matt Jones was a long strider and lacked quickness & short area sudden. (Just like Reggie Williams' ironically)

It wasn't all that he was "lazy" for his failures. 

A better GM could have seen that Matt Jones was way to unlikely to ever amount to much in the NFL. 

Quote:Matt Jones was a long strider and lacked quickness & short area sudden. (Just like Reggie Williams' ironically)

A better GM could have seen that Matt Jones was way to unlikely to ever amount to much in the NFL. 

Matt Jones' main problem wasn't his suddenness, it was his laziness. The lack of fight in him, the constant single handed catch attempts, the cocain use.

If he had been a guy that wanted to be great he'd likely have lasted and turned out to be a guy that could contribute at the least. He had great measurables. If he had the desire to actually fight for a catch he could have been a good red zone target, too. Sadly he apparently was the sort that was done with fighting for more once he got his first contract inked.

Quote:Matt Jones was a long strider and lacked quickness & short area sudden. (Just like Reggie Williams' ironically)

I disagree, Matt Jones could of been a beast if his work ethic was there and didn't get into drugs.

Quote:Matt Jones' main problem wasn't his suddenness, it was his laziness. The lack of fight in him, the constant single handed catch attempts, the cocain use.

If he had been a guy that wanted to be great he'd likely have lasted and turned out to be a guy that could contribute at the least. He had great measurables. If he had the desire to actually fight for a catch he could have been a good red zone target, too. Sadly he apparently was the sort that was done with fighting for more once he got his first contract inked.

Quote:I disagree, Matt Jones could of been a beast if his work ethic was there and didn't get into drugs.

While I disagree with you 2, I may have oversold that a bit above....

I don't think Matt Jones was worth taking the risk on at a pick as high as we took him. He had the issues I mentioned, plus some of the ones you did, plus was learning a new position. 

I don't think it was a good gamble for a 1st or 2nd round pick. Now 3rd rounder? okay. I could see it. But You need to hit with your top 2 picks perennially to maintain a good team in this league, and Matt was a risk for a roster that as we saw became scarce of good draft pick production as time went on. 

Quote:While I disagree with you 2, I may have oversold that a bit above....

I don't think Matt Jones was worth taking the risk on at a pick as high as we took him. He had the issues I mentioned, plus some of the ones you did, plus was learning a new position. 

I don't think it was a good gamble for a 1st or 2nd round pick. Now 3rd rounder? okay. I could see it. But You need to hit with your top 2 picks perennially to maintain a good team in this league, and Matt was a risk for a roster that as we saw became scarce of good draft pick production as time went on. 

The draft position was about as stupid as taking a punter in the third round. That doesn't have anything to do with what his problem was, though.

From an athletic standpoint he had sick ability. He caught 65 passes one year here, if I remember correctly, and that was as a guy that just didn't care to do more than the minimum. If he'd have been a guy with a work ethic he could have turned out well. You'd think with all the analysis they do before guys get drafted they'd have them talk to a psychologist to get an idea of just what sort of person they are.