Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A peek at 2017

Cann has been "suprisingly bad" you say.

oh my god I remember during the offseason reading hype on this guy and just thinking to myself "DID YOU EVEN WATCH THIS TEAM HE WAS TRASH FROM THE START"

But nooo we are shocked he's bad this year lmao shocker -.-

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our LBers are too small for a 3-4 defense, especially Smith.  

You can keep a 4-3 and possibly move Fouler to the Sam LB spot once you cut Dan "never makes a play" Skuta.  

The good thing is that we can draft another good pass rusher with our top 5 pick again. 

Quote:Cann has been "suprisingly bad" you say.

oh my god I remember during the offseason reading hype on this guy and just thinking to myself "DID YOU EVEN WATCH THIS TEAM HE WAS TRASH FROM THE START"

But nooo we are shocked he's bad this year [BAD WORD REMOVED] shocker -.-

There's always one " I told you so " guy

Quote:Our LBers are too small for a 3-4 defense, especially Smith.

You can keep a 4-3 and possibly move Fouler to the Sam LB spot once you cut Dan "never makes a play" Skuta.

The good thing is that we can draft another good pass rusher with our top 5 pick again.

I too want fowler at LB in a 4-3. Yannick has shown he can ball so draft one more pass rusher and let fowler stand up and make plays moving around and blitzing.

Fowler-Jack-Smith would be a crazy fast LB group.

Lol. Already looking forward to the 2017 season.

Quote:This isn't a "we need a new Head Coach" thread. That will be taken care of.

This isn't a "who will be cut" thread either. But I wanted to see what you guys thought about our offense and defense for next year.

What do you think about this...

WR1 - Robinson is having an ok season after he made the Pro Bowl in 2015. He is still our number 1 WR.

WR2 - Hurns is being paid as our number 2 but Lee is out playing him right now, but Hurns can still play.

WR3 - Lee has been a joy to watch outside of his drops in week 1. Glad to have him.

FB - Hopefully we draft a solid FB in round 6 or 7, or UDFA but we gotta get back to the basics bc our running game is horrible.

RB - Cook, Fournette, just draft some speed. A homerun hitter. I would keep Ivory as insurance and goal line but he's averaging 3.3 ypc. Same thing with Yeldon.

TE - Lewis will probably come back for his blocking. Thomas has not lived up to his contract but surely we don't just cut him bc we know what he can do. So I think we will have the same group next season.

Offensive Line - (takes deep breath)...Linder will be snapping the ball, we know that much. Parnell will probably stick around as depth or may even get another year as a starter. Cann has been surprisingly bad. Maybe we can get a veteran and draft a lineman or 2.

Defense - I'm hoping the new coach switches to a 3-4

Odrick as a DE

Jackson as a DE

Draft a NT or maybe put Day in there?

LB's Smith and Jack inside and Fowler and Yannick as your outside backers.

Secondary - Cyp has shown he can play. Gipson will likely be back at FS. Corners will be Ramsey, Colvin, and maybe draft another since Prince is on a 1 year contract? I'd resign him.

Myers has shown he can be trusted. Norman will be our punter.

Greene blasted on the scene in 2015 as a return man but maybe he can regroup. If not then Lee can.

That leaves the most important spot...Quarterback. I've been hard on Bortles but this will be the most important offseason of his young career. I do think we will draft insurance and he will be judged by the new coach with a clean slate.

Then maybe we can have the season we all hoped for this year....only it will all come together in 2017.

[Image: 65199031.jpg]

Lee is our number 1 receiver, and the only one worth a damn this year.  Robinson may be mad at Bortles, but he's been playing like a bum.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Arob is still our best WR.

Good day sir

Quote:This isn't a "we need a new Head Coach" thread. That will be taken care of.

This isn't a "who will be cut" thread either. But I wanted to see what you guys thought about our offense and defense for next year.

What do you think about this...

WR1 - Robinson is having an ok season after he made the Pro Bowl in 2015. He is still our number 1 WR.

WR2 - Hurns is being paid as our number 2 but Lee is out playing him right now, but Hurns can still play.

WR3 - Lee has been a joy to watch outside of his drops in week 1. Glad to have him.

FB - Hopefully we draft a solid FB in round 6 or 7, or UDFA but we gotta get back to the basics bc our running game is horrible.

RB - Cook, Fournette, just draft some speed. A homerun hitter. I would keep Ivory as insurance and goal line but he's averaging 3.3 ypc. Same thing with Yeldon.

TE - Lewis will probably come back for his blocking. Thomas has not lived up to his contract but surely we don't just cut him bc we know what he can do. So I think we will have the same group next season.

Offensive Line - (takes deep breath)...Linder will be snapping the ball, we know that much. Parnell will probably stick around as depth or may even get another year as a starter. Cann has been surprisingly bad. Maybe we can get a veteran and draft a lineman or 2.

Defense - I'm hoping the new coach switches to a 3-4

Odrick as a DE

Jackson as a DE

Draft a NT or maybe put Day in there?

LB's Smith and Jack inside and Fowler and Yannick as your outside backers.

Secondary - Cyp has shown he can play. Gipson will likely be back at FS. Corners will be Ramsey, Colvin, and maybe draft another since Prince is on a 1 year contract? I'd resign him.

Myers has shown he can be trusted. Norman will be our punter.

Greene blasted on the scene in 2015 as a return man but maybe he can regroup. If not then Lee can.

That leaves the most important spot...Quarterback. I've been hard on Bortles but this will be the most important offseason of his young career. I do think we will draft insurance and he will be judged by the new coach with a clean slate.

Then maybe we can have the season we all hoped for this year....only it will all come together in 2017.

We don't have an established #1 WR.  Robinson laid an egg this year (Bortles has not helped either).

Lee is the #1 receiver on the team at this point.  Robinson and Hurns are toss ups.

I personally don't care if we do or don't have a FB.  We just need an offensive coordinator that can get the most out of our personnel, put players in a position to win and create mismatches.

RB- yep we need someone.

TE- We need to draft a Gronk, Kelce, etc. type of TE.

OL- Beachum is solid, LG needs to be found in FA or drafted.  Linder has struggled at times at Center but he's ok.  Cann has had a couple struggles too but he's OK.  And honestly there are worst RT's than Parnell.  However, if we can find an upgrade in FA or the draft we need to take it.  We also need to draft 1-2 additional lineman in mid-rounds of the draft for development/depth.

I don't care about Odrick, the dude does nothing and has a horrible peewee herman dance to boot.  You can draft a young player that's cheaper and does the same thing.

Whether we go to 3-4 or stay 4-3 I just don't want hear this horrible Leo, Otto, Lotto, stupid BS ever again in my life.

QB- We have to either find a journeyman Free Agent or draft someone in the top 3 rounds.  If Bortles plays in '17 the way he has this year then we need to have a fall back plan in place.

I think the defense will only get better next year.  The kicker and punters are solid.  When Mallory is canned, hopefully we find a decent Special Team's coach who makes the players do their job.  There is enough talent on the team to prevent all of the stupid ST buffoonery we've had.

Bottom Line:  The fate of next season cannot be left in Bortles' hands.  The front office better have a plan in place that if Bortles wobbles at all next season that they are ready to replace him.