Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Blackmon, did you know?

We have Mike Brown.  Blackmon is expendable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:HIGHYLY sarcastic. Who cares if his speed isnt 4.2? Its not like he doesnt showup in games.

Pretty sure he out ran the Rams secondary on that TD he had btw.

He did, I just wonder if his high stepping will be effective on every play like that. I thought he would have been caught way before the goal line the way they were catching up. It's great to know he doesn't go down easily, that's for sure.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I don't like the way he catches the ball with his hands.  Perhaps we can get Reggie Williams back here to show him how to catch a ball properly against your body.

yes i knew

Quote:HIGHYLY sarcastic. Who cares if his speed isnt 4.2? Its not like he doesnt showup in games.

Pretty sure he out ran the Rams secondary on that TD he had btw.

Those 2 long tds were busted coverages, and he looked so slow getting to the end zone. 

He has about the same speed as Reggie Wayne like someone else mentioned so its not like his speed is that harmful, but it limits him in some ways. 

For example Blackmon isnt going to run a go route and have a pass dropped in over the top. Hes going to have to out jump the CB and fight for the ball. Which he can do, its just not ideal for "elite" WRs. 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 11:03 AM by Joe.)

Quote:Those 2 long tds were busted coverages, and he looked so slow getting to the end zone. 

He has about the same speed as Reggie Wayne like someone else mentioned so its not like his speed is that harmful, but it limits him in some ways. 

For example Blackmon isnt going to run a go route and have a pass dropped in over the top. Hes going to have to out jump the CB and fight for the ball. Which he can do, its just not ideal for "elite" WRs. 
The fact that they were busted coverages didn't help him beat out the DBs. He was wide open on the 30 yard line, he wasn't behind the safety or anything.

Watch the TD he got called back in the San Diego game.

If he had got both feet in, he would have beaten a double coverage to catch up to a rather poorly thrown ball. He does need to learn how to get his feet in, but when speed was needed to make the play, he got there.

He isn't 4.2 fast, but he isn't slow. With nearly 400 yards in 3 games on Jacksonville's offense, his speed is a pretty impressive "problem".

Quote:I told everyone. And laughed in my face. Now looks like he is the better one.

How does one laugh in their own face?

Quote:How does one laugh in their own face?
LOL.  Lemme know when you find out so I can laugh in my face too.  I thought the Jags would win 5 games this season. 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 04:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Cant tell if sarcastic or not, but theres no "elite" receivers without downfield speed. Blackmon is is physical and can break tackles, but hes not running away from anybody like all the top WRs can. 

lolz.......what was Jerry Rice's 40 time?? 

Another combine clown that doesn't trust his eyes/ game footage, I see...

Quote:I've not really noticed where his speed is a problem.

Thats because its not, nor has it ever been. 

Quote:He's got multiple long TD passes where he's out ran the CBs/Safeties.. including the one vs STL a few weeks ago and a couple vs HOU last year. 

Yep.....Blackmon didn't seem to get caught from behind on those long runs, so I have no idea where this speed issue is coming from. 

Quote:Hmmm.... jerry rice, Brandon Marshall, Fitzgerald etc... all elite but probably don't have "elite" speed. Point is you don't have to have outstanding speed to be elite. More so you need to know how to seperate your self and catch consistently.

Yep, more good examples. 

According to the clowns though, I guess they'd rather have guys like Matt Jones & Reggie Williams, who timed at 4.38 and 4.45 respectively, yet played slow as poop on the field. 

Gotta have those good combine/ pro day numbers, you know?!!! <breathes through mouth>

Quote:Those 2 long tds were busted coverages, and he looked so slow getting to the end zone. 

I hope you know running a go route isn't simply running straight up the field and making it a foot race, you actually have to set that route up, just like every other route. 

Blackmon has the potential to be the best WR in Jags history and elite in the NFL. Sheesh just two years ago we had guys like Thomas, Underwood and Hill starting for us and now we get two good WR and still people nit pick. Because Jaguars. Oh and btw, Hill had great speed. He's super elite and lookin for work
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 05:39 PM by Fantasy Guru.)

Quote:Cant tell if sarcastic or not, but theres no "elite" receivers without downfield speed. Blackmon is is physical and can break tackles, but hes not running away from anybody like all the top WRs can. 

Not sure if srs.

[Image: Justin-Blackmon-Goes-Off-TD-GIF.gif]

[Image: 5f06e768-969b-45f0-b5e6-5cf97c09e330_blackmontd.gif]

He clocked in a 4.46 at his proday. Do I need to list former and current elite WRs 40 times for reference or do you realize how ignorant your statement was?

Quote:lolz.......what was Jerry Rice's 40 time?? 

Another combine clown that doesn't trust his eyes/ game footage, I see...

Thats because its not, nor has it ever been. 

Yep.....Blackmon didn't seem to get caught from behind on those long runs, so I have no idea where this speed issue is coming from. 

i don't agree with you a lot TMD but we do agree here. Blackmon's speed won't be an issue for him.

Yep, more good examples. 

According to the clowns though, I guess they'd rather have guys like Matt Jones & Reggie Williams, who timed at 4.38 and 4.45 respectively, yet played slow as poop on the field. 

Gotta have those good combine/ pro day numbers, you know?!!! <breathes through mouth>

Quote:He cant run past CBs, thats why lots of his work comes from the slot and in the middle.

And on this note... they work him in the slot cause he's almost unstopable there... also have you see who we having throwing deep routes to him? Get him a real QB and I bet you see more deep passes to Blackmon.

Reggie Wayne, Rod Smith come to mind as receivers that didn't necessarily have downfield speed.

They compensated that by getting to the endzone first, and then catching the pass.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Blackmon isnt going to run a go route and have a pass dropped in over the top. Hes going to have to out jump the CB and fight for the ball. Which he can do, its just not ideal for "elite" WRs. 

You have a lot to learn if you think the go route consists of nothing but being faster than the guy across from you.

Reggie Wayne will tell you that much.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Yeah, Julio Jones > Jerry Rice because, you know, downfield speed...

Number the following catagories in terms of importance, then tell me again why Blackmon can't be elite:

___    Downfield speed

___    The ability to get separation from a defender

___    Hands

___    The ability to break tackles and/or make guys miss

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Not sure if srs.

[Image: Justin-Blackmon-Goes-Off-TD-GIF.gif]

[Image: 5f06e768-969b-45f0-b5e6-5cf97c09e330_blackmontd.gif]

He clocked in a 4.46 at his proday. Do I need to list former and current elite WRs 40 times for reference or do you realize how ignorant your statement was?

LOL.....shouldn't that have been a penalty on #81 in the top clip? Isn't that an illegal block in the back or something? Or is that only enforced on returns?

Who cares? The guy is a upcoming WR with potential to be a elite WR what afe we arguing about