Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dave Caldwell Q&A

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 09:21 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Building through the draft doesn't mean getting rid of every little bit of talent on your team.

If that talent is older, yes it does or should, especially when you could get more picks for the draft and the rebuilding by dealing said players. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pretty stunning how TMD controls this board. It is like every response in each thread is either directly to him or about him.

Wow.

Troll 1 Jaguar fan 0

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 09:36 PM by Unravel.)

Quote:Pretty stunning how TMD controls this board. It is like every response in each thread is either directly to him or about him.

Wow.

Troll 1 Jaguar fan 0

As much as I disagree with the guy, labeling him as separate from "Jaguar fans" is wrong. The guy has been here longer than most of us.

Quote:If that talent is older, yes it does or should, especially when you could get more picks for the draft and the rebuilding by dealing said players. 
Neither one of them is even 30 yet... Then again, IIRC, you were all for the idea of trading Monroe who is only 26, so I suppose 28 and 29 is old to you.

You aren't ever going to build a successful roster if you get rid of everyone 26 and older. It's not going to work.

To speed up the process. You hope to keep trading down and hit on almost all of your picks.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:In before Dr. Glitter gets a 15 minute break from the deep frier to come in and tell us all how he could do a better job.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! I haven't laughed this hard in a long while!!

My bad TMD!!!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

If you hit on a QB, building through the draft is easy. 

At the end of the day, it's about hitting on a QB.

Do you hit on qb's often?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:As much as I disagree with the guy, labeling him as separate from "Jaguar fans" is wrong. The guy has been here longer than most of us.

Neither one of them is even 30 yet... Then again, IIRC, you were all for the idea of trading Monroe who is only 26, so I suppose 28 and 29 is old to you.

You aren't ever going to build a successful roster if you get rid of everyone 26 and older. It's not going to work.

You mean you need those older guys called leaders? You mean expierence counts for something?

Quote:Do you hit on qb's often?

Just the pretty ones.

Quote:HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! I haven't laughed this hard in a long while!!

My bad TMD!!!

I think its funny too, FBT always has to mention deep fryers and restaurants....seems like he's having a perpetual BIG MAC attack! Laughing Laughing 

Just go FBT....go & get your Big Mac, Gargantuan fries, and diet coke. Laughing 

Quote:I think its funny too, FBT always has to mention deep fryers and restaurants....seems like he's having a perpetual BIG MAC attack! Laughing Laughing

Just go FBT....go & get your Big Mac, Gargantuan fries, and diet coke. Laughing 
Or, maybe it's because that's what you do for a living?  Nah. Couldn't be that.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 02:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Or, maybe it's because that's what you do for a living?  Nah. Couldn't be that.

except thats not what I do for a living....I've never worked in a fast food chain. Ever. 

Now go get those LARGE fries that you seemingly want so bad... Laughing 

Quote:except thats not what I do for a living....I've never worked in a fast food chain. Ever.

Now go get those LARGE fries that you seemingly want so bad... Laughing

I want large fries :/
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

This thread got off track quickly.

In order to get off track, one needs to be on track.   I'm not so certain we were ever there.

Well  - those who are already down on Caldwell as a result of imaginary "non-trades" or due to the value received for Monroe  - you'll have plenty of time to keep complaining...

Quote:<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);text-align:left;">NFL.com :

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);text-align:left;">Said Khan: "We've got to get more talent. But I definitely feel we're moving in the right direction. Status quo -- maintaining what we had -- was not an option."

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);text-align:left;">We've said this before: Jacksonville lacks playmakers, but we see plenty to like in coach Gus Bradley and general manager David Caldwell. Both men deserve time and patience to craft a team from the wreckage they inherited.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);text-align:left;">"I thought Dave and Gus were absolutely the two right guys for the job," said Khan, "and as the season has unfolded, if I could be convinced more, I am."
Caldwell and Bradley are here to stay for a while. 

Quote:Well - those who are already down on Caldwell as a result of imaginary "non-trades" or due to the value received for Monroe - you'll have plenty of time to keep complaining...

Caldwell and Bradley are here to stay for a while.

As they should be. Given the task they were given they need to be allowed time. One year isn't enough to make an educated evaluation. This year is basically a wash. I said that earlier. Time kicks in next May when Dave and Gus find their guy at QB.

Quote:As they should be. Given the task they were given they need to be allowed time. One year isn't enough to make an educated evaluation. This year is basically a wash. I said that earlier. Time kicks in next May when Dave and Gus find their guy at QB.

Exactly and switching coaches every year is not a recipe for success.