Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Healthy or not.... I believe sitting gabbert on the bench... Is exactly the correct move

Quote:And how did he do that?

Threaten the coach with his job?  Threaten the GM with his job?

A little extra Christmas "bonus"? ..... I dunno....

All you had to do was actually pay a little attention to how the Colts played in weeks 15 & 16 that season and how lethargically they played in that week 17 game. Another poster even said the other day that The Colts were only passing to the right side of the field that game and almost making it too easy for the Jags to stop them. The Colts didn't lose that week 17 from the Jags just playing lights out football, the Colts lost that week 17 game because they quit and anyone with eyes saw it. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm fairly certain that Jim Irsay did just that (same thing figuratively speaking) going into week 17 of the 2011 season. 

Do what exactly? Reggie Wayne played. Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon and Dallas Clark played. Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis played.

So what did Irsay do?

Quote:A little extra Christmas "bonus"? ..... I dunno....

All you had to do was actually pay a little attention to how the Colts played in weeks 15 & 16 that season and how lethargically they played in that week 17 game. Another poster even said the other day that The Colts were only passing to the right side of the field that game and almost making it too easy for the Jags to stop them. The Colts didn't lose that week 17 from the Jags just playing lights out football, the Colts lost that week 17 game because they quit and anyone with eyes saw it. 

The coaching staff and front office got fired after the game. Alot of the players were cut. What benefit would throwing a game do for them?

Quote:The coaching staff and front office got fired after the game. Alot of the players were cut. What benefit would throwing a game do for them?

They were almost certainly getting fired/ cut regardless. Winning that last game wasn't saving any of them. 

But a little added "Christmas green" would have been motivation enough. They'd be getting something more than they would have otherwise. 

Quote:They were almost certainly getting fired/ cut regardless. Winning that last game wasn't saving any of them. 

But a little added "Christmas green" would have been motivation enough. They'd be getting something more than they would have otherwise.

Tanking a week 17 game may be a little more probable but tanking the entire season is reaching for straws.

Quote:Well, that was pretty incomprehensible.

And stop with the courage crap. Another tough guy behind a keyboard. I'm sure you stood real tall in Pop Warner.

Quote:Tanking a week 17 game may be a little more probable but tanking the entire season is reaching for straws.

Well, they won weeks 15 & 16 because they "could". There was cushion between the Colts and the closest competition for the #1 pick at that point. They played lights out good those weeks, IIRC they even beat the Texans, who were playing great up to that point. 

Quote:Well, they won weeks 15 & 16 because they "could". There was cushion between the Colts and the closest competition for the #1 pick at that point. They played lights out good those weeks, IIRC they even beat the Texans, who were playing great up to that point.

I'm just not buying it.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 06:16 PM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

Dear Adam 2012;

person doesn't have to be " tough" to correctly identify courage or the lack of... But since you went there. I am medically retired Los Angeles city fireman. I suffered 8 fractures to my c spine while responding to a fire . I am now a fully functioning journeyman union carpenter. I spend very little time behind my key board. And even less time questioning another persons bravery or valor whom I know absolutely nothing about.

Post surgery. The captain of my dept. as well as 4 county supervisors presented me with a unique medal that was in recognition of my " bravery and valor in the face certain and sudden peril ".

Quote:A person doesn't have to be " tough" to correctly identify courage or the lack of... But since you went there. I am medically retired Los Angeles city fireman. I suffered 8 fractures to my c spine while responding to a fire . I am now a fully functioning journeyman union carpenter. I spend very little time behind my key board. And even less time questioning another persons bravery or valor whom I know absolutely nothing about.

Post surgery. The captain of my dept. as well as 4 county supervisors presented me with a unique medal that was in recognition of my " bravery and valor in the face certain and sudden peril ".

And yet you still subject yourself to the jags on Sundays... haven't you been through enough? You sir are avtrooper .

Quote:And yet you still subject yourself to the jags on Sundays... haven't you been through enough? You sir are avtrooper .

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ObjectiveJag" data-cid="37765" data-time="1382653031">
And yet you still subject yourself to the jags on Sundays... haven't you been through enough? You sir are avtrooper .
</blockquote>

And FYI I lived in SD for 17 years... charger fans are annoying.

Lol... One thing I will not soon forget??? Is the arrogance and unfounded insults some petiole have posted in response to me .

I am just a fan with an opinion . I grew up in jax. I now live in California. I support the jaguars...but I will never post anything here again. What a disgusting feeling a few of the responses herein have me.

It's almost as if I've been molested bye ignorance

Quote:Lol... One thing I will not soon forget??? Is the arrogance and unfounded insults some petiole have posted in response to me .

I am just a fan with an opinion . I grew up in jax. I now live in California. I support the jaguars...but I will never post anything here again. What a disgusting feeling a few of the responses herein have me.

It's almost as if I've been molested bye ignorance

There's lot of ignorance here... just ignore it. Never argue with an idiot.. they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:There's lot of ignorance here... just ignore it. Never argue with an idiot.. they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

What ignorant is for <a class="" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/user/13423-diehardjagsfaninsocal/' title=""><span>diehardjagsfaninsocal</a></span> to question a man's physical toughness after 3 years in the league is misinformed and outdated on him. Yes gabbert is bad and its clear we're moving on in a new direction base on gabbert base on in my opinion his lack of accuracy and his mental toughness. However, to question gabbert's manhood base on lord knows what is offensive to me and other people who support this team on yearly basis.

[Image: giphy.gif]

It has to be Henne. The difference on the field is night and day compared to Gabbert.

Im not 100% sure about locker room politics, but if a FO/ head coach kept Gabbert in despite Henne obviously winning the competition, I doubt it would go over well

Quote:They were almost certainly getting fired/ cut regardless. Winning that last game wasn't saving any of them. 

Right. Irsay paid the players and coaches to lose.

Quote:Right. Irsay paid the players and coaches to lose.

Not big on conspiracies, but you have to remember that game. In no way did there seem to be a strategy to win. The effort from the players was there but the gameplan seemed dubious.

I don't care which QB is playin.. We still gunna lose.   Sick  Wallbash  :verymad:  :yucky:   :whistling:   :mellow:

I kinda just summed up all the different emotions I've gone through being a Jags for the last couple of years..  In order..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:And how did he do that?

Threaten the coach with his job?  Threaten the GM with his job?
To do it he wouldn'y need or even want the coach and/or gm, just a few key players. 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.