Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The possibility of the Jags going 8-8 or 7-9

On the bright side, our SOS should be on the decline these upcoming weeks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:On the bright side, our SOS should be on the decline these upcoming weeks.
Broncos Chiefs Seahawks and 49ers are going to hurt... the worse your SOS is the higher your draft pick if you're tied I think.

Quote:thats not happening either. 
Indy could bench their entire starting roster and install you and your weenie armed passing attack and the Jags would struggle to win that game.  Sorry, but this team is just wired to find ways to lose games right now.  My guess is we'll be much closer to my zero prediction than we will be to 7 or 8 wins, and by closer, I may be off by 1 if some team fails to catch the flight to Jacksonville, or a stadium and the entire organization for a team we'll be visiting in the 2nd half of the season is swallowed up by a giant sink hole. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Smile Smile Smile lol lol lol

We can't beat teams backup players.  We suck

Whatever is in your koolaid call the cdc asap

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I remember threads like this after the Houston game last year. How'd that turn out?

Even if the team was in position to win they would still get a dumb penalty or turnover.  We are just bad all around

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

going by bradley's mantra of improve every week which (par last weeks regression) we sort of have.

I have seen gradual improvement in various areas of our team each week. Even last week, though we lost by over 10 we were still technically in it by the 4th quarter,

We were only down by 10  in the 4th so if our offense had fired and got a score we could have come back into it.

Hopefully we will get better and keep it closer as it goes further through the season and we come close in the last 3 or 4 hopefully sneaking a win or two 

still not hopeful

Quote:Fixed that for you.

Fixed what? There is absolutely no reason for anyone to call himself a real Jaguars fan and say it is bad to win seven games.

The odds are somewhere between winning Powerball and seeing a flying pig.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I will say this once:

Cocaine is a heck of a drug
LOL

Rick: Charlie! There's a new joke going around. Have you heard it?

Charlie Murphy: What?!?!?!?

Rick: What did the 5 fingers say to the face ? SLaaaap!!!!!!! Hahahahahahah!

59,550 fans: Burst into laughter!

You people do realize this is sarcasm, right?  No one is really THAT DUMB to believe the Jaguars are going to win out.

though it would be a good woosh, it is not sarcasim. again i just said with the teams we are facing it is possible. its also possible i win the powerball tonight. more to the point the teams we are facing are almost if not as bad as we are and we could win several of them. and if that happens, there goes teddy to the bucs cause thier remaining schedule is like what we faced the first half mostly winning teams.

Quote:though it would be a good woosh, it is not sarcasim. again i just said with the teams we are facing it is possible. its also possible i win the powerball tonight. more to the point the teams we are facing are almost if not as bad as we are and we could win several of them. and if that happens, there goes teddy to the bucs cause thier remaining schedule is like what we faced the first half mostly winning teams.
Dear Mary Swanson - Samsonite,

So you're saying I got a chance!

Sincerely,

Dumb and Dumber

Ummm, anyone who actually watches the NFL on Sunday knows the Jags are THE worst team - bar none.  Bucs will almost certainly win a few because they've been competitive in a few games, while we've lost by at least 10 in every single game. 

Come on man!!

If the Jaguars go 8-8, Gus Bradley should be nominated for coach of the millennium.

Quote:Fixed what? There is absolutely no reason for anyone to call himself a real Jaguars fan and say it is bad to win seven games.
Luckily, there's no possibility of that happening. Heck I don't want the Jaguars to even win three games. Why would you want the Jaguars to win seven games and miss out on the top pick and a possible franchise quarterback?

Yes, I get the point of a game is to win. The point of a season however, is for your team to make a push at the playoffs/superbowl. That's not happening.

I call myself a real Jaguars fan, regardless of what you say. You are a real fan too, despite our opinions. I don't try to make a fan feel any less of a fan. I love this sorry [BLEEP] team.

Quote:Broncos Chiefs Seahawks and 49ers are going to hurt... the worse your SOS is the higher your draft pick if you're tied I think.

I included Tampa Bay's schedule in my Worst Teams Tracker thread so we can compare it with ours. They have the Saints twice and Patriots.

Quote:Luckily, there's no possibility of that happening. Heck I don't want the Jaguars to even win three games. Why would you want the Jaguars to win seven games and miss out on the top pick and a possible franchise quarterback?

Yes, I get the point of a game is to win. The point of a season however, is for your team to make a push at the playoffs/superbowl. That's not happening.

I call myself a real Jaguars fan, regardless of what you say. You are a real fan too, despite our opinions. I don't try to make a fan feel any less of a fan. I love this sorry [BAD WORD REMOVED] team.

The point that all of the "tankers" forget or don't know is it is not necessary to sacrifice the present to have a better future. There is no guarantee we miss out on the top pick by winning 7 games. We don't have to give up as much as the Redskins did to solve our quarterback problem. We probably have 10 picks (one from the Lions and two from the Ravens plus one earned pick in each round). So we can trade up and still pick more than 7 players.

7-9 or 8-8?  That's silly talk.  I fully expect 9-7 and a wild card.  Then we will win 3 road games in the playoffs and the Super Bowl.  Then Blaine Gabbert will reveal that he is not from this world and it is time for him to go.  He will float up through the stadium and head back to his home planet with the Lombardi trophy.

One of these years.............