Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carrier Stays in the US

Quote:Liberals are born mad. These losers would rather watch the country remain in the toilet than see Trump succeed. 

Deflecting, I see.  

Conservatives were frothing at the mouth, and hoped and probably prayed that Obama would fail.  Especially the ACA.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Deflecting, I see.  

Conservatives were frothing at the mouth, and hoped and probably prayed that Obama would fail.  Especially the ACA.

You think hoping had anything to do with the ACA failing?

Quote:Deflecting, I see.  

Hoped and prayed?

Warned and were proven right.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

It seems it's not only their fearless leader who are thin skinned [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Why must any question about this agreement with Carrier be characterized as sore loser liberals wanting Trump to fail?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:It seems it's not only their fearless leader who are thin skinned [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Why must any question about this agreement with Carrier be characterized as sore loser liberals wanting Trump to fail?
They spent 8 years following GOP leadership in opposing anything and everything put forth by Obama whether good or bad simply because they were sore losers. It's simple projection. 

Quote:They spent 8 years following GOP leadership in opposing anything and everything put forth by Obama whether good or bad simply because they were sore losers. It's simple projection. 

There was little or no resistance to anything.

The ability to resist wasn't even there when the worst failed policies were implemented.  The failed healthcare bill was passed solely by the D.  Not a single signature from the opposition.

Beyond making a few good decisions to stand up to bad policy after the 2010 elections showed hope, neither side showed any concern for fiscal responsibility.  The money kept printing, and the spending rolled on with it.

That's just the simple truth.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:You mad, bro?

Not at all. In fact, I come to the political thread to remind myself how little "political integrity" (if that's not an oxymoron) there is among those who consider themselves small government conservatives. 

It seems these liberal-haters are just as starstruck as a 15 year girl is about Justin Beiber. It's fun to watch. StoudCrowd reminds me of those black and white films of girls going crazy over the Beatles. I guess he wants to hold Trump's hand. Or something.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Not at all. In fact, I come to the political thread to remind myself how little "political integrity" (if that's not an oxymoron) there is among those who consider themselves small government conservatives. 

It seems these liberal-haters are just as starstruck as a 15 year girl is about Justin Beiber. It's fun to watch. StoudCrowd reminds me of those black and white films of girls going crazy over the Beatles. I guess he wants to hold Trump's hand. Or something.

You are confusing being excited about a president-elect who will actually accomplish things with being star struck. Not exactly the same thing.

Quote:You are confusing being excited about a president-elect who will actually accomplish things with being star struck. Not exactly the same thing.

It's not like the ol' thrill up the leg.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You are confusing being excited about a president-elect who will actually accomplish things with being star struck. Not exactly the same thing.

Nobody doubted Trump would be very friendly to big corporations.

Quote:Yeah, because "conservatives" want more government interference in the market.

Funny how people sell out when they so badly want to say they are "winning".

If he's promising less in taxes, how is that more government interference?

Quote:Why not? It works for NFL team owners who want a new stadium.

NFL teams rarely want to move for a new stadium, actually. Look at all the new stadiums that replaced old stadiums in short driving distance or on the same spot. Before the Rams this year, when was the last time a team moved out of state? Also, the Rams did not move to London.

Quote:If he's promising less in taxes, how is that more government interference?

It's a government subsidy.

So if they received some kind of tax break as incentive to stay then this a loss big time. That would be government picking winners and losers, I don't care if it's 100 jobs or 100,000 jobs no company should recieve a competitive advantage from the state just because they threaten to leave.

Now I'm all for an exit tax if they leave heck I'm even ok with reasonable tarriffs to encourage domestic production (45% isn't reasonable for the record) but I sure hope were not about to start negotiation on taxes with individual companies.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 06:31 AM by EricC85.)

Quote:If he's promising less in taxes, how is that more government interference?

Less for just carrier or a reduction across the board? If it's for the entire market than great! But if it's just for carrier or that one specific plant or a one time credit to stay then that's a big problem.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

The swamp is filling. Could really pay to donate to the Republican party or Trump organisation right now. Get a nice individually tailored tax rate.

Just another reason why we have to revise the tax code.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You are confusing being excited about a president-elect who will actually hopefully accomplish things with being star struck. Not exactly the same thing.
FTFY

Aell now that the details are released we see that the 1300 jobs are still being cut. Now that the Indy plant is reprieved, the poor saps in Huntington Indiana are now left to fend for themselves for the benefit of the Indianapolis employees good fortune.

Quote:It's a government subsidy.

Taking less of someone else's money is not a subsidy.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"