Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If this team ever wants to be competitive again, there needs to be some MAJOR changes around here.

I think the coaches and staff are fine. The only change I would make is to give ole Jedd "The Dead" Fisch the boot.. As far as players go, the team lacks talent and leadership on the field. Mr. Magoo could see that..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The way this season is going, it almost looks like Gus was told no matter what happens this year he's basically getting a free pass until he gets his QB next year. The way Blackmon blew up the past two weeks, then to basically ignore him all game was like he was told to do so or he told the OC to go that way, one or the other. Then we all know the play calling, which has been consistent with Jaguar play in the past how many years? The biggest problem as everyone already knows is we are tied with several other teams for being winless so far. The only good thing about that is how deep the draft is next year, so we should have no problems getting a franchise QB.

Keep the HC, get a new OC as mentioned above. Maybe someone is available that has proven good at developing rookie QB's.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I blame yesterday on the DLine.  They were getting absolutely manhandled.  Every single one of them.  You give up 115 to Ryan Matthews?  Wow. 

Bradley is not the issue; it is a lack of talent on the roster.  The tough thing for Caldwell to turn this around quickly is that no meaningful free agent will want to play here, unless they are overpaid to the market.  Also, out of the 7-10 draft picks each year for a given team, it is the norm that only a few turn out to be truly good contributing players. This turnaround for the Jags is going to be a long process, measured in seasons, not games.    

Quote:Bradley is not the issue; it is a lack of talent on the roster.  The tough thing for Caldwell to turn this around quickly is that no meaningful free agent will want to play here, unless they are overpaid to the market.  Also, out of the 7-10 draft picks each year for a given team, it is the norm that only a few turn out to be truly good contributing players. This turnaround for the Jags is going to be a long process, measured in seasons, not games.    

That's pretty much every free agent. They go where they get paid the most.

;

;

Quote:That's pretty much every free agent. They go where they get paid the most.

On top of that, didn't we just rank top 5 amongst agents?

I keep looking at Dave Caldwell.  Then I compare him to Ryan Grigson.  Grigson orchestrated a one year turnaround.  From the end of 2011 season to the 2012 season there were 27 new players on the Colts roster.  They turned over half their roster in one off-season!  They had a great draft.  And they were active in pro free agency.  And they went from a dismal loser to a playoff team in one year.

But one thing made that possible: drafting Andrew Luck.  It cannot be overestimated that drafting the best QB in a generation made that dramatic turnaround possible.  HOWEVER, without Luck they could have signed a solid FA QB and the turnaround would have still been impressive.  They would have gained 6-8 wins over the previous season and given their fans reason to hope and cheer.

So, while one can't check out on Caldwell (way too early), it's clear that if the team were not content to sit on millions in excess salary cap, the Jags could be playing respectable, competitive ball right now.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:I keep looking at Dave Caldwell.  Then I compare him to Ryan Grigson.  Grigson orchestrated a one year turnaround.  From the end of 2011 season to the 2012 season there were 27 new players on the Colts roster.  They turned over half their roster in one off-season!  They had a great draft.  And they were active in pro free agency.  And they went from a dismal loser to a playoff team in one year.

But one thing made that possible: drafting Andrew Luck.  It cannot be overestimated that drafting the best QB in a generation made that dramatic turnaround possible.  HOWEVER, without Luck they could have signed a solid FA QB and the turnaround would have still been impressive.  They would have gained 6-8 wins over the previous season and given their fans reason to hope and cheer.

So, while one can't check out on Caldwell (way too early), it's clear that if the team were not content to sit on millions in excess salary cap, the Jags could be playing respectable, competitive ball right now.

You have absolutely no way of knowing if this is true or not.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:I keep looking at Dave Caldwell.  Then I compare him to Ryan Grigson.  Grigson orchestrated a one year turnaround.  From the end of 2011 season to the 2012 season there were 27 new players on the Colts roster.  They turned over half their roster in one off-season!  They had a great draft.  And they were active in pro free agency.  And they went from a dismal loser to a playoff team in one year.

Oh please, without Luck, the Colts would be lucky to have 2 or 3 wins this season, and would have likely been a well below .500 team last year. 

The available FA QB on the market weren't good. 

Do you know how bad that Colts offensive roster would be without Luck? He has 9 come from behind victories in the 4th quarter or overtime in the last 2 years. That means 9 of their 16 wins.

Take away Luck and they maybe win 3 of those games not to mention how many games they would have just outright lost if it wasn't for Luck. You're looking at a 6-17 record the past 2 years instead of 17-6.

Would the Colts beat the Broncos without Luck?  I don't think so. 

Grigson is the guy who became a millionaire by winning the Powerball. Million to one shot.

;

;

Quote:Didn't we just blow everything up?  So, after doing so, the expectation is immediate improvement? 

The game yesterday was frustrating.  But, massive changes won't do anything at this point aside from satisfy fans who need instant gratification.  This is a process.  It takes time.

The team sucks.  Everyone knows this. 

Bradley showed a lot more anger on the sideline yesterday than he has at any time this year, and that continued into the post game where he was anything but rah rah about where the team is currently.  He also took a few arrows himself putting a lot of the problems on coaching.  Rightly so. 

We don't need to blow everything up again.  We just need to continue with the process at this point.  It will get better eventually.

I don't think they understand what reconstruction means. Gene left a dumpster fire of a roster. 

Luck schmuck. There is no Luck in next years draft class. You think Luck would be winning games here with this roster? Maybe some closer games and an odd win, but this team has more holes than Blackburn Lancashire ( tribute to next weeks game ) .  The only way out of their hole is to quit digging, and fill the thing...like with some talent?

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Florida State would score 85 on the Jaguars. Gus Bradley Should Be Fired
so FSU is better then Denver?

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Florida State would score 85 on the Jaguars. Gus Bradley Should Be Fired

So Florida State would beat not just the Jaguars, but every team in the NFL?  Considering that not a single team has put up more than 50 points on us.

Do us all a favor and unhook your mouse so it's harder for you to hit the post button.

Quote:I'll just say what I have said before - ANYone is upgradable, including the head coach. 

If someone becomes available this offseason of the caliber of  Andy Reid like last year, The Jags would be stupid to pass on him just for the sake of having Gus Bradley here atm. 

If no one (significantly) better is available in the offseason, then you stick with Bradley. 

Yes, because I'm sure an Andy-Reid type coach would love to go to a team that fires it's head coaches after a year and lacks the talent we do.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You think Luck would be winning games here with this roster? 
yes

Quote:You think Luck would be winning games here with this roster?

Absolutely.

;

;

Quote:The way this season is going, it almost looks like Gus was told no matter what happens this year he's basically getting a free pass until he gets his QB next year. The way Blackmon blew up the past two weeks, then to basically ignore him all game was like he was told to do so or he told the OC to go that way, one or the other. Then we all know the play calling, which has been consistent with Jaguar play in the past how many years? The biggest problem as everyone already knows is we are tied with several other teams for being winless so far. The only good thing about that is how deep the draft is next year, so we should have no problems getting a franchise QB.

Keep the HC, get a new OC as mentioned above. Maybe someone is available that has proven good at developing rookie QB's.

Are you serious? You think we ignored Blackmon? The pick was a throw to Blackmon in solid coverage which was mostly double cornor for the short routes safety on the deep

whenever he was remotely open we hit him and the chargers were knifing our line at will meaning we have to get the ball out quick

This leads to slants crossing routes and screens which is what Fisch,designed problem is when you can't run the ball regularly can't give your QB more than 3 seconds and even then give away silly penalties and let hands go up at the line well you could have the best scheme ever and it will fail

This is not scheme it's a lack of talent in the trenches,on both sides of the ball

Why people blame the coach for having LBs who dont make their fits correctly or d-lineman who get blown off the ball is beyond me. You can only do so much with coaching without any talent.