Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Brown.

Quote:One good game plus garbage stats. Let's go crazy!!! Woo hoo!

Garbage time or not 5 for 120 yds.

those are big chunks of yardage.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The problem with all these yards for the recievers is they are coming when the game is already over. Yes he had 100+ yards, but of those 100+ and Cecils 400+ how many came at garbage time? Not only that but did you see all the drops by shorts today? Good god.

Indeed! They're the "Garbagetime Heroes"!

We can't even enjoy a bright spot in a game anymore.

Garbage time or not, it's not easy to rack up 100 yards receiving, especially with an offense as inept as this one.

Brown had a decent game. Hopefully he can build upon it and turn into a consistent contributor.

As far as the drops by CS3, that is a concern. I know that on one of the drops, the injury probably contributed, but he still needs to do a better job of hauling the pass in. He's had too many opportunities missed this year.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

1. Blackmon

2. Shorts

3. Brown

4. Sanders

Yup WR position is set, write that off, imagine what they will do with an actual QB

Speaking of receivers, does Blackmon ever toe tap on the sideline?  Seems to me, he catches blindly and rarely looks down.  The endzone toss; splendid throw by Henne, had a true chance for 6.  Lovely catch by Blackmon with time to tap that left foot in bounds before running out...

He did this repeatedly last year and hasn't seem to correct it thus far.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Oh, on topic, yeah Mike Brown looked nice

Which is nice

Derek Cox, however

Not so nice

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

At this point... i'll take any positives that don't cost us the #1 Draft pick next year.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Speaking of receivers, does Blackmon ever toe tap on the sideline?  Seems to me, he catches blindly and rarely looks down.  The endzone toss; splendid throw by Henne, had a true chance for 6.  Lovely catch by Blackmon with time to tap that left foot in bounds before running out...

Yeah, the whole 2 feet in thing seems to be a foreign concept for him. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Speaking of receivers, does Blackmon ever toe tap on the sideline?  Seems to me, he catches blindly and rarely looks down.  The endzone toss; splendid throw by Henne, had a true chance for 6.  Lovely catch by Blackmon with time to tap that left foot in bounds before running out...

On the potential TD play, what you are asking him to do is more difficult than you think. That pass was carrying his momentum away - he might need to improve his getting 2 feet in as a rule, but on this play I don't think it was possible. 

Quote:On the potential TD play, what you are asking him to do is more difficult than you think. That pass was carrying his momentum away - he might need to improve his getting 2 feet in as a rule, but on this play I don't think it was possible. 

Produces not excuses

Quote:Produces not excuses

I watched the replay several times. I can't fault Blackmon too much on that play. 

Mike Brown looked like a poor man's Blackmon on a few of those plays yesterday. 

He good. 

Now, I'd also like to see Burton get a few more snaps, too. 

Quote:I watched the replay several times. I can't fault Blackmon too much on that play. 

I just think it is a play that most elite receivers would make. That type of play has actually been his number one issue too since he got here.

As for Brown, he looks like a nice piece to have. Makes me happy to think what type of weapons our rookie QB will have next year.

I'm a Mike Brown supporter and have been excited about him since camp.  Glad to see him get his chance.  Honestly, wouldn't mind seeing Ace just settle down on punt returns for a while when he returns.  

Gene's Myth

Watching the game on TV at the sportsbar, at first glance I thought it was Blackmon getting that one pass and taking it close to 50 yards, then I saw it was #12 not #14 and was like "wow", that Brown just made a nice play, he actually looked like Blackmon out there. 

With those 3 at WR, any QB we draft won't have the excuse of "well he has no weapons"...

Quote:5 catches 129 yards good job buddy.. Keeps that up he'll be the 3rd WR real quick.. Even though we lost Brown Showed that Blackmon and Shorts aint the lonely ones.. Can't wait to get either Bridgewater or marioti can't wait woo hoo.. Gabbert and Henne need to both go please i can't take the horrible qb play..

He keeps making things happen, promising... if only we had a better Oline & a better QB

Quote:I'm a Mike Brown supporter and have been excited about him since camp.  Glad to see him get his chance.  Honestly, wouldn't mind seeing Ace just settle down on punt returns for a while when he returns.  
That would require the other team to punt.  So  - just settle down on the bench is what you're saying...

Quote:Oh, on topic, yeah Mike Brown looked nice

Which is nice

Derek Cox, however

Not so nice
Well Cox looked good to me, I certainly appreciated all the plays he gave up.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:That would require the other team to punt.  So  - just settle down on the bench is what you're saying...

Well, I was being nice 

Gene's Myth

Mike Brown - Secret Superstar at PFF

Quote:While the Jacksonville Jaguars haven’t been able to pick up a win yet this season, they were able to get a big performance out of 2012 undrafted free agent wide receiver <b>Mike Brown </b>(+2.8) on Sunday. After dropping the only pass thrown his way in his rookie year, Brown has put up an impressive 169 yards in the past two weeks and has now forced six missed tackles on just 14 receptions this year.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...-week-7-2/