Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We Need Gabbert Back Asap

The Broncos have the 4th worst defense in the NFL and the Jaguars offense still only managed 12 points on them, less points than Gabbert put up in a bit more than a half last week. Once again there's nothing Henne did to make a compelling case that he should be the starter. Gabbert can toss it up for Blackmon just as easily.

The good news is if you're worried about winning a game with Henne under center you really shouldn't be. Even if he were in position to get a win he wouldn't. He's not a QB that makes good plays with a game on the line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I just don't want to go 0-16. We can win 1, maybe even 2 games and still get Bridgewater... I just can't stomach going 0-16.

That's pretty speculative.  2 wins didn't get the top pick last year, and we're one of 3 win-less teams right now.

Quote:The Broncos have the 4th worst defense in the NFL and the Jaguars offense still only managed 12 points on them, less points than Gabbert put up in a bit more than a half last week. Once again there's nothing Henne did to make a compelling case that he should be the starter. Gabbert can toss it up for Blackmon just as easily.

The good news is if you're worried about winning a game with Henne under center you really shouldn't be. Even if he were in position to get a win he wouldn't. He's not a QB that makes good plays with a game on the line.
Lol. I can't. 

GABBERT SUCKS. STOP DEFENDING HIM. HE IS ONE OF THE WORST QBS IN NFL HISTORY. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Lol. I can't. 

GABBERT SUCKS. STOP DEFENDING HIM. HE IS ONE OF THE WORST QBS IN NFL HISTORY. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

What part of what I just said is a defense of Gabbert?

Stop making it personal. I'm talking about Henne. Blackmon did a great job dominating and he really helped pump up Henne's yardage, but the Jaguars offense still scored 12 points and Henne was really off target on the critical plays. For instance the 4th down at the Broncos goal line he threw the ball well behind Blackmon from a few yards away and almost had it intercepted. He repeatedly threw at guys arms (not sure why this is the case but Henne gets more balls batted down than Gabbert) and down by a couple of scores at the end of the game he threw an INT then threw a bunch of checkdowns in the 2 minute drill.

He's not a compelling choice. It's obvious Gabbert's not the answer, either, but it's ridiculous to act like we're seeing something better with Henne, we're just seeing someone different.

Quote:What part of what I just said is a defense of Gabbert?

Stop making it personal. I'm talking about Henne. Blackmon did a great job dominating and he really helped pump up Henne's yardage, but the Jaguars offense still scored 12 points and Henne was really off target on the critical plays. For instance the 4th down at the Broncos goal line he threw the ball well behind Blackmon from a few yards away and almost had it intercepted. He repeatedly threw at guys arms (not sure why this is the case but Henne gets more balls batted down than Gabbert) and down by a couple of scores at the end of the game he threw an INT then threw a bunch of checkdowns in the 2 minute drill.

He's not a compelling choice. It's obvious Gabbert's not the answer, either, but it's ridiculous to act like we're seeing something better with Henne, we're just seeing someone different.

The offense looks completely different when Henne is in the game versus Gabbert.  It's pretty wierd that you can't see that.  But I would guess that most can see the difference.  We look like a pretty bad offense when Henne is in the game.  We look inept, lost, and pathetic when Gabbert is in the game. 

I believe the majority of fans see this.  It's time to move on from the Gabbert experiment immediately, he should never be behindd center on this team again...  In any circumstance.  Henne may be able to stay on as a back up, but he's no starter. 

Quote:The offense looks completely different when Henne is in the game versus Gabbert.  It's pretty wierd that you can't see that.  But I would guess that most can see the difference.  We look like a pretty bad offense when Henne is in the game.  We look inept, lost, and pathetic when Gabbert is in the game. 

I believe the majority of fans see this.  It's time to move on from the Gabbert experiment immediately, he should never be behindd center on this team again...  In any circumstance.  Henne may be able to stay on as a back up, but he's no starter. 

The offense looked good enough for Gabbert to pass for 200 yards in a bit more than a half of play and 13 points last week. The offense did look better this week. I don't know if it's because of Blackmon but I know it's not because of Henne. We have seen plenty of Henne. He's an older version of Gabbert that likes to throw alternating checkdowns and interceptions.

The fact that you care who starts at this point is the strange part to me. If Gus Bradley says he's going with Gabbert I will care as little as I'd care if he said he was going with Henne.

Quote:The offense looked good enough for Gabbert to pass for 200 yards in a bit more than a half of play and 13 points last week. The offense did look better this week. I don't know if it's because of Blackmon but I know it's not because of Henne. We have seen plenty of Henne. He's an older version of Gabbert that likes to throw alternating checkdowns and interceptions.

The fact that you care who starts at this point is the strange part to me. If Gus Bradley says he's going with Gabbert I will care as little as I'd care if he said he was going with Henne.

Gabbert had 2 very good possessions in the 1st quarter, there is no doubt of that.  But he went right back to his ineptness in the pocket after the 1st quarter.  He looks terrible in the pocket, and if the play is anything put a 1st read quick out type play, he makes more mistakes than plays.  I'm done watching him cringe from the ghosts he sees on the field.  He's not fun to watch.  Matter of fact, it's depressing to watch. 

I care who starts because I want to see a legit QB try to run the offense.  I actually enjoyed watching the entire bronco game.  Besides the 2 drives agains the rams, the rest of Gabberts day was un-watchable.  It may be strange, but we're in a strange season!  I just want to be entertained this year

Quote:The offense looked good enough for Gabbert to pass for 200 yards in a bit more than a half of play and 13 points last week. The offense did look better this week. I don't know if it's because of Blackmon but I know it's not because of Henne. We have seen plenty of Henne. He's an older version of Gabbert that likes to throw alternating checkdowns and interceptions.

People do care who starts. Gabbert hinders the development of every player around him. Blackmon would not have had that day yesterday if Gabbert was the QB. Henne is trash and will always be trash but he atleast throws the ball to our best player whether he's covered or not (like Cutler and Marshall)

Gabbert is just awful. Flat out most scared QB ever.

Quote:Uh, no. Kind of hard for Blackmon to develop on IR. 

Develop?....he's already there. 

Quote:People do care who starts. Gabbert hinders the development of every player around him. Blackmon would not have had that day yesterday if Gabbert was the QB. Henne is trash and will always be trash but he atleast throws the ball to our best player whether he's covered or not (like Cutler and Marshall)

Gabbert is just awful. Flat out most scared QB ever.

Just stop. Blackmon is already there. He had more than 100 yards with Gabbert throwing to him last week.

I don't care if Gabbert starts but Henne isn't some kind of improvement. The Jaguars will lose plenty of games and not be entertaining with Henne just as well as they would with Gabbert.

Henne > Gabbert 

Quote:Just stop. Blackmon is already there. He had more than 100 yards with Gabbert throwing to him last week.

I don't care if Gabbert starts but Henne isn't some kind of improvement. The Jaguars will lose plenty of games and not be entertaining with Henne just as well as they would with Gabbert.
Actually yesterday was pretty entertaining. I doubt Gabbert would have done well yesterday.

Quote:Actually yesterday was pretty entertaining. I doubt Gabbert would have done well yesterday.

12 points against 35 is how you measure entertainment?

Seriously, I enjoyed the game, but I recognized it for what it was. The team was fortunate to have their opponent repeatedly fumble QB/center exchanges and also got an INT return for a TD against a QB that rarely throws them.

Like I said, I don't care who starts, this is still a 1 or 2 win team at best no matter who is playing, and I doubt that somehow Gabbert runs out on the field and tackles Poz on the way to the endzone to make the game less entertaining.

Quote:12 points against 35 is how you measure entertainment?

Seriously, I enjoyed the game, but I recognized it for what it was. The team was fortunate to have their opponent repeatedly fumble QB/center exchanges and also got an INT return for a TD against a QB that rarely throws them.

Like I said, I don't care who starts, this is still a 1 or 2 win team at best no matter who is playing, and I doubt that somehow Gabbert runs out on the field and tackles Poz on the way to the endzone to make the game less entertaining.
Being down 2 points at half time, Blackmon destroying, MJD scores, defense played well and had an interception return for TD all against the best team in the AFC. I would say that's pretty entertaining considering what has been on the field so far this year.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2013, 11:25 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:Just stop. Blackmon is already there. He had more than 100 yards with Gabbert throwing to him last week.

Dude, just fold up your chair and go home. The team isn't winning with Henne but he clearly puts the team in a better position than Gabby. They just need to put Gabbert on IR and put him out of his misery.

Quote:Dude, just fold up your chair and go home. The team isn't winning with Henne but he clearly puts the team in a better position than Gabby. They just need to put Gabbert on IR and put him out of his misery.

He'll never admit it, 3 weeks ago he was still going on about how Gabby has something to show, his ceiling is through the roof blah blah blah. 

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2013, 02:10 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:He'll never admit it, 3 weeks ago he was still going on about how Gabby has something to show, his ceiling is through the roof blah blah blah. 
It took some people a long time to actually realize the earth is round.... and that Gabbert sucks.

Quote:He'll never admit it, 3 weeks ago he was still going on about how Gabby has something to show, his ceiling is through the roof blah blah blah. 
Okie Homie reminds me of the Knight on Monty Pythons Holy Grail.  He has his arm and legs chopped off and is still fighting.  #NOLEGSTOSTANDON

"Twas merely a flesh wound"

i kinda wanna see stanzi give it a shot... i know he cant seem to beat out henne in practice which is a bad sign.... but henne couldnt beat out gabbert in practice, so id say our system is pretty unreliable at reading qb's at this point... what could it hurt at this point.

Quote:i kinda wanna see stanzi give it a shot... i know he cant seem to beat out henne in practice which is a bad sign.... but henne couldnt beat out gabbert in practice, so id say our system is pretty unreliable at reading qb's at this point... what could it hurt at this point.

He might later in the year but nobody on the roster is the long term answer. Just stick with Henne unless he gets hurt.