Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell's 2015 draft as bad as his 2013?

Quote:I like how people act like Fowler was a bad pick, and not unanimous Top 5.

Ryan Leaf was also a consensus top pick. Dave gets paid millions to recognize the guys that won't pan out. If he can't recognize that in at least 2 of his four drafts, and possibly 3, then why even have him?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like how people act like Fowler was a bad pick, and not unanimous Top 5.
Unanimous? There were lots of people who didn't like Fowler. 

Fowler seriously was outrun by Malik Jackson for a sideline tackle. My jaw dropped. Dude is trash.

Both Dave and Gus have got to go.  This has been a disaster from the get-go and way too many high draft picks haven't panned out.  Time to blow it up and start over.  

For every good pick, there have been 5 bad ones. You can't keep missing on high first round picks and expect to remain employed.

Well, I guess you can when Shad Khan is your boss...

Quote:We should have drafted Tevin Coleman in the 3rd. Yeldon would probably have been a 4th round pick if we didn't pick him.

A lot of us wanted Leonard Williams too -_-

Agreed. I wanted Williams and Yeldon was my last rated RB. Tevin was my 4th rated RB in a very strong class, so I would've much rather had him. I'm just not high on taking Alabama RB's. They rarely seem to pan out in the NFL. Just like Texas A&M OT's. 

Quote:no...he's brought in TONS of talent...Dave isn't the problem....THEY SAY! lol

you are correct. Dave is trash and is the reason we have so many losses.

Not to mention his free agent signings. Gibson is a waste. On replay everyone watch him. He shys away from contact
Formerly known as The Real Joker

I heard most of Oakland's OLine were free agents? Where was Dave on that one with all of that cash to spend?

Quote:I heard most of Oakland's OLine were free agents? Where was Dave on that one with all of that cash to spend?
Dave spent big on FA LT and RT, he also spent the #2 overall pick on an LT and two more day 2 picks on guards. He certainly has tried very hard to fix the issue, he just hasn't succeeded too well.

Also, it's not like the oline is killing us. Coming into the game we were 15th in sacks given up % and 17th in yards per carry. It's been solid enough to win if we were getting franchise QB level play. 

Dave said last year, "it's built". If this is what he aspired to build we have what we have because of him. Including the coaching staff.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Quote:Dave said last year, "it's built". If this is what he aspired to build we have what we have because of him. Including the coaching staff.

Regards...............the Chiefjag
show me that quote? Only person i heard say that is the worst coach in NFL history

Quote:show me that quote? Only person i heard say that is the worst coach in NFL history

I don't know where the quote is but I also remember him saying it's built
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:show me that quote? Only person i heard say that is the worst coach in NFL history

It was Gus...I can't find anywhere that Caldwell said it.  Anyone?

http://pro32.ap.org/article/jaguars-plan...rebuilding

Quote:Both Dave and Gus have got to go. This has been a disaster from the get-go and way too many high draft picks haven't panned out. Time to blow it up and start over.

We've drafted terribly in the top 5-16 for the past decade +
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

The "I'm young and smarter than you" thing was cool for awhile but has turned into Dave being an extremely mediocre GM to be honest.

Anybody that comes in with the we're not trying to win our first couple of years crap is not a good gm or coach. That is the sorriest mindset to have in this business because if you're not 100% dead on about your draft picks and free agent signings you're screwed for about 6-7 years.

Quote:Unanimous? There were lots of people who didn't like Fowler.

Find me any scouts or personnel men that didn't have him as a top 10 talent
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>