Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns Were Willing To Trade A 2Nd Rounder For Monroe Per La Confora

Didn't Gene say he would of drafted Big Ben as well. It is easy to revise.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Didn't Gene say he would of drafted Big Ben as well. It is easy to revise.
two strikes, one more buddy.

Quote:So somebody sells their house for $200k. The day after the closing, it's easy to say that you would have paid $250k for that house. It does not make it true.
Well if nobody else is trying to buy the house 200k is nice, but if you have a lot of buyers that price is gonna go up, basically Caldwell rushed into the deal instead of seeing what else he could get. 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:two strikes, one more buddy.

Just because don't agree. Does not mean I am not a fan. And have last week in stadium pics to prove that.

#Gojags

Most of those teams would want him as a rt.

Quote:Well if nobody else is trying to buy the house 200k is nice, but if you have a lot of buyers that price is gonna go up, basically Caldwell rushed into the deal instead of seeing what else he could get. 

You don't know that

I sat section 438 row H. And boy was it high. But had a blast.

#Gojags

Quote:Just because don't agree. Does not mean I am not a fan. And have last week in stadium pics to prove that.
not questionaing your loyalty to the jags. its just if these reports are true, then caldwell couldve gotten better value, but you disputed it. twice.

So Caldwell had a better offer on the table and decided "nah" I'll go with something worse.

Okay.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 11:48 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Why would they do that when they have Joe Thomas?  The only thing I can think of is to make sure the Ravens don't get him.  Or move him to RT.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:not questionaing your loyalty to the jags. its just if these reports are true, then caldwell couldve gotten better value, but you disputed it. twice.

Just given a different outlook. I mean if could of got a third stinks. But I try to look at the glass half full. It is too easy to complain.

#Gojags

Or...we could not just believe every twitter rumor. 

I remember during the preseason La Canfora said the Lions were going to trade for a starting receiver, all the Lions fans I know took it and ran with it. Several weeks into the season and even after the pizza incident that caused Burleson's injury. No trade. 

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 11:51 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:Or...we could not just believe every twitter rumor. 

I remember during the preseason La Canfora said the Lions were going to trade for a starting receiver, all the Lions fans I know took it and ran with it. Several weeks into the season and even after the pizza incident that caused Burleson's injury. No trade. 

Lacanfora also said the Jaguars will be in London by 2021. And constantly gets in Twitter arguments with Jaguar fans about it. So, you know...

Quote:So Caldwell had a better offer on the table and decided "nah" I'll go with something worse.

Okay.

^This^. This is so basic, yet so many are willing to believe it to be possible.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

LOL - hard to believe people are stupid enough to fall for these rumors.  Some people are SO gullible...

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 12:01 PM by Jinjo.)

Beat writers for the TU have way closer sources to the Jags and they reported that the Browns made an offer and it wasnt better than the Ravens. It seems to me like the Browns are going for good PR to make up for the Richardson deal. It makes no sense for that team to deal for Monroe, they would have to invest 1/6 of their salary cap in OTs. Thats not going to happen.

Its also been reported that Caldwell contacted the Steelers and Cardinals, so the assumption people are making that Caldwell just took the first deal that came to him is just wrong.

Quote:So Caldwell had a better offer on the table and decided "nah" I'll go with something worse.

Okay.
Did you even read? Thats not how it happen, Caldwell was not shopping Monroe but got an offer, while things were being worked out with the Ravens the Browns found out and started trying to negotiate with the Jaguars, but the Jaguars were too far in with the Ravens and didnt want to back out.

What Caldwell shouldve did start calling around and seeing if he could get better value before pulling the trigger.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2013, 12:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu...3356335104

EDIT**   BROWNS not Broncs...

I'm speechless.
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/386148554839834624' title="8:19 AM - 4 Oct 13">4 Oct</a>

<p class="">Per Browns saying they didn't know Monroe was available, they called <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> before trade w/ Ravens was done. Offer wasn't as good.

Quote:Beat writers for the TU have way closer sources to the Jags and they reported that the Browns made an offer and it wasnt better than the Ravens. It seems to me like the Browns are going for good PR to make up for the Richardson deal. It makes no sense for that team to deal for Monroe, they would have to invest 1/6 of their salary cap in OTs. Thats not going to happen.

While it wouldn't make sense, Caldwell could easily just come out and say "Nope, Browns offered ____, we passed."

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:A Lacanfora rumor isn't a fact

Quote:One 4th round pick + One 5th round pick > One 3rd round pick.

Quote:So somebody sells their house for $200k. The day after the closing, it's easy to say that you would have paid $250k for that house. It does not make it true.
Same old apologists spewing the same old rhetoric.

Quote:Most of those teams would want him as a rt.

Insightful post.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.