Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Brooklyn Store Played 'Sweet Home Alabama' and New Yorkers Lost Their Minds

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2016, 09:19 AM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:It's NY.. Anyone who has been to NY knows that most NY'ers are arrogant, ignorant, idiotic, and vicious. It definitely is an armpit and most there are scum..

That is complete nonsense.   There are millions of people in New York.   It's a beautiful city and I love it.   To characterize New Yorkers as being one way or another is just prejudice on your part.   New York is probably the most diverse place in the world.   I've been there many times.   It has the best food, the best museums, the best concerts, the best stores, the best public parks, and the most interesting and diverse population of any place I've ever been.   New York is a great place.   Your statement is stupid.  

And as far as the original article goes, someone played Sweet Home Alabama and someone overheard a couple of people complaining about it.   Big [BLEEP] deal.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2016, 10:00 AM by WingerDinger.)

Quote:That is complete nonsense. There are millions of people in New York. It's a beautiful city and I love it. To characterize New Yorkers as being one way or another is just prejudice on your part. New York is probably the most diverse place in the world. I've been there many times. It has the best food, the best museums, the best concerts, the best stores, the best public parks, and the most interesting and diverse population of any place I've ever been. New York is a great place. Your statement is stupid.

And as far as the original article goes, someone played Sweet Home Alabama and someone overheard a couple of people complaining about it. Big [BAD WORD REMOVED] deal.
You must be one of those NY'ers I'm talkin about then..

NY sucks. Yeah, nice place to visit, horrible place to live.. It's a total armpit. Yes, the people there do suck. People literally throwing punches over parking spots, rats the size of small dogs, people just stepping over bodies of homeless people to walk on the sidewalks. It sucks. Flushing Meadows, Queens, ect, it all needs flushed..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:You must be one of those NY'ers I'm talkin about then..

No.  I'm from Jacksonville and I live in Jacksonville.   That's why I see the irony of your calling New York "an armpit."  

Quote:No. I'm from Jacksonville and I live in Jacksonville. That's why I see the irony of your calling New York "an armpit."

I lived there. Never again..

Quote:You must be one of those NY'ers I'm talkin about then..

NY sucks. Yeah, nice place to visit, horrible place to live.. It's a total armpit. Yes, the people there do suck. People literally throwing punches over parking spots, rats the size of small dogs, people just stepping over bodies of homeless people to walk on the sidewalks. It sucks. Flushing Meadows, Queens, ect, it all needs flushed..

That's not the New York I've seen.   The New York I've seen is home to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Madison Square Garden, Lincoln Center, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway.     I've walked down the street and heard a dozen different languages spoken.  It's a beautiful city full of wonderful things to do and a lot of wonderful people that I've met there.

Sure, there are bad parts of New York, and it sounds like you lived in one.  But there are parts of Jacksonville I wouldn't want to live in either.   And then for you to blanketly characterize all 7 million New Yorkers as "...arrogant, ignorant, idiotic, and vicious..." is a very prejudicial statement.   You have to admit that.  

I wouldn't want to live in NYC, but it's cool to visit occasionally.

Have you seen my baseball?

I love going to New York, it's one of the best cities to visit, but there are always interesting people and things to see there.  Sometimes people aren't nearly as open minded as they like to think they are.

With that said, I have this same reaction to this song at Jaguar games.  I can't stand it.  Not for the meaning of the song or anything like that, just personal reasons.

What's wrong with Sweet Home Alabama?

Quote:That's not the New York I've seen. The New York I've seen is home to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Madison Square Garden, Lincoln Center, Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway. I've walked down the street and heard a dozen different languages spoken. It's a beautiful city full of wonderful things to do and a lot of wonderful people that I've met there.

Sure, there are bad parts of New York, and it sounds like you lived in one. But there are parts of Jacksonville I wouldn't want to live in either. And then for you to blanketly characterize all 7 million New Yorkers as "...arrogant, ignorant, idiotic, and vicious..." is a very prejudicial statement. You have to admit that.

Sounds like you've only been to the tourist districts. That's like saying Miami is beautiful because of South Beach, Miami sucks too. And unless you have $2000 a month 1 bedroom apartment in the tourist districts, you're not going to live there. You're gonna live in the real NY.. Not the NY or Miami only seen on TV..

And Jacksonville is Candyland compared to Miami and NY..

Quote:Sounds like you've only been to the tourist districts. That's like saying Miami is beautiful because of South Beach, Miami sucks too. And unless you have $2000 a month 1 bedroom apartment in the tourist districts, you're not going to live there. You're gonna live in the real NY.. Not the NY or Miami only seen on TV..

And Jacksonville is Candyland compared to Miami and NY..

And it sounds like you lived in the armpit of a beautiful woman so you decided this beautiful woman is an armpit.

Quote:And it sounds like you lived in the armpit of a beautiful woman so you decided this beautiful woman is an armpit.

It's lipstick on a pig.. The lipstick attracts customers.

Man, can you imagine if people stereotyped Florida like some people stereotype New York?

Also the state tourism board of Alabama brought a piece of Alabama to New York a few months ago, and it went swimmingly.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Man, can you imagine if people stereotyped Florida like some people stereotype New York?

Also the state tourism board of Alabama brought a piece of Alabama to New York a few months ago, and it went swimmingly.

Are you saying that Florida isn't already stereotyped?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Country roads, take me home

To the place I belong...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Mountain Momma

The loveliness of Paris seems somehow sadly gray
The glory that was Rome is of another day
I've been terribly alone and forgotten in Manhattan
I'm going home to my city by the Bay

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the south-land
I miss 'ole' 'bamy once again and I think it's a sin

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have no desire to ever visit New York.

I went as far north as DC once and said never again, Rude people, to many people, to many roads. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

NY is fun to visit. Too big and busy for me to ever to desire to live like many of the world's big cities.

To live or spend a extended amount of time in NYC, you must have thick skin to deal with the strong personalities.

A few months back while visiting family, a car was in the left lane on Flatbush going north tried to purposely cut me off to make a right hand turn onto Avenue H. Traffic was tight and he stuck a gun out the window, I still didn't let him over.

To out of towners that will scare them off, but I've seen it happen so much in the BX and Jersey that I'm not even surprised or scared anymore.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.