Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wow. Even London Don't Want The Jaguars

I still don't see how an NFL team in London would work. A few games a year there (between different teams) is fine. But a permanent team? No way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:O really....  Im missing a home game anyway because of London.
Are you really going to miss the beating the jags are going to take against the 9ers?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Are you really going to miss the beating the jags are going to take against the 9ers?
Honestly Yes lol

Quote:The Clear solution to this Mr. Goodell is to give the Jaguars two picks in a row in the first round.  A pick before the first pick, and then the first pick.  London will love to watch Clowney and Bridgewater.  Trust us!

That way when we play one game in London for the next few years, we won't be an embarrassment to the league.
That actually is possible if David Caldwell trades up, but who wants to give up a second round pick again?

Quote:I equate it to the EPL in the United States. The EPL gets solid ratings on NBC. I know alot of people that like to watch the EPL. If the EPL had one match a year in New York, DC, Miami or any dozens of other US cities, it would sell well. That doesn't mean that an EPL team would work if they were based here. And how would the EPL fans in England feel if the US took one of their teams. And even if it was an expansion team, it would be viewed as a gimmick. Which is how a London based NFL team would be viewed.

I think thats a decent comparison, but I disagree with the expansion bit for a few reasons, the main on being that the US has the provision for kids to play soccer, the same isnt really true in the UK. One of the things they could do which would really lay a great foundation to and build local support is help develop the grassroots of the game which would be veiwed very positivley in the UK. It also might just be enough so that when they did take the plunge there would be a few British players able to realistically play. That is one thing I think would make a big difference.

If it can be seen to be a genuinely British team, not a US transplant, it has a chance, however that takes time, patience and big long term investment and that wont happen.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Has Khan announced yet when Fulham is going to play 13 percent of its home games in Jacksonville?
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Actually the easy solution is move the Pro Bowl there.
First time I have heard or read this. Pretty good idea.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Only way it could work is if they had their own division over there, moving one team would be stupid. 

Is the Nfl the world cup? If the answer is in fact no. Then symbolizing no one cares.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

If the NFL wants to truly make money it would put the Super Bowl in London.  It will be the biggest world wide sporting event ever. They would still get all their TV and ad revenue plus all the exposure they could ask for in Europe.  

Gene's Myth

Let them have their Futbol, boiled meats, and crooked teeth.... We'll keep the Jaguars.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Is the Nfl the world cup? If the answer is in fact no. Then symbolizing no one cares.

Do rich people like making more money? The answer is in fact yes symbolizing that the people who are in charge care a lot.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

The players will never go once they find out spotted dick is on the menu.

Quote: 

they see failure in the Jaguars. They see an organization without a plan and they fear the Jaguars will be a flop.

If there´s one thing European fans don´t care about when it comes to supporting teams it´s W-L record. If we support a team, we support through it thick and thin. Sure there are bandwagon fans but the core fanbase will support an 0-16 team just as much as a 16-0 team. One fanbase, after their team was promoted to the EPL introduced a chant towards perceived bandwagon fans roughly entitled "Where was yous when we was crap?"

Quote:Actually the easy solution is move the Pro Bowl there.
A fake game where players don't even bother running after the fanbase was exposed to regular season NFL Football? I'm sure that's going to go over swimmingly.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2013, 02:30 PM by jagherd.)

So, he doesn't think London would want the Jaguars? No way! That can't be true!

I mean,, who wouldn't want a solid team like this, lol!!!

Disclaimer:: I am kidding, of course

London does not want any team - at least not permanently. We love the International Series games and the chance to see real football every year, a London franchise is a different proposition altogether.

We've got over 14,000 members signed up to pledge support to the team for the next four years - not at all bad considering the situation the team is in. Any attempt to spin this into a 'London Dosent Want The Jags' is just plain lazy reporting.

Relax guys, London wants the Jags and appreciates what you as giving up. I think most will look forward to seeing a top pick next year and watching the team develop over the next four years.

The hilarious irony in the video is that the Bucs fan is ragging on us, when his team is 0-4 and in the middle of a PR nightmare. I'd like to give him a swift kick in his crooked, yellow teeth.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

The fact that the guy is using Madden as a basis for his argument and Madden doesn't even have the Pro Bowl uniforms correct speaks volumes.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I can see a scenario where we play 4 games each season in London. We can play 4 games in a row then relocate to Jacksonville for the remaining games.

Regards................the Chiefjag