Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who would lead the Jags to the most wins?
Blaine Gabbert
Chad Henne
Ricky Stanzi
[Show Results]

Which Qb Do The Fans Want?

Quote:Then vote Blaine, to guarantee us Teddy.
What i did B)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Tebow!

Oh, hi Tim. It's been a while, glad to see you didn't take unemployment too hard.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Tim Tebow 47.9 completion %

Chad Henne 59.0 completion %

Blaine Gabbert 53.4 completion %

and Tebow adds a massive 28.3 yards per game on the ground. 

Please, enlighten me how your Savior is better than any of the garbage we have at QB right now? The only thing Tebow would do is stunt the growth of our young receivers because he can't keep the football off the turf. 
Glad you said enlighten me. Here goes.

1. You recall he threw for 50% in his first year. They actually let him throw. You can watch the videos but even the annoucers said he was making NFL throws. I can provide the links if need be.

2. Year 2 rolls around and somehow he gets demoted to "4th string" when the new coach came in. 

3. the 4-19 amazing broncos defense, goes 1-4 during a lockout season, so they bring in Tebow during the charger game in a normal offense and he looked pretty good and almost brought them back.

4. He is named starter, but before he starts they dump the only two receivers he worked with. And then for whatever reason switched to this run run, possible pass on 3rd down offense and wouldn't let him throw more then 10 passes a game. Lock out season remember and new head coach and offensive coordinator. 

5. So only passing that many times, heck ya it looks bad. Can't even get warmed up.

6. He goes on to win the division and thumps the #1 defense steelers in a playoff game, while setting passing records in the playoffs which no other HOF QB holds.

7. Also to note Elway was in stanford shopping Luck. But when Tebow went on this winning streak it took them out of the hunt for Luck. So he brings in PM.

8. Tebow gets traded away to the Jets, so thats 3 different coaches in 3 years. If you think that is a fair shake then your all liars.

7. He gets picked up by the Patriots to see if he can beat out Mallet for the backup spot. So that now makes 4 different coaches and offensives he has to learn and new receivers. 

8. If you even get looked at by the Patriots you still better then half the league imho.

Some quick Tebow vs. Vick stats from their respective 2011 regular seasons:

W/L - Tebow (7-4) vick (7-6)

Playoff wins - Tebow 1 Vick 0

Completion % - Tebow 46.5 % Vick 59.8%

Passing attempts: Tebow 271 Vick 423

% of total passes thrown that were directed towards a WR - Tebow 72% Vick 58%

I use this last stat because it is a very telling one when determining overall completion percentage. Most QB's pad their completions by throwing to their RB's and TE's - as longer throws result in lower odds of completion. Tebow, in 2011, only attempted 30 passes to his TE's and 45 to his RB's. Vick in contrast attempted 95 to the TE and 59 to the RB's. Tebow's completion percentage to those two positions was 57% to 62% for Vick. I will assert that had he had the talent at those key positions he would have had a much higher completion percentage than his paltry 46.5%. Tebow also rushed for 660 yards compared to Vick's 589 yards and the TD's were nearly identical - 18 for Tebow (12pass/6rush) to 19 for Vick (18pass/1rush) - except Tebow played in two less games. While this is just one sample year - it is the only one Tebow has been afford the chance to play. In closing, I believe that Tim Tebow's worth based on statistics alone is worth a shot. His worth based on talent and intangibles makes it a no-brainer decision for the Jags.

I will leave you with a few links to ponder!  http://intentionalgroundingblog.files.wo...raphic.png

Quote:Glad you said enlighten me. Here goes.

1. You recall he threw for 50% in his first year. They actually let him throw. You can watch the videos but even the annoucers said he was making NFL throws. I can provide the links if need be.

2. Year 2 rolls around and somehow he gets demoted to "4th string" when the new coach came in. 

3. the 4-19 amazing broncos defense, goes 1-4 during a lockout season, so they bring in Tebow during the charger game in a normal offense and he looked pretty good and almost brought them back.

4. He is named starter, but before he starts they dump the only two receivers he worked with. And then for whatever reason switched to this run run, possible pass on 3rd down offense and wouldn't let him throw more then 10 passes a game. Lock out season remember and new head coach and offensive coordinator. 

5. So only passing that many times, heck ya it looks bad. Can't even get warmed up.

6. He goes on to win the division and thumps the #1 defense steelers in a playoff game, while setting passing records in the playoffs which no other HOF QB holds.

7. Also to note Elway was in stanford shopping Luck. But when Tebow went on this winning streak it took them out of the hunt for Luck. So he brings in PM.

8. Tebow gets traded away to the Jets, so thats 3 different coaches in 3 years. If you think that is a fair shake then your all liars.

7. He gets picked up by the Patriots to see if he can beat out Mallet for the backup spot. So that now makes 4 different coaches and offensives he has to learn and new receivers. 

8. If you even get looked at by the Patriots you still better then half the league imho.

Some quick Tebow vs. Vick stats from their respective 2011 regular seasons:

W/L - Tebow (7-4) vick (7-6)

Playoff wins - Tebow 1 Vick 0

Completion % - Tebow 46.5 % Vick 59.8%

Passing attempts: Tebow 271 Vick 423

% of total passes thrown that were directed towards a WR - Tebow 72% Vick 58%

I use this last stat because it is a very telling one when determining overall completion percentage. Most QB's pad their completions by throwing to their RB's and TE's - as longer throws result in lower odds of completion. Tebow, in 2011, only attempted 30 passes to his TE's and 45 to his RB's. Vick in contrast attempted 95 to the TE and 59 to the RB's. Tebow's completion percentage to those two positions was 57% to 62% for Vick. I will assert that had he had the talent at those key positions he would have had a much higher completion percentage than his paltry 46.5%. Tebow also rushed for 660 yards compared to Vick's 589 yards and the TD's were nearly identical - 18 for Tebow (12pass/6rush) to 19 for Vick (18pass/1rush) - except Tebow played in two less games. While this is just one sample year - it is the only one Tebow has been afford the chance to play. In closing, I believe that Tim Tebow's worth based on statistics alone is worth a shot. His worth based on talent and intangibles makes it a no-brainer decision for the Jags.

I will leave you with a few links to ponder!  http://intentionalgroundingblog.files.wo...raphic.png

tl;dr, but Tebow sucks and will never be here, even if he's relea-...even now that he can't find work.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:tl;dr, but Tebow sucks and will never be here, even if he's relea-...even now that he can't find work.
Tebow sucks? but other then the media and passing% you have no actual facts he sucks!

1. Winning record in the Nfl and a playoff win in his rookie game of starts.

2. Highest Qbr in the last 5 minutes of a game, when they actually unleash him.

3. When time goes by and they look back on football history, they will ask how does a guy who did all this in his rookie starts never get to play again in the NFL, when others played for years and sucked!

Quote:Tebow sucks? but other then the media and passing% you have no actual facts he sucks!

3. When time goes by and they look back on football history, they will ask how does a guy who did all this in his rookie starts never get to play again in the NFL, when others played for years and sucked!

1. So great that the greatest coach of the era couldn't make use of him and cut Tebow to the wailing and butthurt (and White House petitions!) of his sycophantic myrmidons.

2. So he can throw the ball against some of the worst prevent defenses in the league. Wow. Hey, how did he do against the Bills, Pats and Chiefs when they need a win to clinch the division and the defense didn't hold the opponent to under 15 points? Yeah, exactly. 1-4 against good teams when it counted. But "all he does is win" except when the defense doesn't play unusually well by NFL standards.

3. They'll still have video of this era and it will take all of 3 seconds to see why no one wanted him. He sucks and can't play QB at the NFL level.

You say tebow I say Bozo. Tebow fans are like the freaks that come beat on your door early Saturday mornings trying to shove their agendas and beliefs down your throat and when you tell them you are not interested they leave their litter all over your front porch.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I want Stanzi, after the bye week, for the rest of the season.

You fail to understand, people. Tebow had an airplane, AN AIRPLANE, flyover the stadium twice extolling his beneficence. (Or was it trying to exploit a team in desperation by pitching a bill of goods?) Anyway, as I was saying, there was an airplane and about two dozen people promoting his greatness. Is this not proof enough?!

Quote:If I could chose manning over tebow that's a no brainer...for anyone or team but cmon are u really OK with Gabby??? U don't pay for season tickets or spend an extra $100-200 a game to go watch that crap....this is why u don't mind watching this garbage

I'm not okay with Gabbert. Did you not read where I wrote that I don't want to argue over three crappy QB's? (Blaine, Henne, Tebow). Our QB is in the 2014 draft. Help is not on the way this year.

Quote:Tebow sucks? but other then the media and passing% you have no actual facts he sucks!

Yes, Tebow sucks. That is why he was released/traded 3 times. And that is why he is currently unemployed. Lol, they will not be asking #3. No one will care by that time.

Quote:You fail to understand, people. Tebow had an airplane, AN AIRPLANE, flyover the stadium twice extolling his beneficence. (Or was it trying to exploit a team in desperation by pitching a bill of goods?) Anyway, as I was saying, there was an airplane and about two dozen people promoting his greatness. Is this not proof enough?!

Don't forget the PETITION!!!!!!!!

Blaine, so we can get the highest pick possible. 

Quote:You fail to understand, people. Tebow had an airplane, AN AIRPLANE, flyover the stadium twice extolling his beneficence. (Or was it trying to exploit a team in desperation by pitching a bill of goods?) Anyway, as I was saying, there was an airplane and about two dozen people promoting his greatness. Is this not proof enough?!
It's like $600 bucks for a personal message to be towed. That gets you like five passes over your chosen area. You kind folks send me the money and I will orchestrate the message.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Just stay the course with Gabbert and he'll lead us to a #1 pick.

I think at the very least Stanzi can manage a game which is more than we can say fot Gahenne

Quote:Just stay the course with Gabbert and he'll lead us to a #1 pick.

You've finally come come around, I agree with you.

Quote:You've finally come come around, I agree with you.
What are you talking about? I've always said start Gabbert and either he develops or the team gets a good draft pick.

I've seen him play, and he sucks.  He's one of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen in the NFL.  He can't hit the broad side of a barn with his passes.  That's why nobody wants him.   Get it?   HE'S UNEMPLOYED.  NO ONE WANTS HIM. 

It would be a miracle if they put Stanzi in...  All of our coaches are delusional... They think they can win with a loser type QB.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana