Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pa. School Board Says Transgender Student Can’T Run For Homecoming King

Quote:Can't go there on this board, wouldn't mind have a conversation about it but not here. Again it factors into the whole narrative of people being born TG vs it being an effect of influenced behavior.

We will just have to agree to completely disagree on this subject....
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Can't go there on this board, wouldn't mind have a conversation about it but not here. Again it factors into the whole narrative of people being born TG vs it being an effect of influenced behavior.
Who cares.  it's their life, let them live it as they please as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Oh man why did I click on this thread.

Yuck.
Its the QB stupid!

Quote:Who cares.  it's their life, let them live it as they please as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

^^this^^

I'm not advocating "forcing" anyone to make any changes or choices. I'm stating I disagree with the whole everything is a lifestyle mantra, everyone is born the way they are, and everything is normal.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Define "Normal"

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Quote:I'm not advocating "forcing" anyone to make any changes or choices. I'm stating I disagree with the whole everything is a lifestyle mantra, everyone is born the way they are, and everything is normal.

Just institutionalized until they agree with your idea of "normal"... :whistling:

Quote:Define "Normal"

Me.  Now all of you, shadap!

Quote:Just institutionalized until they agree with your idea of "normal"... :whistling:

Who said institutionalize them, I never even suggested it. I said if you want to help them help them understand why they're confused about their natural functioning bodies.

simplifying an argument to discredit it is as bad as misrepresenting it, you're better then that.

Quote:Who cares.  it's their life, let them live it as they please as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Stand for nothing fall for anything....not directed at you more this system of belief that is growing in popularity.

I have a belief system I'm not afraid to make it known, most of the time it's not politically correct, I'm fine with that.

Quote:Stand for nothing fall for anything....not directed at you more this system of belief that is growing in popularity.

I have a belief system I'm not afraid to make it known, most of the time it's not politically correct, I'm fine with that.

People used to believe the world was flat and that people of color were inferior to white people....doesn't mean they were right.

Believing that transgendered people aren't mentally ill is not me being "politically correct"... It has nothing to do with being PC. I'm not trying to tip toe around and not hurt anyone's feelings with what I believe.

I also have a belief system that I'm not afraid to make known...mine just happens to be based on science.

I agree ... Can't go there ... Want to know something funny? It is almost like being born American. Let's tell everyone else how accepting we are, and explain to them how they are the one's screwed up. That's why we do it like we do it, we are right.

Quote:Stand for nothing fall for anything....not directed at you more this system of belief that is growing in popularity.

One of the most moral, honest and genuinely warm persons I ever knew was a flamboyant gay man who lived in the heart of the Tenderloin district of San Francisco.  I was a young ignorant Kentucky hick when I first met him (no, nothing sexual).  He forced me to reexamine my values and I realized that true decency is wrapped in many different packages.  I bet Alan and most TD folks would agree with your sense of integrity and virtue.  Your belief system gives you no stronger of an ethical foundation than theirs.

Quote:People used to believe the world was flat and that people of color were inferior to white people....doesn't mean they were right.

Believing that transgendered people aren't mentally ill is not me being "politically correct"... It has nothing to do with being PC. I'm not trying to tip toe around and not hurt anyone's feelings with what I believe.

I also have a belief system that I'm not afraid to make known...mine just happens to be based on science.

All hail Bill Nye.

ALL HAIL!

Quote:People used to believe the world was flat and that people of color were inferior to white people....doesn't mean they were right.

The world being round and racial equality has nothing to do with the argument, whats the point of bringing it up?

as for being based in science I'd like to see the biological evidence that gender identity is not in the mind or some sort of chemical imbalance?

Quote:One of the most moral, honest and genuinely warm persons I ever knew was a flamboyant gay man who lived in the heart of the Tenderloin district of San Francisco.  I was a young ignorant Kentucky hick when I first met him (no, nothing sexual).  He forced me to reexamine my values and I realized that true decency is wrapped in many different packages.  I bet Alan and most TD folks would agree with your sense of integrity and virtue.  Your belief system gives you no stronger of an ethical foundation than theirs.

I didn't say my belief system gave me a stronger foothold then anyone else, I'm saying the COC doesn't allow us to get into this conversation in full detail. I can't properly make my case here without violating the COC.

I agree honest and genuine people come in all kinds of packages, never suggested otherwise. Being sick doesn't make you evil.

Quote:The world being round and racial equality has nothing to do with the argument, whats the point of bringing it up?

as for being based in science I'd like to see the biological evidence that gender identity is not in the mind or some sort of chemical imbalance?

I didn't say my belief system gave me a stronger foothold then anyone else, I'm saying the COC doesn't allow us to get into this conversation in full detail. I can't properly make my case here without violating the COC.

I agree honest and genuine people come in all kinds of packages, never suggested otherwise. Being sick doesn't make you evil.

I brought it up because that's what people used to believe...but now know better.

Quote:If any of them did I'd help them through the therapy of their mental illness. Gender identity is a real problem and instead of addressing the mental issue we put a cute bow on it and package it as a lifestyle choice.

Most of them time it's a symptom of abuse at a younger age, but that wouldn't be PC to bring that up, sweep it under the rug America, it's what we do.
You're a psychologist now, or do you play one on tv?

I'd love to see your list of issues that are really "mental illness". That can cover practically everything.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:You're a psychologist now, or do you play one on tv?

I'd love to see your list of issues that are really "mental illness". That can cover practically everything.

Where did I ever claim to be a professional or psychologist? I'm presenting an opposing point of view, do you have something to contribute to the conversation?

didn't think so

Quote:Where did I ever claim to be a professional or psychologist? I'm presenting an opposing point of view, do you have something to contribute to the conversation?

didn't think so

You keep claiming that TG people are mentally ill...even after the medical world has declared it not to be an illness. If you're not a professional or a psychologist, what is the basis of your assertion?

And please don't bring up violation of the COC keeping you from responding, because I'm pretty sure that the book you get your belief system from doesn't call it a "mental illness" either.

Quote:Where did I ever claim to be a professional or psychologist? I'm presenting an opposing point of view, do you have something to contribute to the conversation?

didn't think so
An opposing point of view that's been wholly discredited by scientific studies. Your point of view is no different from claiming the Earth is flat.