Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I have an opinion that is NOT going to be popular. AT ALL

Quote:Apparently....we have the 12tg ranked defense.

And now that Hackett is calling better plays....

I believe we are very close to where we thought we were at the beginning of the season...

On the cusp of winning a LOT of games.

( Bortles is the key to this. He improves his play= we win games)

I also believe if we do " turn the corner" and start winning...

Bradley will be our coach next year.

And we will do next year what we should have done this year...

Be in contention for tge division title.

Comments? Objectively PLEASE?
I understand where you're coming from and maybe you're right. But it's real hard for me as a fan to commit to season tickets if Gus is back. I think we're close too, but we were close this year also and I now need to SEE it before I believe it....

I hope I see it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I believe we are very close to where we thought we were at the beginning of the season...

I agree that the Jaguars have been more competitive of late and had a realistic opponent to win some of their recent games,  including the recent Jaguars-Lions game.  

Having said that,  the state that Blake Bortles is currently in,  whether he has an injury or not,  very likely won't improve enough the remainder of the season for the Jaguars to win on a consistent basis.   How much of Bortles struggles is coaching is another question but the bottom line is he seemed like the # 1 Jaguars reason why his team lost to the Lions.

In the game,  what also jumped out that hurt the Jaguars were the concentration penalties they committed and the Punt Return for a TD by Andre Roberts at a time when the Lions Offense was struggling mightily.    The Jaguars have had many key mistakes on Special Teams this season,  which along with the team's concentration/ focus penalties,  and Bortles' struggles are costing the team a better chance at winning games.   In essence,  QB play and coaching are factoring in heavily in the Jaguars 2-8 season.    

Even if the team cleans up the concentration penalty situation and the Jags Special Teams all of a sudden become an asset,   the previous results from the season and the team's QB situation will very likely combine to lead to Gus Bradley being replaced as the team's HC.   

people like you would be sitting here expecting it to happen next season or next game in 2030.. that's my comment

just STOP

bradley is a TERRIBLE coach, TERRIBLE game planner, TERRIBLE at personnel... he's just damn lucky we have most incompetent owner in all of sports

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 01:29 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

At this point gus would have to run the table.  To keep his job if loses just one left.  He is done.  And that is a tough task with last three all division games. And the Bills be close.  Broncos and Vikings?   

If we go 8-8 He may keep his job.  

But at 2-8 it will take a miracle to run the table. 

However if did could sneak into the playoffs.  If won AFC South.  

Which for some odd chance is still up for grabs. 

Which if we some how pulled a bad news bears and won the division even at 7-9 gus would keep his job most likely. 

But once Afc South is virtually unattainable Gus is done. If not 8-8 or 7-9 (if khan is generous) 

That is why I believe Gus has not been fired. Because no one is blowing away the others and we can still be the Afc South Champions (which hell have to freeze over to win) 

The only other way be most of the afc would have to flip flop to get into a wild card.   But for conversation only. If the clots go on huge winning streak and many other teams flip flop.  And we go starts winning like crazy.  Come last game the clots give us the game and we sneak in. 

Like the Jets did with the clots back in sanchez days. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 01:40 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:I also believe if we do " turn the corner" and start winning...

When we thought we were turning the corner this year with wins over Indy and Chicago, we turned around and were outscored 57-6 in the 1st half of the next 3 games.

I bet if we go back and look at Gus' 14 wins, approximately half of them would be against backup QBs.  Heck, KC's QB, RB, and WR were out and their TE was ejected in the 1st half and we still lost.  That's not turning the corner.

Quote:When we thought we were turning the corner this year with wins over Indy and Chicago, we turned around and were outscored 57-6 in the 1st half of the next 3 games.

I bet if we go back and look at Gus' 14 wins, approximately half of them would be against backup QBs.  Heck, KC's QB, RB, and WR were out and their #2 WR was ejected in the 1st half and we still lost.  That's not turning the corner.
Agreed.  There was no reason we shouldn't of beat the lions and chiefs easily based on the talent here.  However a young team that was not winning so gave up didn't help. 

#Gojags

Quote:When we thought we were turning the corner this year with wins over Indy and Chicago, we turned around and were outscored 57-6 in the 1st half of the next 3 games.

I bet if we go back and look at Gus' 14 wins, approximately half of them would be against backup QBs.  Heck, KC's QB, RB, and WR were out and their TE was ejected in the 1st half and we still lost.  That's not turning the corner.

I think that the tipping point was a combination of the horrible loss at home to the Raiders (the game wasn't as close as the final score) and the total meltdown in the first half of the Titans game.  I kind of think that at that point the "writing was on the wall" regarding the remainder of the season.

In some ways this team reminds me of the 2013 Texans.  Prior to that season the Texans were favored to make it to The Super Bowl and ended up finishing 2-14.  Prior to this season many predicted that the Jaguars would win the AFCS and were contenders for The Super Bowl.  Could some of that pre-season hype have gotten into the heads of a young team?  Possibly.  Quite frankly, I don't know if we will win another game this season.  Every opponent left on the schedule is playing for a playoff spot.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It amazes me how much 'original thought' floods this board after hearing it on 1010XL.....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:View from inside Everbank if GB remains HC.

[Image: img_0968.jpg]

I don't know, I don't think the tumbleweed would even be caught dead there.

Quote:It amazes me how much 'original thought' floods this board after hearing it on 1010XL.....
1010xl has been biased against Jags forever.  

#Gojags

Quote:How dare you have a contrary opinion to majority of the jungle?!?!?111

I'll bring the pitchforks whose got the torches?

[Image: 2068_3_1322656000.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

OP, that sounds like a dream that Gus Bradley has regularly... not reality though

Quote:How dare you have a contrary opinion to majority of the jungle?!?!?111

I'll bring the pitchforks whose got the torches?
Lol....idk man... but I ignored my intuition for the first 37 year's of my life and failed miserably.

The last 10 years I've followed my intuition and success is common.

So is an intuitive thing.

Quote:How much $$ have you spent on Season Tickets over the past 4 years?
I've spent $1200 on direct TV.

And I've gone to 2 ganes.

And I've been mad as hell very very often.

Most of my Monday mornings during the season have sucked

P.s. I just want to thank all of you who commented thus far...

We've made this a good clear sounding board and there has been no personal attacks....

Thank you

Gus' noose is prepared.

He has won like 24 percent of his games and that percentage will probably go down a point after he finds a way to lose the rest of our games. No way we keep him as head coach. I think Caldwell might have to go as well. If his first choice of franchise QB was Bortles I don't know what his second choice will look like. 

Our defense can't be that good. That would mean Bortles would be winning since he only sucks because of our bad defense.

Speaking of that, where's spacecoastjag? Haven't seen him around lately.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 04:42 PM by jaglyn.)

Blow the whole organization up!

Khan should be good at doing that

Quote:I've spent $1200 on direct TV.
And I've gone to 2 ganes.

And I've been mad as hell very very often.

Most of my Monday mornings during the season have sucked

That's like me subscribing to HBO and complaining about a movie that I didn't like.

Averaging attending 0.5 games per year?   How many preseason games have you wasted your money on assuming the regular season product that you'd be getting would offset the $$ you wasted on preseason garbage?

To say you're as mad as hell but want to keep Gus is moronic.