Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Confused on something about Gus Bradley

Quote:And I do agree first round other then Ramsey which was a gift.  However.  Those other two picks were based off of needs rather then BAP.  Which Dave stated was like how he wanted to draft.   But had no qb and had no pass rush.  

While I stated could be Harvey 2.0 which tons disagreed and said I was a moron etc.  And personally I wanted Teddy or Marriotta. and hardly anyone knew who blake was. 

Yes we know what happened to teddy and still rather of had Marriotta.  Had the other Car not played for tin horns maybe he could of been a Jag. And yes I also was in favor for geno.  Which I admit I was wrong.  But not like I was the only one. 

If it turned out that Dave Caldwell noticeably reached for players,   which I have no idea if that was the case,   IMO that would have been a huge mistake on his part.   Which is compounded much more in Round 1.    Just using the 2014 and 2015 drafts,  the only way taking Blake Bortles over Khalil Mack can be justified is if the two grades were in the same range/ cluster.  

Because of the knee injury that Dante Fowler Jr.  suffered,   we may never know what his true potential would have been if he turns out to be a long term disappointment.   Yet,  I think it's fair to ask the question that we probably will never know the answer to,  what was Fowler's draft grade on the Jaguars Draft Board compared to Leonard Williams and other potential options with pick # 3?   Also,  what were the trade options with that draft resource?

Teddy Bridgewater was probably not worth pick # 3 but I think prior to his knee injury he warranted a 1st Round pick later in the round.    I think the Vikings got good value by trading up to the end of Round 1 to draft him.   

Johnny Manziel was a very high risk player on and off the field.    It's not surprising he was a mega draft bust.

There's no question that David Carr's NFL career influenced Derek Carr falling in the draft.    This not only might have adversely impacted the Jaguars.   But the same can be said for a number of other teams,  including the Texans.   In watching Derek Carr the other night,  in some respects he reminded me of Matthew Stafford.   I was on the fence with Derek Carr before this season.  No longer. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I knew Gus wasn't the guy after year 2.

Behaving like a child after winning told me that he and his team didn't expect to win any games. They were SHOCKED to win any games and that was in year 2.

The loser mentality is unlike any I had ever seen and I knew then that he was not our guy. Bad hire.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 02:25 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:   If it turned out that Dave Caldwell noticeably reached for players,   which I have no idea if that was the case,   IMO that would have been a huge mistake on his part.   Which is compounded much more in Round 1.    Just using the 2014 and 2015 drafts,  the only way taking Blake Bortles over Khalil Mack can be justified is if the two grades were in the same range/ cluster.  

Because of the knee injury that Dante Fowler Jr.  suffered,   we may never know what his true potential would have been if he turns out to be a long term disappointment.   Yet,  I think it's fair to ask the question that we probably will never know the answer to,  what was Fowler's draft grade on the Jaguars Draft Board compared to Leonard Williams and other potential options with pick # 3?   Also,  what were the trade options with that draft resource?

Teddy Bridgewater was probably not worth pick # 3 but I think prior to his knee injury he warranted a 1st Round pick later in the round.    I think the Vikings got good value by trading up to the end of Round 1 to draft him.   

Johnny Manziel was a very high risk player on and off the field.    It's not surprising he was a mega draft bust.

There's no question that David Carr's NFL career influenced Derek Carr falling in the draft.    This not only might have adversely impacted the Jaguars.   But the same can be said for a number of other teams,  including the Texans.   In watching Derek Carr the other night,  in some respects he reminded me of Matthew Stafford.   I was on the fence with Derek Carr before this season.  No longer. 
Teddy though would of been a huge reach was a need at that time.  I am a strong believer if you need a qb.  You take one that you feel will work in the system regardless.  Providing is not a example 3rd rounder in the first round.  Agree on Johnny.  (however at that time he fooled many including me)   And Carr was wrong on.  While I have not lost faith in Blake.  Without true competition he will never get better nor improve.  

Too many coordinators and no competition.  To see what he is doing wrong.  He would of been perfect for a team that had a real qb for him to groom.  Or learn from.  Those saying Chad has no influence.  While that is debatable.  2 qbs same result.  How long does just a coincidence excuse last? 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:He went from "Do your job" to "Getting better everyday". He fooled everyone including Caldwell and Khan.

Gus might have had no head coaching experience before he got here, but even though he preaches "getting better everyday" he has definitely NOT gotten better everyday himself.

At least I haven't seen it yet.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Teddy though would of been a huge reach was a need at that time.  I am a strong believer if you need a qb.  You take one that you feel will work in the system regardless.  Providing is not a example 3rd rounder in the first round.  Agree on Johnny.  (however at that time he fooled many including me)   And Carr was wrong on.  While I have not lost faith in Blake.  Without true competition he will never get better nor improve.  

Too many coordinators and no competition.  To see what he is doing wrong.  He would of been perfect for a team that had a real qb for him to groom.  Or learn from.  Those saying Chad has no influence.  While that is debatable.  2 qbs same result.  How long does just a coincidence excuse last? 

It would be interesting to see what the Jaguars 2014 Draft Board looked like.  Would be Jaguars been better off making a similar trade with the Bills that the Browns made with pick # 4 instead of using pick # 3 on Blake Bortles?   With the intentions of taking Teddy Bridgewater with pick # 9 or trading down from that spot?    Was Bridgewater's knee injury a freak occurrence or was inevitable?   Difficult questions to answer.   This in addition to the decision to pass on Khalil Mack,  which many Jaguars fans understandably disagreed with. 

Like I expressed in another thread,  my gut feeling is that Chad Henne isn't holding Blake Bortles back.   It seems noticeably more likely that the issues are both coaching related ( starting at the top ) and Bortles himself not doing enough to maximize his potential.    This beyond Bortles more likely than not dealing with a significant injury that's adversely affected his mechanics.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!