Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Breaking Bad

The one thing I had to look forward to on Sundays this season is coming to an end Sad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The one thing I had to look forward to on Sundays this season is coming to an end Sad
dont worry man, saul goodmans gonna get a spinoff. unless you hate saul then nvm lol

Uggh, it's a commercial-fest.

All loose ends tied up. Did anyone else note the irony of Jesse killing Todd by strangulation like Walt made the kill in the basement of Jessie's house?

I just started season one on netflix tonight watched 8 episodes, man this shows great!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Well, I fully enjoyed the ending. Great ending to one of the greatest shows I've ever watched.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Meh I thought the ending was sloppy, they should have just gave it 2 hours to make it good, instead of the extra 8-9 minutes they gave it. 

Quote:Meh I thought the ending was sloppy, they should have just gave it 2 hours to make it good, instead of the extra 8-9 minutes they gave it.

The extended time of the last two episodes was strictly to air more commercials. I haven't timed it but I would be willing to bet that the actual show time would fit comfortably in a 60 minute slot with standard commercial time.

Quote:Meh I thought the ending was sloppy, they should have just gave it 2 hours to make it good, instead of the extra 8-9 minutes they gave it.

Kinda thought the same. I knew it would be since they didnt have much time and a ton of loose ends.

Should have made it a 2 part finale. Still the best show I've ever seen.

Quote:I just started season one on netflix tonight watched 8 episodes, man this shows great!
Enjoy! 

As for the ending, I loved it. I'm going to miss this series. 

Really? I thought the ending was perfect. Every loose end was tied up. Jesse got the ultimate revenge on Todd. Walt used his talent for technology and the ricin to remove all threats to Skylar. Skylar finally got Walt to assume responsibility for his actions, and he wasn't allowed to walk off into the sunset and die a peaceful death. There would be closure for Marie concerning Hank. I especially appreciated that they didn't concoct some trite reconciliation between Walt and Walt, Jr.

This entire last season was meant to wrap everything up. The events of last night's episode had to happen quickly. The law was closing in. Once he had his plan worked out, Walt had to move fast.

Could the show's creators have found a more perfect song to play as they showed Walt's dead body to close out the show than Badfinger's Baby Blue? It could have been written for the show, it fit so well. Damned if it didn't bring a tear to my eye, even though it marked the death of an essentially evil drug lord.

Again, it was the perfect ending to the best TV series ever, IMHO.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

The music for this show is so underrated. They did an amazing job.

Quote:Really? I thought the ending was perfect. Every loose end was tied up. Jesse got the ultimate revenge on Todd. Walt used his talent for technology and the ricin to remove all threats to Skylar. Skylar finally got Walt to assume responsibility for his actions, and he wasn't allowed to walk off into the sunset and die a peaceful death. There would be closure for Marie concerning Hank. I especially appreciated that they didn't concoct some trite reconciliation between Walt and Walt, Jr.

This entire last season was meant to wrap everything up. The events of last night's episode had to happen quickly. The law was closing in. Once he had his plan worked out, Walt had to move fast.

Could the show's creators have found a more perfect song to play as they showed Walt's dead body to close out the show than Badfinger's Baby Blue? It could have been written for the show, it fit so well. Damned if it didn't bring a tear to my eye, even though it marked the death of an essentially evil drug lord.

The bolded was my favorite part. 

Quote:The music for this show is so underrated. They did an amazing job.

I especially liked the time-lapse sequence with the Spanish rap when Mike and Jessie were driving around picking up money. Very clever.

the ending seemed to easy. i expected more fireworks. but at least we got closure.  

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM by rollerjag.)

rollerjag, on 30 Sept 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:[Image: snapback.png]

Quote:I especially appreciated that they didn't concoct some trite reconciliation between Walt and Walt, Jr.
Quote:The bolded was my favorite part. 

It was sad, wasn't it? Walt realizing how bad he screwed that up and there was no atonement for him, and Walt, Jr. will be set for life, but will never know it came from the man whom he will hate and of whom he will be ashamed the rest of his life.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Really? I thought the ending was perfect. Every loose end was tied up. Jesse got the ultimate revenge on Todd. Walt used his talent for technology and the ricin to remove all threats to Skylar. Skylar finally got Walt to assume responsibility for his actions, and he wasn't allowed to walk off into the sunset and die a peaceful death. There would be closure for Marie concerning Hank. I especially appreciated that they didn't concoct some trite reconciliation between Walt and Walt, Jr.

My problem isn't about the events of them closing it, but how they closed it.  The episode felt rushed to fit into the 54-55 minute format, and the time constraint made some things seem more goofy than they would have if they had 2 hours or even 90 minutes to close it out. 

"Todd go get Jesse to prove that I'm not a liar to this guy that I'm going to kill"...ok uncle derp 

"Todd is that you?"  No it's me Walt btw I put ricin in your Stevia..."oh you did?  K bye." 

"Hey guys hop in the car...btw I need the laser pointers back for some reason, oh look it's badger and skinny pete"

I think it would have all been worked out better with more time, the shields finale felt urgent through its story telling, this felt rushed through it's time constraint.  

Totally agree. I am man enough to admit that I cried.  I related alot to Walt and that song was just perfect.

Quote:My problem isn't about the events of them closing it, but how they closed it.  The episode felt rushed to fit into the 54-55 minute format, and the time constraint made some things seem more goofy than they would have if they had 2 hours or even 90 minutes to close it out. 

"Todd go get Jesse to prove that I'm not a liar to this guy that I'm going to kill"...ok uncle derp 

"Todd is that you?"  No it's me Walt btw I put ricin in your Stevia..."oh you did?  K bye." 

"Hey guys hop in the car...btw I need the laser pointers back for some reason, oh look it's badger and skinny pete"

I think it would have all been worked out better with more time, the shields finale felt urgent through its story telling, this felt rushed through it's time constraint.  

This was one of the few things I didnt like about the end.  Everyone know he Ricined her there was no need for that phone call.  Just kinda meh.

What other loose ends did you want tied up?

My one real complainant was the last scene with Skylar.  The fact that she ended on some high horse really bothers me.  While Walt obviously got wrapped up in it, his initial intentions were good.  His pride and ego just got in the way.  I would have liked to see more remorse out of Skylar there, although I guess it just proves my feelings even more that she is a selfish ....

Manziel 2014!

Just finished.  As close to flawless as possible.  Season 3 was probably the greatest season of any show that ever eisted.  Perfect characters.  At least 3 great shots in every single episode.  The last one was when SKylar was talkingg to her sister, and all of a sudden they pan back to reveal walt standing behind a pillar in the house.  Then when he tried to get close to her, the exact same pillar was stopping him from getting closer.  THe scene where Jesse was making the box was so good.  The sound track to the last season was perfect.  They all looked so bad in the last episode.  .  I'll never forget Walt watching Jesse's girlfriend choke to death.  Then one season later, he runs over the gangsters, and caps one in the head.  That was my favorite episode.  

I love how they didn't drag it out for worthless seasons.  i.e. Sopranos comma season, or when they had the gangster living the alternate lifestyle.  THat show wrapped up horribly.  BB on the other hand was a perfect wrap up.  

The show was absolutly flawless.

s
;

;

Quote:My problem isn't about the events of them closing it, but how they closed it.  The episode felt rushed to fit into the 54-55 minute format, and the time constraint made some things seem more goofy than they would have if they had 2 hours or even 90 minutes to close it out. 

Umm... he was dying.  It's not like he had all the time in the world.

When he saw the Gray Matter interview, he knew what he had to do... and he went out and did it.

There was no time to loaf when he left the cabin.  Like the man said, you leave and you will be caught.

This was a masterstroke from Gilligan.

I loved how they worked in his leaving the watch.  What was a simple continuity problem turned into a nice little moment.

Marty Robbins reference... check.

Vince is a very detailed man.  He'd thought of everything, and wrote and directed the final episode the way it needed to be done.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."