Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Youch! NFL.com harsh words for the jaguars

Quote:Bortles doesn't go from playing great one season to playing terrible the next without some reason. You can have a fluke game, you can't have a fluke season.

Bortles has arm issues and this dim-witted coach won't address it. Blake's arm is dead, he has shoulder problems, and that leads to confidence problems. He should be on the bench healing, but Gus is determined to get wins to save his job he's sacrificing Bortles in the process.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag
Tell nick foles you cant have a fluke season

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You know who else was kind of bad? Alex Smith.

Get the right coach and this team can make a turn around with Bortles.

Nah, Alex smith never had a jacked up looking throwing motion

Blakes arm isnt dead he just isnt a good quarterback.

Quote:Bortles doesn't go from playing great one season to playing terrible the next without some reason. You can have a fluke game, you can't have a fluke season.

Bortles has arm issues and this dim-witted coach won't address it. Blake's arm is dead, he has shoulder problems, and that leads to confidence problems. He should be on the bench healing, but Gus is determined to get wins to save his job he's sacrificing Bortles in the process.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag
Was Bortles actually great last season? I remember his stupid INT's and careless decisions, but the only difference is the opposing defenses didn't play deep coverage. They never respected ARob or Hurns' explosiveness, and all he had to do was chuck it up and watch. This year he's having to read confusing defenses, and they're not blitzing him as much. They're dropping more in coverage and trying to pick him off every play, they don't respect our ground game and usually we fumble it when it's working.

I don't think we should settle for this big ? of a player. We need to go out in FA and grab another QB, cause I don't think anyone wants to watch him struggle like this in 2017.

Quote:Blakes arm isnt dead he just isnt a good quarterback.
If Blake's arm is dead it's been dead since training camp. 

He was making the exact same throws he's making now early in the preseason games. 

I was just about to say this.

It's easy to write negative stuff about the Jaguars... It would surprise me if they could come up with something positive to say.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:It's easy to write negative stuff about the Jaguars... It would surprise me if they could come up with something positive to say.
Everything except HC, Blake, and pass rush has been fine this year. Even the oline has been average, and maybe even above average with good QB play. There are plenty of positives. 

[quote name="the Chiefjag" post="897705" timestamp="1479770701

Regards.......................the Chiefjag[/quote]

This makes sense to me too. Something is definitely wrong with Blake this year.

This team has been deprived of good coaching for so long that a lot of you don't know what a good coach can actually do.

Jags get a good HC and good coordinators and you will see a remarkably different team. All the "close games" turn into wins. Good coaching and game planning could have easily won 4 more games this year. It's not just the in game calls but the practices, game planning, motivating and depth chart things that can take this team to a higher level.

This season is over and it sucks. Sucks big time because this is the most disappointing season I can remember in a long time. 6 games left of the worst Jags season in franchise history.

He needs to be screamed at with bad breath, while Gus throws SPR1NKLES at his eyes.

Weren't the Patriots high on Bortles when he came out of the draft? If that were true I'm sure McDaniels would take a shot, especially if he takes one look at this joke of a coach coaching him right now. Also, its Bortles make or break year next year with the new coach. If he turns it around then good, but if not the new coach gets a fresh start the year after with a new guy.

Quote:Everything except HC, Blake, and pass rush has been fine this year. Even the oline has been average, and maybe even above average with good QB play. There are plenty of positives.

The RBs say hello

I wish I had a gif of BBint throwing that sideways duck.  That was the most epic duck I've ever seen.  I don't think anyone in the NFL has ever thrown a ball like that without being tipped before.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I'm tired of hearing this crap about bortles

Maybe he does suck, but fact of the matter is that any player on this team that has spent any decent amount of time around gus bradley has gone to trash

we have former pro bowlers on this team, and they all look to have seriously fallen apart

I don't think our own fans understand just how TERRIBLE gus bradley is

Blake looks like he wants to scratch his back with the football right before every pass

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2016, 02:22 AM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote:Was Bortles actually great last season? I remember his stupid INT's and careless decisions, but the only difference is the opposing defenses didn't play deep coverage. They never respected ARob or Hurns' explosiveness, and all he had to do was chuck it up and watch. This year he's having to read confusing defenses, and they're not blitzing him as much. They're dropping more in coverage and trying to pick him off every play, they don't respect our ground game and usually we fumble it when it's working.

I'm not sure where this is coming from, but that isn't what I saw last year. We didn't have a running game. Yeldon did alright but only because our run game complimented our pass game.

As hard as it is to believe, Bortles had one of the best seasons for a QB (ever) in regards to deep plays. You don't just fall into that as a young QB with no film.

What I see differently, Bortles has lost his cool. He isn't calm and seems to be effected by his mistakes--causing more of them. ARob isn't trying as hard. He's still a great player, but Bortles needs him to help bail him out especially as he struggles. Hurns is trying hard but dropping passes. The offense, up until two weeks ago, was completely different. There were too many short passes and forced runs. Bortles was told to stay in the pocket, no rollouts. Last year, we just kept doing what we did best... throwing deep. Bortles's mechanics have diminished.

I don't think last year was a fluke, but it will be in Bortles doesn't shake it off. With our coaches, I'm not sure he'll get much better.

Quote:The RBs say hello
Yeldon and Ivory would be a perfectly fine tandem if Blake was playing well. 

Yeah, but smith can and could always throw very well. He has probably the best throwing motion in the league, it's practically textbook.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

I've never thought Bortles was good. Last year he sucked too. His deep passes were never out in front of a receiver. They were always 50-50 balls and his receivers (arob) bailed him out. I don't think they were designed that way either. I think he just under threw most of his deep passes.

Blake fumbled like crazy and had stupid penalties last year. He was also playing from behind last year so some of his stats came from soft defense.

Bortles isn't the answer.