Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Genuine question regarding Blake Bortles.

I believe Blake will go for surgery and they will have to bring in another qb.  For insurance reasons.   It will go like.  This mysterious injury happened out of the blue to a part on his hand or shoulder.  It is a another Freddie T situation. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

i cant wait for that excuse, "he played badly all season cause he was playing hurt"

that will be the new thing to say to build hype for next season

Well if he's hurt, no friggin' wonder.  Look at that delivery, it has to take a toll on your arm.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 11:19 AM by Atreas.)

I say play Allen, it wont hurt and give Allen some experience, and see what he's got.  BB5 needs to be accountable for his poor play. And benching him now would not allow him to further his bad habits. Nothing,  the coaching staff or BB5 is working. Now is the time to replace players and see what the team has, in the backup and practice squad, maybe we find some good players. It sure wont hurt us anymore. We are looking at a maybe 3-13 season. So why not. :thanks:

Quote:Bortles will start in 2017 and tank us to Lamar Jackson, the most dynamic QB prospect of the generation.
He look so good against Houston

Quote:i cant wait for that excuse, "he played badly all season cause he was playing hurt"

that will be the new thing to say to build hype for next season

At this point I hope he is hurt. At least there can be a glimmer of hope he'll return to better form when healthy if that's the case
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bold prediction: Jags will sign Mark Sanchez, Brian Hoyer, or Geno Smith as QB "competition" next year. Don't get your hopes up for us drafting a guy.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I'm personally against the idea of searching for some new qb. Simply put, I'm not quite ready to give up on Bortles, and I feel like Brandon Allen may very well be the next in line of a string of really good young qbs. I'm ready to kick Chenne to the curb and just go with Bortles and Allen next season. If we ultimately have to move on from Bortles, chances are by then Allen will be ready to play.

As for Bortles...

Right now he's broken. I've talked about how his arm appears to be shot after leading the league in passing attempts this year, and in this last game you could really see it at times. Others are quick to mention broken mechanics, and there are other theories. Clearly something is wrong, but I'm convinced he can be fixed. What Caldwell needs to do is go out and fine the best qb coach money can by. There is someone out there... I'm sure of it... who can look at Blake and will know exactly how to fix him. I'd also bring in Tom House for a refresher coarse.

'02

The off season will be a good time for (whoever heads this team up) to evaluate just what to do with BB. If they could fanagle Norv Turner into working with him as a QB coach.......maybe something special can come of it. Having a "true competition" at the QB position come training camp is a good idea as well. If BB finds himself in that starter role again.....he MUST get out of the gate FAST and the Jags need to start quickly as well from a win /loss column and if Bortles flops...........his career (at least with the Jags) is toast. Next year (for sure) is sink or swim time for Blake Bortles not only on this team but for his NFL career.  

Quote:Ok, first up I'm not looking for an argument or any hostility. I'm a fan of Blake Bortles.. this season sucks even more so because I really really wanted him to kick on and be an improved Blake Bortles than that of last season. In that mindset, I don't think I'm any different to any of the Jaguars fans on this forum.

I totally agree that he is making some terrible decisions and for that I cannot and will not defend him. No way, no how.

Some of it, I'm sure you'll agree, is down to coaching.

Anyway, my question(s) is this:

A/ After this season, is the general consensus one that will suggest that Blake Bortles will no longer be a starter on the Jaguars roster?

Or B/ do we think that the inevitable change in coaching staff will improve Blake (something which I think is possible), and we have a QB who looks more like the one of last year (albeit with fewer interceptions)?.
I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that there was a problem with Blake that we don't know about now, ala Fred Taylor. Come January, we may learn that there was a health problem with him all season. That may not be the case, but it may. There is a lot of medical information that we as fans aren't privy to. Let's all hope and pray that this is the case, and the Jags still have their franchise guy. That alone changes a lot of future plans.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:  Good point about complacency.  

My guess is that it's not close to the entire issue and it's probably not the primary issue.   But it's likely part of the issue.    If Blake Bortles truly felt the team had a better QB option,   he probably at least would have made better decisions in games.   

I've never bought into this thinking at all. You really think that during a game he's wondering about the team's QB options? LOL.

Bortles knows he's playing poorly. He knows his future is on the line. I have no doubt he's trying very hard. He just doesn't know what to do about it.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that there was a problem with Blake that we don't know about now, ala Fred Taylor. Come January, we may learn that there was a health problem with him all season. That may not be the case, but it may. There is a lot of medical information that we as fans aren't privy to. Let's all hope and pray that this is the case, and the Jags still have their franchise guy. That alone changes a lot of future plans.

For people who will absolutely cut no slack whatsoever for Gus Bradley many want to make excuses of all sorts for Bortles. Strange.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:For people who will absolutely cut no slack whatsoever for Gus Bradley many want to make excuses of all sorts for Bortles. Strange.

Are you implying that Gus should be cut slack or that he has an injury we don't know about?

Quote:For people who will absolutely cut no slack whatsoever for Gus Bradley many want to make excuses of all sorts for Bortles. Strange.
You are as stupid as you look. Find one single post that backs up your incoherent, flailing babble.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Are you implying that Gus should be cut slack or that he has an injury we don't know about?
questions like that will only confuse him. It's not that hard to do though.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 01:58 PM by DarloJAG84.)

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that there was a problem with Blake that we don't know about now, ala Fred Taylor. Come January, we may learn that there was a health problem with him all season. That may not be the case, but it may. There is a lot of medical information that we as fans aren't privy to. Let's all hope and pray that this is the case, and the Jags still have their franchise guy. That alone changes a lot of future plans.

Well let's hope so.

Quote:I've never bought into this thinking at all. You really think that during a game he's wondering about the team's QB options? LOL.

Bortles knows he's playing poorly. He knows his future is on the line. I have no doubt he's trying very hard. He just doesn't know what to do about it.

No, I wouldn't suggest that he's thinking about the teams QB options. He doesn't need to, he knows there aren't any.

Like I say, complacency COULD be part of it.. not that it definitely is part of it..

I don't think that this is making excuses, it's just seeing it from a different angle, not everything is just black and white.

I can't categorically state that Blake is playing poorly because of injury or complacency, just like you can't categorically state that it's NOT the case.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

It would be best case scenario if he were fighting through something minor that has been affecting him, but at the same time, this would highlight the ineptness of the coaching staff still playing him versus throwing Allen in there and getting him some experience to at least see if he is a viable backup option so we can cut the cord with Henne.

Quote:It would be best case scenario if he were fighting through something minor that has been affecting him, but at the same time, this would highlight the ineptness of the coaching staff still playing him versus throwing Allen in there and getting him some experience to at least see if he is a viable backup option so we can cut the cord with Henne.

This.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

It's already been reported that he's dealing with arm fatigue. That's something that will only get worse as the season continues.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:It's already been reported that he's dealing with arm fatigue. That's something that will only get worse as the season continues.

Those 12 ounce curls at the Jax Beach bars should prevent arm fatigue.