Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we just fast forward to the end of this season?

Quote:  Regarding the Jaguars,   I'm not sure to what extent it can be blamed on coaching,  compared to QB play and an an inconsistent running game.   But one thing that stands out that's clearly holding the team back is the inability to score a TD on the team's opening drive.    I would be interesting seeing  how many minutes this season the team has played with a lead.   The Colts game in London was in essence the exception to the vast majority of the season.

Having said this,  the Lions are coming off a bye.  Two things that concerns me about the upcoming game from a Lions perspective is the team could come out flat.and how the Lions handle expectations when most people expect the team to win the game.    That much more with the NFC North rival Vikings being the Lions Thanksgiving Day opponent 4 days later. 
I'm pretty sure the answer is 2 minutes. Not even a joke.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm pretty sure the answer is 2 minutes. Not even a joke.

Other than the Jaguars record,  I can't think of any stat that indicates major change is needed in the organization than this one.  

When the Jaguars have had late game leads,  they have protected them in both games.  Matthew Stafford and his Offensive teammates have been excellent in these type of situations in the vast majority of games that they have occurred this season.   It's definitely something that appears worth paying attention in the upcoming game,   as the Jaguars Defense might be noticeably better than appears to be the case at times but is being held back by the team's Offense not putting the team in better positions.  

Quote:When was the last time any team had three 1,000 yard receivers? Most teams don't have two of them.

The 2008 Arizona Cardinals.

Quote:  Other than the Jaguars record,  I can't think of any stat that indicates major change is needed in the organization than this one.  

When the Jaguars have had late game leads,  they have protected them in both games.  Matthew Stafford and his Offensive teammates have been excellent in these type of situations in the vast majority of games that they have occurred this season.   It's definitely something that appears worth paying attention in the upcoming game,   as the Jaguars Defense might be noticeably better than appears to be the case at times but is being held back by the team's Offense not putting the team in better positions.  

they didn't hold the lead against the Ravens.

Quote:they didn't hold the lead against the Ravens.

Thanks for the correction.

Yet,  in the following two games,  the Jaguars were able to hold the lead.  Being that they haven't even been in that position in the last 4 games is probably the bigger Jaguars issue.

Quote:  Thanks for the correction.

Yet,  in the following two games,  the Jaguars were able to hold the lead.  Being that they haven't even been in that position in the last 4 games is probably the bigger Jaguars issue.
Holding the lead for 2 minutes though.

I wouldn't say that's a positive.

I understand you're trying to look at some things on the bright side but I don't know if you really can this year. This year has honestly been the most disappointing year that I can remember and I don't think it's close.

Quote:The 2008 Arizona Cardinals.

They lost the superbowl that year. Jags have 2 wins.

Not really.  Watch us hire another bad coach.  Maybe Norv Turner this time.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:When was the last time any team had three 1,000 yard receivers? Most teams don't have two of them.
Detroit had it one year in the 90s 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Detroit had it one year in the 90s 

2004 Indy

1994 Atlanta

1989 Washington

Indy and Atlanta both made playoffs. Washington did not but won 10 games.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 08:59 PM by Mowerguy.)

Don't sweat it D6.....Lions will have no problem with the JagKitties.

This week end will be 1 game down and 6 more games to go.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Holding the lead for 2 minutes though.

I wouldn't say that's a positive.

I understand you're trying to look at some things on the bright side but I don't know if you really can this year. This year has honestly been the most disappointing year that I can remember and I don't think it's close.

Considering the expectations for the Jaguars this season  ( I picked them to go 8-8,  with 9-7 being more likely than 7-9 ) and recalling the team's previous 21 seasons,  it's very difficult to counter what you mentioned.    Though nothing is promised for fans of a team,   it doesn't diminish the level of disappointment when this type of season occurs for your favorite team.    A potential positive though for you and all Jaguars fans,  is inevitable changes that are coming for the Jaguars after the season,  barring a turnaround that's highly unlikely. 

Quote:Detroit had it one year in the 90s 

You probably are thinking of the 1995 Lions team in which Herman Moore and Brett Perriman had mega receiving seasons.   Though then # 3 WR Johnnie Morton ( who is arguably Jerry Sullivan's biggest fan )  had a strong 2nd NFL season,  he didn't reach the 1000 receiving yards mark until later on in his career. 

Quote:Don't sweat it D6.....Lions will have no problem with the JagKitties.

This week end will be 1 down and 6 more to go.

Mowerguy,   it's my nature to sweat it.  LOL     

The Lions aren't only playing the Jaguars,   The other opponents are all of a sudden high public expectations and a long history of not getting it done in many, many situations that looked promising. 

Quote:Can you guys believe we have to put up with this crap for another 7 weeks until the merciful end? The best part of this season will be black Monday.
[Image: o-CRYING-BABY-facebook.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.