Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I was wrong about Myers

Quote:That guy killed the ball today.  Unbelievable how far he had to tee it up from each kick.

No doubt...I'm just saying that it's unfortunate that the kicker is the most relevant bright spot right now :whistling:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No doubt...I'm just saying that it's unfortunate that the kicker is the most relevant bright spot right now.

That is not true. His job is to score points. He single-footedly lost a game last year and was a big reason we lost another one. It is always nice to see a guy who struggled and nearly lost his job bounce back like Myers did.

Because bizarro is the Jaguars way.  

Our kicker can do his job, great, well that's one less thing we have to be concerned with
A good loser is a good loser

Damn shame when year in and out the kicker is the talk of the town and is even noticed; from Scobee to now Meyers it never fails they're turned into rock stars. Only in Jacksonville.

Quote:Damn shame when year in and out the kicker is the talk of the town and is even noticed; from Scobee to now Meyers it never fails they're turned into rock stars. Only in Jacksonville.

It is a shame you don't know much about football.

If you ever watched an entire game, you know kickers are very important players.

No one respond to it and maybe it will go away.

I'll take a healthy plate of crow as well sir.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:No one respond to it and maybe it will go away.

Nobody respond to what?

Irony is everywhere with this one.

It's great to see Myers do well.  That 54 yarder was beautiful!

Quote:Irony is everywhere with this one.

It's great to see Myers do well.  That 54 yarder was beautiful!

It is exactly what the vet ordered!

Myers finding his confidence has been one of the few bright spots of this season.

And it makes me wonder how many other "busts" on our roster might also turn out to be good players, if their confidence can be restored.

Quote:It is a shame you don't know much about football.

If you ever watched an entire game, you know kickers are very important players.

I have no doubt that you watch a ton of games each weekend.. The question is, what do you retain from watching?

I bet you could watch fuzz for 4 hours on the TV and it'll make no difference.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:This is why you key board GM's and coaches will continue to be key board and GM coaches.

Well not everyone can apparently be as smart as you are.

Quote:What does getting used to the number of fans around him have to do with missing PATs while making 50+ FG attempts? Absolutely nothing.

Fans don't like it when kickers are cut after being drafted. Everybody would complain we wasted a draft pick and gave up too early on Scobee.
Umm...Myers was a free agent signing.

Quote:Last year I kept telling people it is too early to judge Gus Bradley because we still did not have enough talent on defense.
This is the first mention of gus in this Myers thread.

Quote:No it's not. What's sad is when a thread about a kicker switches to the HC.
Yes....you're sad because you have to insert your biased opinions into every thread in your post building quests.

You do it so much you lose track of your own blithering and criticize yourself.

This is classic mjf.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Umm...Myers was a free agent signing.

This is the first mention of gus in this Myers thread.

Yes....you're sad because you have to insert your biased opinions into every thread in your post building quests.

You do it so much you lose track of your own blithering and criticize yourself.

This is classic mjf.

The posts were only 19 mins apart, lol
A good loser is a good loser