Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When is it enough?

Quote:Gus: Blake had a good week of practice, he missed some deep balls today

They all have a good week of practice every week.

You know, I'm starting to suspect that Gus isn't being completely truthful with us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Honestly? I'm excited for this off season. Bradley and his staff get canned, something I've been waiting on for three years now. We can land a franchise RB (Dalvin, Fournette) or a franchise DB (Tabor, Peppers). Get some lineman, sign a vet QB in FA, get Coughlin in here and prepare for 2017's 8-8.

Gus: we all feel like we're close to going on a run

Bwawhahahaha

Quote:Gus: we all feel like we're close to going on a run

Bwawhahahaha

Like, being run out of town? Sure, I can see that.

Enough? you talking about enough! Lol deal with it...

The whole organization is a freaking laughing stock... why are any of US even on here ??

Quote:Week after week we say Gus needs to go. This is flat out embarassing now. Commentators making jokes about us. On top of this, Blake needs to go as well. He throws the worst ball in the league. I guess Khan doesnt care too much on how embarassing this is. To be honest, I dont see an end in sight. Next season will be just as bad.
Khan has said multiple times he doesn't believe in firing coaches in season...I don't know how much clearer he can make it before people understand that Gus will be here until the day after the Jags play their last game this year

Quote:Khan has said multiple times he doesn't believe in firing coaches in season...I don't know how much clearer he can make it before people understand that Gus will be here until the day after the Jags play their last game this year

Thats because Khan is a moron.

Quote:Thats because Khan is a moron.
welp he's made himself a bazillion dollars so he really doesn't care what anyone thinks...

Quote:You know, I'm starting to suspect that Gus isn't being completely truthful with us.

Gus doesn't know how to run a practice. So they can look good in practice, but since it apparently is not reproducible of the real game it doesn't apply.

Theres no changes they can make that would make a shred of difference so idk why you guys keep asking for it every day

Quote:Don't get ahead of yourself. We have 7 more games of this before we can judge Bradley. We don't want to be impatient with him.
I hope this is sarcasm. He has had plenty of time and talent on the team and he's not producing anything other than the suckfest we see week after week.

At this point we just embrace the suck.

Quote:At this point I don't even care.  Just suck for draft position.  Hopefully that and us being overly-loyal to Gus attracts a good coach.
Uh oh.  Why did you have to bring this up?  This board's moral majority is going to get you.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016, 01:06 PM by Mowerguy.)

Quote:Gus: we all feel like we're close to going on a run

Bwawhahahaha

He's gotten to where he believes his own stuff....sad part is ...the last couple of this season games (when titans and 'horns bench their starters) we'll probably win a couple and drive our draft position up.

But gus will be dancing in the locker room....we're on a run....we're on a run!

And yeah, don't call Khan out on sticking to his commitment, ugly as it is. It will help attract a decent first rate coach.

Nothing done now would make a lick of difference anyway. Bummer isn't it.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:He's gotten to where he believes his own stuff....sad part is ...the last couple of this season games (when titans and 'horns bench their starters) we'll probably win a couple and drive our draft position up.

But gus will be dancing in the locker room....we're on a run....we're on a run!

And yeah, don't call Khan out on sticking to his commitment, ugly as it is. It will help attract a decent first rate coach.

Nothing done now would make a lick of difference anyway. Bummer isn't it.
I don't see how in the world Gus can believe what he's saying at this point.  Goodness knows the players likely don't.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Theres no changes they can make that would make a shred of difference so idk why you guys keep asking for it every day

I don't want to see his clueless face on the sideline any longer. Every week he is the coach is an embarrassment to the franchise and the city. He is the embodiment of failure. He is losing in human form. His incompetence seeps through the entire organization. He sounds like an idiot when he speaks at press conferences. He has taught our players that losing is acceptable. He has turned losing into an art form. He is the turd in every Jags fan's punch bowl.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

well said Jerrad.......I'm just numb to all the losing.....totally numb.  :confused:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:welp he's made himself a bazillion dollars so he really doesn't care what anyone thinks...

And that's the problem right there.  Shad has taken this team away from the fans and made it his little play thing.....heck, it's probably just an investment and he is only worried about how much he can sell the team and the profit he makes.  He pretends that all he has done has been to enhance the fans experience, but really, it's all about sponsor dollars and value maximisation.  

For the fans, the value comes from the onfield product which is just horrible.  I'd rather watch a 16-0 team in a rickety old wooden seated stadium with 1 bar and 3 toilets

R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

Quote:And that's the problem right there.  Shad has taken this team away from the fans and made it his little play thing.....heck, it's probably just an investment and he is only worried about how much he can sell the team and the profit he makes.  He pretends that all he has done has been to enhance the fans experience, but really, it's all about sponsor dollars and value maximisation.  

For the fans, the value comes from the onfield product which is just horrible.  I'd rather watch a 16-0 team in a rickety old wooden seated stadium with 1 bar and 3 toilets
Shad owns the team he can run it however he pleases...He will not bow to fan pressure...He wants to win as much as anyone, but he's going to do things his way...What I believe his overall philosophy is is this...Players play, coaches coach, managers manage, owners write checks....If he has to step in it's because something is wrong which is why he went to the monday meeting the other week...I think he already knows what he is going to do, but he won't do it in season...Last year he said he would wait until after the season and evaluate the entire body of work and then make any necessary corrections, and I would bet that's the same thing he will do this year, as if it wasn't already clear what the problem is... 

Quote:I don't want to see his clueless face on the sideline any longer. Every week he is the coach is an embarrassment to the franchise and the city. He is the embodiment of failure. He is losing in human form. His incompetence seeps through the entire organization. He sounds like an idiot when he speaks at press conferences. He has taught our players that losing is acceptable. He has turned losing into an art form. He is the turd in every Jags fan's punch bowl.
Thats cool man but it doesnt really matter what you want. Fact is firing him would just promote his underlings so you guys can keep talking about this all day everyday but what youre asking for wont make any difference