Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Blake Bortles be benched?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Bench Bortles?

Quote:Still better than Allen who at best might be a decent backup one day. Benching Bortles is stupid,
I disagree. I'd take a higher pick this year and the chance for Bortles to turn his career around by having some time out. We're probably going to be 2-7 this evening so nothing is riding on this season anymore. Look at the long term.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

let him play every game and show Khan just how bad he is so he can get him out of here asap and fire dave/gus

Every pass for this guy is a struggle . Get rid of him

The WRs have to make highlight catches on just about every pass

Worst qb in the league

Unreal the throws he is missing this year. It's so so sad.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

He's done

Bortles is done.. this guy is complete trash. He has missed 2 wide open tds... he cant even throw a spiral, legit cant do it. Cut him and fire gus I am so sick of this team

Quote:Bortles is done.. this guy is complete trash. He has missed 2 wide open tds... he cant even throw a spiral, legit cant do it. Cut him and fire gus I am so sick of this team

I would have no regrets with this whatsoever!

Serious question...

What would Blake be worth on the market? Please no ham sandwich jokes. Real talk. 3rd?

Quote:Serious question...

What would Blake be worth on the market? Please no ham sandwich jokes. Real talk. 3rd?

Late round at best IMO.  And a coach like Belichick would probably make him look amazing for a couple games in a backup role and then trade him away for a 2nd round pick lol.

BB5 is worth a 4th...

I'm not sure we'd get that value, though.

At the end of the day, he's a bust.  It would be smart to bench him and let Henne or Allen play.  Let the next coach know that Caldwell isn't sold on the bust.

Who voted no? He can't even throw a spiral!
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:No point, let him play the season out. We aren't catching up to the Texans, Colts, or Titans. I'd rather see how he progresses in the remainder of our games, and maybe grab a vet in the off season.

While I agree to a certain extent.  I also disagree.

I think it is time to let the next Head Coach know that you are not sold on BBINT.  You have to sit BBINT if you want a real HC to come in and make his mark.

There are going to be alot of HC's that are fired this year.   If you can't be a mature franchise and recognize that your QB sucks, then you're gonna scare off coaches that want to find a better QB than what is on the roster.

If Allen can take a snap, the answer is obvious. Bortles has had plenty of opportunity to show who he is. Time to move on. Wasted pick. 

Quote:If Allen can take a snap, the answer is obvious. Bortles has had plenty of opportunity to show who he is. Time to move on. Wasted pick. 

Allen is not the answer either.

The next HC should be paid so much money that he gets to figure out what he wants.  Caldwell needs to bow down to that HC.

Quote:BB5 is worth a 4th...

I'm not sure we'd get that value, though.

At the end of the day, he's a bust.  It would be smart to bench him and let Henne or Allen play.  Let the next coach know that Caldwell isn't sold on the bust.

I can see it now. In the offseason the Jaguars trade Bortles to a team like Phoenix, with a good offensive minded head coach that knows how to develop QBs and draft some spread option turd in the first round of the draft.

Come next season Bortles is winning games and looking decent while the Jaguars go through another four years of anguish.

Let the next coach decide what to do with Bortles.

Quote:I can see it now. In the offseason the Jaguars trade Bortles to a team like Phoenix, with a good offensive minded head coach that knows how to develop QBs and draft some spread option turd in the first round of the draft.

Come next season Bortles is winning games and looking decent while the Jaguars go through another four years of anguish.

Let the next coach decide what to do with Bortles.

AZ get's a lucky break with BBINT because of talent on the Defense.  Then they realize how terrible he is.  Whatever we can get for BBINT is worth it.  A 4th round pick for a terrible QB is a bonus.

BBINT is not worth anything of value.  If we get a pick for trading him, it is a win for the Jaguars.

Quote:Serious question...

Umm that's funny.