Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We haven't seen or heard the last from the Clintons

Quote:God, do we have to keep having these family dynasties?   The Clintons, the Bushes, and now the Trumps?  

Somebody has to eventually be the Jeb!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This comes as no surprise.  Grooming Chelsea.

No surprise at all.   Just like it won't be a surprise on this end if Michelle Obama runs for President as early as 2020.  

Quote:Only thing is,  Web Hubble is her Father
Wait, what? Got to look this up.

Quote:Wait, what? Got to look this up.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/huge-...-daughter/

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Quote:http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/huge-...-daughter/

No, she looks too much like Bill Clinton to be anyone else's daughter. 

Quote: No surprise at all. Just like it won't be a surprise on this end if Michelle Obama runs for President as early as 2020.

Oh boy.

Quote:Oh boy.

It's a scary thought but one that seems more likely than not.   I can't think of anyone in the Democrat Party that can bring their segments together more than Michelle Obama.  

Quote: It's a scary thought but one that seems more likely than not. I can't think of anyone in the Democrat Party that can bring their segments together more than Michelle Obama.

It does make a lot of sense. Particularly if Trump struggles in his first term. She will be the "savior" in 2020.

Quote:  It's a scary thought but one that seems more likely than not.   I can't think of anyone in the Democrat Party that can bring their segments together more than Michelle Obama.  

I hadn't really thought about it, but really I can't think of any Democrat that could potentially counter Trump in 2020.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:It does make a lot of sense. Particularly if Trump struggles in his first term. She will be the "savior" in 2020.

That's my take.

If Donald Trump is a popular first term President,  the Democrats might wait until 2024 to maximize Michelle Obama's chances of winning a Presidential Election.

Quote:I hadn't really thought about it, but really I can't think of any Democrat that could potentially counter Trump in 2020.

No one else stands out on this end,  mainly because of the divide in the Democrat Party.  

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 02:09 PM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:  That's my take.

If Donald Trump is a popular first term President,  the Democrats might wait until 2024 to maximize Michelle Obama's chances of winning a Presidential Election.

Don't delude yourself.   Trump won because he was running against Hillary Clinton.   She won't be running next time. 

But Michelle Obama?  No chance.  The democrats will go back to running a white male, so they can recapture that lost segment of their party. 

You say, "If Trump is a popular first term president..."   I don't think he will be.   He's already deeply unpopular, a lot of people who voted for him did so while holding their nose, and he won't be able to keep half of his campaign promises. 

Quote:Don't delude yourself.   Trump won because he was running against Hillary Clinton.   She won't be running next time. 

But Michelle Obama?  No chance.  The democrats will go back to running a white male, so they can recapture that lost segment of their party. 

You say, "If Trump is a popular first term president..."   I don't think he will be.   He's already deeply unpopular, a lot of people who voted for him did so while holding their nose, and he won't be able to keep half of his campaign promises. 

I didn't vote for Donald Trump or any Presidential Candidate that appeared on the ballot the other day,   hence I'm skeptical about Trump keeping his promises.  But at this time,  I'm going to give him a chance to erase my doubts.  

Based on how many ( certainly not remotely close to all ) Democrats think,  a white male won't be acceptable to a sizeable portion of the party.    At this time,  I would be surprised if a white male is the Democrats choice in 2020 if Trump's approval ratings are low.

Quote:Don't delude yourself.   Trump won because he was running against Hillary Clinton.   She won't be running next time. 

Regarding the part in bold.  I think that is one of the things that has so many people turned off right now.  Why is it that race/gender is so important to people on the left?  Demographics in general should be excluded when looking at candidates for any office (as should party affiliation).

I mean really.  Did Democrats really think that Hillary was the best candidate to run, or is it just because she is female?  Was Obama the most qualified, or was it because of his skin color?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:No, she looks too much like Bill Clinton to be anyone else's daughter. 

Agree.  The nose.

I've always wondered if they had her to legitimize the marriage.  She is an only child.

Politicians do things like that.  Charlie Crist married to attempt to conceal his lifestyle.  It could be they wanted a blood heir, too I suppose.

Again - I have no ill will towards Chelsea, I think she's a much better person than her parents.  This is only a commentary/question of the sincerity of the Bill/Hillary marriage.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Spouses should be prohibited from running. It just doesn't seem right.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 03:37 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:God, do we have to keep having these family dynasties? The Clintons, the Bushes, and now the Trumps?

Kind of defeats the point of democracy. But I am sure Chelsea will be something of NY or California soon..

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Spouses should be prohibited from running. It just doesn't seem right.

All presidential candidates must be unmarried?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:All presidential candidates must be unmarried?

They trying to become president, not priests!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 03:50 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:All presidential candidates must be unmarried?

No, I didn't say that. I just stated an opinion that I think spouses should be prohibited from running. Yes, I know it isn't prohibited by the constitution. Maybe it would be different if the spouse either wasn't crooked or married to an ineffective president. I dunno.