Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Monday update: Robinson sustains torn ACL

Looked like a possible hyper extension. Very painful but not normally longtime injurious.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2017, 02:39 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: this defense has me on cloud9... the injury to robinson though really has me down as he is crucial for the rest of the year and most likely this is a season ender Sad

Says who?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

My worst fear was an ACL/MCL injury but the fact he was allowed to walk around has me hopeful.
No pain, no gain.

We are so deep at WR, I think his impact is easily overcome.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 05:05 PM by VisitingCobra.)

Looks like he's out for the season with ACL tear.

But what is even more worrisome is, where was Lee Today?

(09-10-2017, 05:01 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: Looks like he's out for the season with ACL tear.

Or is he?  Twitter maybe lied.

(09-10-2017, 05:00 PM)Jest101 Wrote: We are so deep at WR, I think his impact is easily overcome.

Our depth is on IR.

(09-10-2017, 05:00 PM)Jest101 Wrote: We are so deep at WR, I think his impact is easily overcome.

Our depth is on IR.

(09-10-2017, 03:34 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 02:37 PM)DragonFury Wrote: We can still call him just to, you know, chat. Catch up and what not.

I forgot. Maybe because it wasn't even a legitimate injury- just a way to protect him.

What makes you think it was not legit? He was walking straight-legged to the locker room and ruled out before the second quarter.

(09-10-2017, 05:01 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote: Looks like he's out for the season with ACL tear.

But what is even more worrisome is, where was Lee Today?

Or is he?  Twitter maybe lied.

Our depth is on IR.

Our depth is on IR.

Lee, Hurns, Benn, and even Cole...all solid/decent players. I'm not worried about WR depth. I'd rather have Robinson (and wouldn't wish injury on anyeone) but WR is one area that scares me the least when a player goes down.

you can walk around with a ligament tear so even if you saw him doing so, that doesnt necessarily mean we are out of the woods.

Missed the first half as I busy flying home this morning. From what I saw in the second half, the passing game was pretty unspectacular.

(09-10-2017, 05:11 PM)rfc17 Wrote: you can walk around with a ligament tear so even if you saw him doing so, that doesnt necessarily mean we are out of the woods.  

Missed the first half as I busy flying home this morning.  From what I saw in the second half, the passing game was pretty unspectacular.

It wasn't required.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Lee really disappointed me with the one big drop. He'll bounce back.

I think with a week to work out a contingency plan - they'll be OK.

They can tweak the playbook just a bit so that the X receiver (whether it's Lee, Hurns, Cole or Benn) can run plays other than the ones tailored to Robinson's skillset of jump balls and back shoulder throws.

They'll re-group and work it out, but I really wish Westbrook was available to play the Z if Lee moves to the X.

Really sucks for A-Rob in a contract year after having a great off-season.

Is there a such thing as a minor knee injury? Serious question.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 05:18 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

I can't imagine the trainers would let someone just walk around without even crutches if major ligament tears were even a possibility. But then again Eric Berry had the same thing happen.
No pain, no gain.

(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I can't imagine the trainers would let someone just walk around without even crutches if major ligament tears were even a possibility. But then again Eric Berry had the same thing happen.

was he seen walking around without crutches? not counting when he limped off?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spor...story.html

This is what everyone is pulling the acl stuff from.

the longer they wait to announce, the more likely it is serious

(09-10-2017, 05:24 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spor...story.html

This is what everyone is pulling the acl stuff from.

So...speculation.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-10-2017, 05:27 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: the longer they wait to announce, the more likely it is serious

Lol, how so?

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 05:37 PM by knarnn.)

[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran

[/font]

Bortles on A-Rob's injury: "I can't really put that into words how sad I am for him."

Marrone didn't provide an update

#Jaguars

5:34 PM · Sep 10, 2017

Welp

(09-10-2017, 05:37 PM)knarnn Wrote: [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif]Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran

[/font]

Bortles on A-Rob's injury: "I can't really put that into words how sad I am for him."

Marrone didn't provide an update

#Jaguars

5:34 PM · Sep 10, 2017

Welp

That doesn't sound good.

Well if he is out for the season at least he should come cheap come offseason....sliver lining?