Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How did the o-line become so good so quickly?

(09-13-2017, 12:32 PM)Preach Wrote: I'm not well versed on the titans dline. I knew much more of what to expect from the Texans. Our o-line was amazing considering the talent on the other side. Is our o-line looking at an easier matchup on Sunday?

They stopped the run pretty well last season.  Lynch managed 4.2 YPC in week one against them but he's running behind a better line. 

I think it will take all the Jags have to scrape out 120 or so on the ground vs the tacks unless Fournette breaks a really big one and skews the number a bit. That number will have to include a few designed QB scampers. 

I expect more than a few screens, swing passes and designed dump-offs to TEs to supplement the run game by design. 

Bortles will also need to connect on a few intermediate PA routes to keep things rolling.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Two biggest factors from what I saw:

1. Having a decent RB -- That changes the way defenses play you when you have an RB who can punish a defense for over pursuing.

2. TOP against the Cows. With the Cows OL and QB being basically useless they could not hold on to the ball very long. Which kept the Cows defense on the field way too much. Making things easier for the Tarp Kitty OL. I believe the Cows also had a lot of snaps on defense missed due to injury that game too.

Give it a few games fellas before you get your hopes up. Make sure it is real.
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

(09-13-2017, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 12:32 PM)Preach Wrote: I'm not well versed on the titans dline. I knew much more of what to expect from the Texans. Our o-line was amazing considering the talent on the other side. Is our o-line looking at an easier matchup on Sunday?

They stopped the run pretty well last season.  Lynch managed 4.2 YPC in week one against them but he's running behind a better line. 

I think it will take all the Jags have to scrape out 120 or so on the ground vs the tacks unless Fournette breaks a really big one and skews the number a bit. That number will have to include a few designed QB scampers. 

I expect more than a few screens, swing passes and designed dump-offs to TEs to supplement the run game by design. 

Bortles will also need to connect on a few intermediate PA routes to keep things rolling.

Our run defense is not as good as the stats might have suggested. Us having a high ranked run d had, I think, a lot to do with the pass defense being beyond terrible. Teams did not run on us much because passing was so easy.

As far as last week is concerned, you can expect the Titans to play you guys differently than they did the Raiders. The Titans will not have to worry as much about the passing game as they did with the Raiders which will make it easier to focus on the run.
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

(09-13-2017, 01:29 PM)The Hammer Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They stopped the run pretty well last season.  Lynch managed 4.2 YPC in week one against them but he's running behind a better line. 

... you can expect the Titans to play you guys differently than they did the Raiders. The Titans will not have to worry as much about the passing game as they did with the Raiders which will make it easier to focus on the run.

Jags fans have known to expect this from every opponent for some time now.

Here are a few all22 screenshots of the Jags O-Line giving the backs room to run against 8 in the box:

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_09_14_at_1_09_12_PM.png]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_09_14_at_12_48_24_PM.png]

One more:

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_09_14_at_12_56_02_PM.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!