Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This team doesn't trust Bortles

Stop it already, people. Bortles was off, but he wasn't even in the top 3 reasons why the Jags lost. Except for 4NET, nobody gets off the hook on offense this week - that includes the OC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles deserves plenty of responsibility for the loss. He threw too many easy passes away. Accuracy a huge issue.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2017, 05:32 PM by Jest101.)

(10-01-2017, 05:29 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Stop it already, people. Bortles was off, but he wasn't even in the top 3 reasons why the Jags lost. Except for 4NET, nobody gets off the hook on offense this week - that includes the OC.

The entire team has to compensate for Bortles poor play at times.  They couldn't do it today (the defense even scored a TD).  More times than not (almost always) Bortles is a liability.  Get over the Bortles love fest.  We are drafting a QB in 2018.

(10-01-2017, 05:31 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Bortles deserves plenty of responsibility  for the loss.  He threw too many easy passes away.  Accuracy a huge issue.

I'd also propose that quarterbacking is a huge issue too

We should of kicked off to start OT, if anything too much trust in Bortles in that spot.

On a side note, I loved the play calling last week. Today, it was horrible.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2017, 06:19 PM by Tuxedo.)

(10-01-2017, 05:29 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Stop it already, people. Bortles was off, but he wasn't even in the top 3 reasons why the Jags lost. Except for 4NET, nobody gets off the hook on offense this week - that includes the OC.

Nah, he was a big reason why we lost. Offense scored 13 points and it's not like he was slinging it all game and every other player was screwing up.

(10-01-2017, 06:12 PM)ATLjag Wrote: On a side note, I loved the play calling last week.  Today, it was horrible.

I wasn't a huge fan of it today, but when your QB is struggling out there like Blake was, it's hard to call a good game.

(10-01-2017, 05:24 PM)BklynJag Wrote: But But Did you see that fluke game last week.

Get out of here. You're only focus here is to just hope to be right that the jags are going to lose. You never root or lost for them to win. You're not even a fan, jut a trash troll.

It's sad that at this point....Id rather have Jets QB Mccown over Bortles.

How much worse would Nassib do? I hate myself for asking

We still should have won in spite of Bortles. He put it on Lee and he dropped it.
No pain, no gain.

It's really no wonder that Marrone said he would like to run the ball every down. He knew what he had in Bortles. Every time Bortles drops back to pass more than a 5 yard pass, it comes with a prayer of "please help, God". I see Hackett trying to be creative with the play book. But Bortles has a way of neutering the the ability to have balanced play calling. They simply can't rely on him in the passing game. Even with the 2 big run plays given up on defense, we had opportunities to excel in this game with open receivers. I swear to you that Blake throws the football like a baseball, even putting some top spin on it and getting some curving action.

(10-01-2017, 06:35 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: We still should have won in spite of Bortles. He put it on Lee and he dropped it.

That is true but it shouldn't have come down to that if he had any idea how to read defenses and didn't throw such ducks and wild throws that have no chance of the receiver catching the ball most of the game.

(10-01-2017, 04:42 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: I've been under the misconception that if our defense dominates, we can attain a "winning season", even with Blake's inconsistent play. But it's painfully obvious now, Blake will stop all momentum this team can create.

Given how the team has performed against the run, can they be counted upon to dominate?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I bet they make a run to Alex Smith over cousins in the off season
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

It's comedy how everybody who wants to rip Bortles just completely and blatantly ignores the Defense getting gashed in the running game all day long. I mean, Powell had like 110 yards on only 6 carries at one point.

The Defense gave up at least 3 runs of 70 yards. I dunno about you, but I'm tired of seeing Bortles over pursue his gaps and miss tackles in the run game. What's he thinking out there on Defense?

(10-01-2017, 07:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's comedy how everybody who wants to rip Bortles just completely and blatantly ignores the Defense getting gashed in the running game all day long. I mean, Powell had like 110 yards on only 6 carries at one point.

The Defense gave up at least 3 runs of 70 yards. I dunno about you, but I'm tired of seeing Bortles over pursue his gaps and miss tackles in the run game. What's he thinking out there on Defense?

There is no way to argue that Bortles had a good game.

But the run defense was an embarrassment.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Nah brah, Bortles is a turrible qb. Poor ball placement , wobbly ducks, too many to count  batted passes.

(10-01-2017, 07:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 07:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: It's comedy how everybody who wants to rip Bortles just completely and blatantly ignores the Defense getting gashed in the running game all day long. I mean, Powell had like 110 yards on only 6 carries at one point.

There is no way to argue that Bortles had a good game.

But the run defense was an embarrassment.

And I wouldn't try to argue that Bortles had a good game. He didn't.

The run Defense was absolutely worse than Bortles' day though. I swear every one of their long runs came from the exact same play call. They all literally went straight up the middle and you could have fit a bus through the size of the holes.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2017, 08:14 PM by archer56.)

True true.i don't hold the first run against the D as from every angle it looked like he was down but apparently he wasn't. But yeah there was some epic over by pursuit in this game.

But let's talk about something more detrimental.
Why does Lee drop so many passes? And why wasn't hurns the hot route there?

Also a diff FG kicker and we aren't even talking about a loss here
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

i dont trust the defense never know when they gonna show up