Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brazile says DNC rigged primary for Hillary

(11-03-2017, 08:39 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: The entire establishment system cheated for Hillary - and she still lost.  Google, Facebook and Twitter have all admitted they suppressed and deleted anti-Hillary content.  The pollsters sold themselves to the DNC.  The media fawned over Hillary and gave her the debate questions early.  The FBI and Justice Dept. ignored and covered up serious crimes by the Clinton camp.  But the Swamp has exposed itself now.  It's a different ballgame.

Trump sure beat the odds. 

I think the most interesting thing to come out of the election in that regard was that Trump won despite Hillary spending twice as much. That pretty much invalidates the claims that we need "campaign finance reform."

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2017, 03:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Wrong. Polls had him beating Trump, where as the same polls had Trump beating Hillary. 

Which polls had Trump bearing Clinton?

I love how some people chalk it up to "we know it was happening, it's nothing" on something like this. This is a HUGE deal and undermines our democracy. How do democrats feel about the DNC having choose their candidate a YEAR before the primary? Again, this is a HUGE deal.

(11-04-2017, 10:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I love how some people chalk it up to "we know it was happening, it's nothing" on something like this. This is a HUGE deal and undermines our democracy. How do democrats feel about the DNC having choose their candidate a YEAR before the primary? Again, this is a HUGE deal.

It is a very big deal. Doesn't mean the other stuff isn't a big deal, but...ooh, shiny.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(11-04-2017, 10:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I love how some people chalk it up to "we know it was happening, it's nothing" on something like this. This is a HUGE deal and undermines our democracy. How do democrats feel about the DNC having choose their candidate a YEAR before the primary? Again, this is a HUGE deal.

It's a big deal, but it's over and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I think everyone knows, (unless they live under a rock) that both parties are completely corrupt and the fact that the DNC got caught is nothing unexpected. As long as we have a two party system, this stuff is gonna happen. The entire system is messed up, but nothing is gonna change anytime soon. Personally, I wish we would just abolish political affiliations. No Democrats, no Republicans, no nothing. Candidates just vote on issues based on what they believe. That only happens in my dreams though. The current system will never change. That's why I hate both parties. They pressure their candidates to vote a certain way and if they don't tow the party line, they get undermined and back-stabbed.

(11-03-2017, 09:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 09:33 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: You're trying so hard.

Are you pretending to be shocked, shocked! at the thought that the DNC favored the Democrat? Imagine that.

The only thing I am shocked about is the double standard.
Double standard?

You mean like when people on this board bashed Obama for “golfing too much” but don’t say a word when it comes to Trump?

Crazy right?

(11-03-2017, 02:06 PM)Kane Wrote: The GOP did this awhile back during primaries in Iowa and possibly other states.
They actually changed votes or miscounted votes purposefully to change primary results to favor anyone other than Ron Paul who actually at the time had a bit of momentum.

Politicians are corrupt and outsiders like Paul and Sanders who want severe real change to the system get weeded out from the swamp pretty quickly. Being outspent usually and then dealing with the two-party system when they are Independent and Libertarian candidates.

Trump fought against the corrupt GOP during primaries by using social media to his advantage and fighting off every BS story and ad with his own words spoken directly to the people. He fed off the anger that crap like this causes within the US citizenry and he won because everyone knows how corrupt the Killary's of D.C. are.

This isn't surprising.. and it isn't new news... although I suppose there is some "proof" to it now with the former DNC chairwoman blowing the whistle.
Get rid of the two party system. Get rid of voting laws that prevent you from voting in one primary or another (you must be registered Republican to vote in Republican primaries).
From there the next step might be to actually get rid of the electoral college. If you aren't forced to choose between a douche bag and a [BLEEP] sandwich, the general vote could then be split among 2-3-even 4 candidates.... Majority wins. Then candidates wouldn't have to run on a DNC or GOP platform... they could just run on their ideas.

Of course... none of this would really fix the biggest problem, which isn't voting for turd after turd for POTUS... the real problem is Congress and the lack of term limits.

But getting rid of the two party system could go a long way to getting real change in DC

(11-03-2017, 11:34 AM)rollerjag Wrote: I don't think this is true at all.

Actually it is true... Most people knew Trump wasn't a super far right Christian conservative (no matter how much he touts the Christianity stuff like he lives it)
He was a liberal for most of his life and ran under GOP because he's smart enough to know who to target to get votes. 
It's why he got a lot of democrat votes from the "working class middle America" and the angry Bernie voters who knew he'd been screwed.

Trump was much more centered than the GOP wanted him to be, which was #1 reason they went after him.
You get rid of the electoral college and LA, NYC, Chicago and Miami will be choosing the president, anyone not in those cities need not vote.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 10:32 PM by MalabarJag.)

(11-04-2017, 06:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 09:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The only thing I am shocked about is the double standard.
Double standard?

You mean like when people on this board bashed Obama for “golfing too much” but don’t say a word when it comes to Trump?

Crazy right?

There were complaints about Obama vacationing during a crisis, and using a government airplane to transport his dog (solo trip) to where his family was vacationing. But I don't remember any "people on this board" complaining about his golfing.

Maybe you have a link?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

The Democrats' primary format has always been rigged. They let you think your primary vote matters but the party leaders reserve the right to put their chosen candidate in as the nominee via Superdelegates. It's actually pretty un-Democratic of them.

Brazile is just trying to capitalize on the situation now that everything fell apart and she's been outed as dishonest and corrupt. I hope no one buys her book.

(11-05-2017, 12:53 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The Democrats' primary format has always been rigged.  They let you think your primary vote matters but the party leaders reserve the right to put their chosen candidate in as the nominee via Superdelegates.  It's actually pretty un-Democratic of them.

Brazile is just trying to capitalize on the situation now that everything fell apart and she's been outed as dishonest and corrupt.  I hope no one buys her book.

But you have to admit this is marketing genius. She has Donald Trump shilling for her book!

Brilliant!
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(11-04-2017, 09:12 PM)copycat Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 02:06 PM)Kane Wrote: The GOP did this awhile back during primaries in Iowa and possibly other states.
They actually changed votes or miscounted votes purposefully to change primary results to favor anyone other than Ron Paul who actually at the time had a bit of momentum.

Politicians are corrupt and outsiders like Paul and Sanders who want severe real change to the system get weeded out from the swamp pretty quickly. Being outspent usually and then dealing with the two-party system when they are Independent and Libertarian candidates.

Trump fought against the corrupt GOP during primaries by using social media to his advantage and fighting off every BS story and ad with his own words spoken directly to the people. He fed off the anger that crap like this causes within the US citizenry and he won because everyone knows how corrupt the Killary's of D.C. are.

This isn't surprising.. and it isn't new news... although I suppose there is some "proof" to it now with the former DNC chairwoman blowing the whistle.
Get rid of the two party system. Get rid of voting laws that prevent you from voting in one primary or another (you must be registered Republican to vote in Republican primaries).
From there the next step might be to actually get rid of the electoral college. If you aren't forced to choose between a douche bag and a [BLEEP] sandwich, the general vote could then be split among 2-3-even 4 candidates.... Majority wins. Then candidates wouldn't have to run on a DNC or GOP platform... they could just run on their ideas.

Of course... none of this would really fix the biggest problem, which isn't voting for turd after turd for POTUS... the real problem is Congress and the lack of term limits.

But getting rid of the two party system could go a long way to getting real change in DC

Actually it is true... Most people knew Trump wasn't a super far right Christian conservative (no matter how much he touts the Christianity stuff like he lives it)
He was a liberal for most of his life and ran under GOP because he's smart enough to know who to target to get votes. 
It's why he got a lot of democrat votes from the "working class middle America" and the angry Bernie voters who knew he'd been screwed.

Trump was much more centered than the GOP wanted him to be, which was #1 reason they went after him.
You get rid of the electoral college and LA, NYC, Chicago and Miami will be choosing the president, anyone not in those cities need not vote.

True.

(11-05-2017, 11:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 09:12 PM)copycat Wrote: You get rid of the electoral college and LA, NYC, Chicago and Miami will be choosing the president, anyone not in those cities need not vote.

True.

Not if we get rid of the horrible two party system. Sure those largely liberal cities will boost votes for candidates like Killary. But given an option of more than 2, many votes could be spread across 4 different candidates and I don't think those major cities would own the entire election as they would for a Dem today.

The electoral college is still necessary because of the two party system, imo.

(11-06-2017, 11:42 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 11:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: True.

Not if we get rid of the horrible two party system. Sure those largely liberal cities will boost votes for candidates like Killary. But given an option of more than 2, many votes could be spread across 4 different candidates and I don't think those major cities would own the entire election as they would for a Dem today.

The electoral college is still necessary because of the two party system, imo.

Ditching the 2 party system or getting rid of political parties altogether, would be ideal. Realistically, I don't see that ever happening though.

here ya go ....  Laughing

[Image: 220px-Hillary_Clinton_official_Secretary...t_crop.jpg]

(11-04-2017, 10:30 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 06:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Double standard?

Crazy right?

There were complaints about Obama vacationing during a crisis, and using a government airplane to transport his dog (solo trip) to where his family was vacationing. But I don't remember any "people on this board" complaining about his golfing.

Maybe you have a link?

The dog story is patently false, and there were jabs here and there about Obama golfing, most parroting Trump's hypocritical criticism. But you see what you want to see, right?
- Bob Marley

(11-06-2017, 03:53 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 10:30 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: There were complaints about Obama vacationing during a crisis, and using a government airplane to transport his dog (solo trip) to where his family was vacationing. But I don't remember any "people on this board" complaining about his golfing.

Maybe you have a link?

The dog story is patently false, and there were jabs here and there about Obama golfing, most parroting Trump's hypocritical criticism. But you see what you want to see, right?

Trump is better at everything than Obama, including golf. Watch his shots from yesterday with Abe and Hideki. Pure.

(11-06-2017, 04:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 03:53 PM)rollerjag Wrote: The dog story is patently false, and there were jabs here and there about Obama golfing, most parroting Trump's hypocritical criticism. But you see what you want to see, right?

Trump is better at everything than Obama, including golf. Watch his shots from yesterday with Abe and Hideki. Pure.

Yup, he is far better at wasting taxpayers money on a golf coarse than Obama ever dreamed.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-06-2017, 04:21 PM)copycat Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 04:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump is better at everything than Obama, including golf. Watch his shots from yesterday with Abe and Hideki. Pure.

Yup, he is far better at wasting taxpayers money on a golf coarse than Obama ever dreamed.

Amazing how fiscally responsible people become when Trump is in the White House.

(11-06-2017, 03:53 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 10:30 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: There were complaints about Obama vacationing during a crisis, and using a government airplane to transport his dog (solo trip) to where his family was vacationing. But I don't remember any "people on this board" complaining about his golfing.

Maybe you have a link?

1. Even the far-Left Snopes admits that the dog flew separately from the rest of the family on a vacation trip. They excuse it by saying that the dog flew with other support staff, but claiming it was "patently false" is patently false.

2. Whatever you believe about the dog story, my statement was that that was a point of discussion. A story does not have to be true to be discussed. So ...

3. about the golfing, maybe you have a link?

(11-03-2017, 09:05 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The former interim chair of the DNC said she has evidence the primary was rigged for Hillary over Bernie.

How does this make the Bernie supporters on here feel? Why isn't this a bigger story "yet"?

Since you clearly believe what you were told to believe about this story, instead of providing links and insight, here is what really happened.

Did the DNC prefer Clinton? Sure, especially over an Independent who established his party affiliation just for a run at the Presidency. There were two agreements, one to take place if Clinton won the election, a standard agreement also offered to Sanders, the other essentially giving her campaign control over some DNC appointments and decisions during the primary season. The debate lies in whether the second agreement resulted in "rigged" primaries.
- Bob Marley