Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Reviews on Dareus are Positive

(11-03-2017, 07:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 06:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Normally at this time of year, I’d be getting ready for Terps basketball.

Instead, I’m getting amped up for our Defense every single day! They got talent, swagger, young guys and old guys. They love playing with each other and for each other. The DLine thanks the secondary and vice versa.

Not to mention we get to watch Fournette! I. Can’t. Handle. This.

For years, especially in the earlier days of the team, I wondered if this fan base could ever truly love/appreciate a defensive oriented, run first team.

I think the JDR team helped, but I think fans were more apt to turn on the team because it wasn't the most exciting offensively.

Now I don't know if it would be because the team hasn't won in such a long time, or the style of defense this team has displayed, with the apparently dominant pass rush and turnovers produced, but it would seem if this team wins, fans will love this team as much as almost any offense first team.

I don't care how the wins come they just need to happen. I don't care how exciting the offense is, I just want wins. Anyone who doesn't like watching their team's defense tear a new butthole into the opposing offense is an idiot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-03-2017, 06:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Haha. 

Considering the various combinations along that line will definitely get one all:

[Image: Agent-Smith-Evil-Laugh.gif]

There's a lot of ways to go with a "heavy" package now too. 
Imagine:  
Smoot - Jones - Dareus - Campbell

But that combo with Ngakoue at weak-end, Cambell at big-end and Jackson/Dareus in the middle? 
That's scary no matter what the down, distance and field position.

That line to close out your posts gives us size and physicality against the run and pass rush ability too.  That seems like the ideal first down defensive line. 

But if you wanted to completely rotate the DL to keep them fresh, a long yardage DL of Fowler, Day, Jones and Smoot isn't bad.

BTW, listening to the Doug Marrone show, Dareus is currently at 338.
If he retruns to pro bowl form

[Image: abr.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(11-03-2017, 07:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 06:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: That line to close out your posts gives us size and physicality against the run and pass rush ability too.  That seems like the ideal first down defensive line. 

But if you wanted to completely rotate the DL to keep them fresh, a long yardage DL of Fowler, Day, Jones and Smoot isn't bad.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-03-2017, 03:44 PM)Brett Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 03:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They were averaging around 80 yds per game vs the run (3rd in the league I think) and gave up 160+ to the jets. 

Ouch.

So maybe it is a fair assumption that his absence last night really made an impact.

Kinda wondering that myself. If it was I hope he brings that effect to our run D.

(11-03-2017, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 06:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm so stoked about this!

We legitimately have five guys capable of beating single blocking, and at least two that may require double teams.

If he provides stoutness disruptive play against the run, at minimum, we'll be in more favorable down and distance situations defensively.  As a result, we should get more sacks and more turnovers.

If he provides improved pass rush inside, the effect would be improved.

Dareus playing up to capability gives us a deeper rotation, which should enable the players to be fresher, and more effective when they do play.  I think NYCJags pointed out it could help Jackson get healthy because he would have fewer reps.

If Dareus plays up to capability, it'll cause opposing coordinators to have to adjust blocking schemes even further.  Either players will be kept in to block, or teams will run shorter patterns with shorter pass drops, which helps us.  How would their approaches differ with a DL of Ngakoue, Dareus, Jackson and Campbell vs a DL of Ngakoue, Dareus, Campbell, and Fowler vs. Fowler, Dareus, Jackson, and Campbell, etc.  The possibilities boggle the mind.

[Image: herman-cain-smile.gif]

Haha. 

Considering the various combinations along that line will definitely get one all:

Imagine:  

But that combo with Ngakoue at weak-end, Cambell at big-end and Jackson/Dareus in the middle? 

Substitute Smoot by moving Malik Jackson outside to DE and you really have something. I'm not impressed at all by Smoot. Jackson would give us a bonfide pass rusher on the outside with Campbell.

(11-03-2017, 07:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 06:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: That line to close out your posts gives us size and physicality against the run and pass rush ability too.  That seems like the ideal first down defensive line. 

If he returns to probowl form..... Teams legit might not score.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(11-03-2017, 09:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Imagine:  

Substitute Smoot by moving Malik Jackson outside to DE and you really have something. I'm not impressed at all by Smoot. Jackson would give us a bonfide pass rusher on the outside with Campbell.
I mean, Smoot is a 3rd round rookie. We are not gonna find Yannicks in the 3rd round every year.

(11-03-2017, 09:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Imagine:  

I thought he's played good in his little time on the field.  Not to mention he is a rookie that hasn't even played half a season yet

Bills are 1-1 without Dareus fools

(11-04-2017, 12:15 AM)Achilles Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 07:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: If he retruns to pro bowl form

If he returns to probowl form..... Teams legit might not score.

[Image: laughter.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-04-2017, 08:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 09:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Substitute Smoot by moving Malik Jackson outside to DE and you really have something. I'm not impressed at all by Smoot. Jackson would give us a bonfide pass rusher on the outside with Campbell.
I thought he's played good in his little time on the field.  Not to mention he is a rookie that hasn't even played half a season yet
He's only played about 120 out of roughly 400 defensive snaps. 

In that brief time I've seen him make 4 or 5 nice plays in run defense, which is why I listed him in that imaginary "heavy group."  I think he's got a good nose for the ball in the run game - and I wouldn't be surprised to see that begin to earn him more rotational snaps in base formation. 

Who knows? Maybe I'm overly optimistic about the kid.

(11-04-2017, 10:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 08:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thought he's played good in his little time on the field.  Not to mention he is a rookie that hasn't even played half a season yet
He's only played about 120 out of roughly 400 defensive snaps. 

In that brief time I've seen him make 4 or 5 nice plays in run defense, which is why I listed him in that imaginary "heavy group."  I think he's got a good nose for the ball in the run game - and I wouldn't be surprised to see that begin to earn him more rotational snaps in base formation. 

Who knows? Maybe I'm overly optimistic about the kid.
Yeah, he has definitely been better at the run than Jackson.  Learning from all these guys we have on the D line can only help his progression,  especially behind Campbell.  In a couple years I can see it being the right pick

Dareus: 1.5 sacks, 3 tackles behind the line, 3 hurries. Calling it.
Here we go again

(11-03-2017, 02:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The Bills are 0-1 without Dareus

.... very good quotes within that article

1 and 1 Smile

Didnt get a chance to catch the game.
Was he all you guys hoped?
I saw the stats, but obviously they wont tell the entire story.
His best yrs in BUFF coincided with their best D in years.
I hope that when the D is on a roll like it is, he just falls into place and that acts as a spark to a return to form.
This will be interesting to revisit after the year bc at the moment, he is still just getting used to things and might not come right out and ball out of the gate.... but as the season progresses and his time in JAX is longer hopefully he makes his presence felt.
Also, the honeymoon period will be over. I feel like IF his past issues were to follow him he would at least be smart enough to play it straight and make a good impression before being a dipsh**. If there was ever a time for him to grow up and rejuvenate - he'll never have a better opportunity than the here and now!
I wonder how he felt about Fournette being made the example rather than him for once. A smart person see that and thinks 'man, i never want that to be me ever again" Heres to hoping thats the case and hes the missing piece to the puzzle bc its sure fun to watch

He good.

(11-06-2017, 11:45 AM)Billsfan1212 Wrote: Didnt get a chance to catch the game.
I hope that when the D is on a roll like it is, he just falls into place and that acts as a spark to a return to form.
This will be interesting to revisit after the year bc at the moment, he is still just getting used to things and might not come right out and ball out of the gate.... but as the season progresses and his time in JAX is longer hopefully he makes his presence felt.
Also, the honeymoon period will be over. I feel like IF his past issues were to follow him he would at least be smart enough to play it straight  and make a good impression before being a dipsh**.  If there was ever a time for him to grow up and rejuvenate - he'll never have a better opportunity than the here and now!
I wonder how he felt about  Fournette being made the example rather than him for once. A smart person see that and thinks 'man, i never want that to be me ever again" Heres to hoping thats the case and hes the missing piece to the puzzle bc its sure fun to watch

30 rushing yards given up on the day. I’d say he helped a little bit

(11-06-2017, 11:45 AM)Billsfan1212 Wrote: Didnt get a chance to catch the game.
Also, the honeymoon period will be over. I feel like IF his past issues were to follow him he would at least be smart enough to play it straight  and make a good impression before being a dipsh**.  If there was ever a time for him to grow up and rejuvenate - he'll never have a better opportunity than the here and now!
I wonder how he felt about  Fournette being made the example rather than him for once. A smart person see that and thinks 'man, i never want that to be me ever again" Heres to hoping thats the case and hes the missing piece to the puzzle bc its sure fun to watch

He played 12 plays.  He was credited with 3 tackles, and he drew a holding penalty.  So, nice start.  Not many plays, but Cincy only had 37 plays on offense.

I was happy with what I saw of him so far. I want to see the Tv broadcast later to focus on him more closely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I forgot Cincy on had 37 plays lol. So he played 1/3 of the snaps.