Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it too early to say the "P" word?

Haven't been in the playoff discussion at this point in the season for a very very long time. Can't stifle the posters who are excited about the possibility of playoffs. We deserve the excitement and opportunity. Our season is usually over after the 4th or 5th game.. Go on and talk.. You deserve it as a fan of this team..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm looking forward to fielding the call from my ticket agent about playoff games.

With our remaining schedule - it's a real possibility.

Still a long way to go. But, fans can/should talk about anything they want (to each their own).

It's the players, coaches, etc. that'll be on the "just looking forward to the next game" "one week at a time" philosophy (rightfully so for them).

But, yeah. Playoffs are a REAL possibility. The AFC is pretty darn weak.
 The Jags are good, they have the formula that we see teams just about each year go to the Superbowl with (barring a GOAT QB like Brady playing out of his mind).
1. Awesome Defense 
2. Strong running/screen game
3. Mobile QB that's not making many mistakes  (keep it up BB!)
4. A Kicker that's nailing just about everything (so far, so good from Lambo)

If all those facets continue to play like what they've done the past few games, this team is definitely a playoff roster. 

Winning the division is absolutely possible and is their goal. But, even if they don't manage to do that, the Jags have looked terrific on the road. I could see them winning a couple road games in the playoffs as a Wildcard.  Big Grin

(11-07-2017, 09:28 AM)redalwaysajag Wrote: Publix. There.

Yooo! I just posted this, kidding around. But now i'm just rewatching (well, watching) the game. And just as Lofton says "JAGUARS FANS MIGHT AS WELL SAY IT OUT LOUD" (referring to the word "playoffs"), they showed a big Publix sign in the stadium. That's so wild. I had to share it. 1 hour and 39mins in. Its an omen. A good omen.

Go Jags ! 

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 02:55 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

I am happy with a Division Title personally. Just worries me, cause no bad teams in playoffs.

With no legitimate #1 receiver available and no real receiving TE. Beyond a wild card. Be very tough to win games.

And yes I know ya don't go to wildcard if win division.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

we have already beaten some teams I expect in the playoffs like the Steelers. I like our chances against any nonBrady team for the first round. If we get Tom tho, its gonna be a quick exit. He has had our number for decades.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I mean honestly. Has any team in the last 20 years won a super bowl with no number 1 receiver or consistent receiving TE?
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(11-07-2017, 03:01 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: I mean honestly. Has any team in the last 20 years won a super bowl with no number 1 receiver or consistent receiving TE?

Do you think Edelman and Martellus Bennett fit that bill? 

Did Owen Daniels make the difference for the broncos in 2016 at TE? 

Do you think a 32 year old Anquan Boldin + Dennis Pitta constituted some amazing combo for the Ravens in 2013? 

Did the giants beat the pats in 2008's super bowl because Amani Toomer and Kevin Boss were better than Randy Moss and Kyle Brady/Ben Watson? 

I think you are putting too much stock in this little theory. Defense wins Championships.

(11-07-2017, 03:01 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: I mean honestly. Has any team in the last 20 years won a super bowl with no number 1 receiver or consistent receiving TE?
Seattle when they throttled Denver?

This defense can make up for a TE and WR

It's never too early for a Pabst

I thought 7-9 should be the acceptable goal with 8-8 meaning things went well

thankfully, the rest of the NFL seems to be pretty mediocre all around, there is no dominant team. We should def be looking at double digit wins with the way the rest of the schedule looks now

Hoping for a home playoff game

Playoffs as a wild card 1 and done. Titans win the division.

It's never too early to grab em...

Oh playoffs?

Jags are already playing at a playoff caliber.

So when we get to the point where we actually start getting Bandwagon fans... nirvana

I've been a season ticket holder after our last playoff appearance. How does ticketing work for season ticket holders if we get a home playoff game? Do they contact you to purchase your seats..or..?
Here we go again

The only two games I could see us losing going forward would be the Chargers and Tacks. Furthermore, winning out would net us the number one seed making a run at the Super Bowl highly likely.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(11-07-2017, 06:46 PM)Preach Wrote: I've been a season ticket holder after our last playoff appearance. How does ticketing work for season ticket holders if we get a home playoff game? Do they contact you to purchase your seats..or..?

Yes they will contact you regarding purchasing your seats.  IIRC season ticket holders also have first dibs on extra tickets (I may be wrong about this... it's been a long time for me).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It is not an overreaction to think playoffs. Outside of this Chargers game, the only one I see being a true tough game is at home against the Seahawks. I think we will really see what type of team we got after this week. Chargers have played solid ball the past 4 games, especially their defense and Gordon has been running well. They were in one possession games against the Eagles and Pats. They have had two weeks to prepare. Won't be a cake walk by any means, not sure why everyone thinks it is an easy win. After this game... Kizer, Stanton, Brissett, Wilson, Savage, Beathard, and Mariota. Wilson is the only above average QB and you can add Mariota to the average list of what is left. That is an unbelievably WEAK group of QB's this team has to face going forward and I think we will see those QBs look exactly like how Brissett looked week 7 against this Jags D... LOST. 

The number one key moving forward is the most unpredictable, and that is HEALTH. This team stays healthy and continues to improve on all phases of the game (which has been happening)... then the "P" word my friends can be a reality.

The AFC seems pretty weak this year. We already beat the team sitting in the #1 seed right now on the road. Our schedule is favorable the rest of the way after the Chargers game. Titans aren't that amazing they will lose some games. It just depends on whether we go to the P as division champs or as a wild card. Either way I think we're good enough to potentially do some damage to whoever we play.
No pain, no gain.