Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lack of Ivory in the game plan

(11-14-2017, 12:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 06:59 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I played D1 college ball. Playing ball has nothing to do about it, its literal common sense. You wanna drive the Lamborghini in the snow? Pure idiot. Straight up. Let the 4nette HEAL.... appropriately... he will run his ankle in the the ground at this rate..

For some reason who the reason to bring up your past... any ATHLETE knows how an ankle works... so i brought up mine... ankles are very hard and ofcourse any nfl player wants to play for a paycheck to provide... maybe thats something you forget?.... As a coach I hope Marrone is very cautious...lose 4nette... lose it all... they would have ZERO weapons on O.... period..
You clearly didn't go to class at this "D1 college."

(11-14-2017, 12:47 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: That’s true. I just think everyone has some knicks and bruises this time of year. That’s just the game. If he honestly couldn’t play she wouldn’t be playing. So the injury thing to me is just a little over the top. It’s prolly gonna be an on going issue the remainder of the year for him. Possibly his career. Its just the sport. I remember McNair played hurt proly 10 years straight for the tacks lol. It’s just how it goes
Perryman played a HUGE role in this game. It was his first game back in a while and you can see how much better their run defense played.
He is a beast. Old school type linebacker. They exact kind of linebacker you need against Fournette

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 01:15 PM by KingIngram052787.)

Fournette is definitely hurt. He had that one catch out of the backfield where he got the first down and ran out of bounds and you could see him pull up and hobble a little bit, plus he avoided lowering his shoulder and laying the wood on the defender, which we know he usually does.

He's more injured than just your "nicks and bruises this time of the year" wear and tear, in my opinion. So, that combined with a lot of backup OL men plus a good defensive front.

Good news is, in spite of all of that we figured out a way to squeak out a W.

(11-14-2017, 06:36 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 04:20 AM)Eric1 Wrote: I dunno about far superior, but I believe he's the better back as well.

I can't see how you can draw this conclusion. Maybe in pass pro? Or coming out of the backfield, maybe. As a pure runner though? No way you take Yeldon over Ivory. That said, I hope we see more of Ivory this next game.. We are going to need it... Its going to be quite cold and windy up in Cleveland!
He's much, much better in pass pro and coming out of the backfield. I also believe at this point in their careers that TJ is also the better runner. Ivory has averaged 3.7 a clip since joining the jags. TJ has much better vision and better wiggle. Ivory seems to get the ball and slam into the backs of his offensive lineman. I think all th3 tread on his tires is catching up to him.

(11-14-2017, 06:37 AM)Geen Wrote: Yeldon is not a better runningback than Ivory.

I don't know if I am reading what you guys up there are saying wrong, but I just felt that needed to be said.

I agree. 

Everyone has their own opinions and judge things differently. But, to me, Ivory is clearly a better RB than Yeldon.

I can see a big difference in physicality and hard running style wit Ivory as compared to Yeldon. 

(* I still think Yeldon is good, and is a good #2 to LF after Ivory has moved on. But right now, I'll take Ivory)

Look...this is Fred Taylor and I played in the NFL. Ankles are NO joke!
Huh

Ivory still hasn't cracked 1,000 yards as a Jag.

(11-14-2017, 03:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Ivory still hasn't cracked 1,000 yards as a Jag.
And he never will lol

Don't care though.

(11-14-2017, 03:33 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Ivory still hasn't cracked 1,000 yards as a Jag.

Not a single RB for the Jags has since 2011 (MJD)

Yeldon is very in the passing game. He had some catches that would’ve been impressive for the WRs let alone a RB.