Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Khan Asking Fans to Be Nice

Most folks, one poster in particular who harps on them all the time, don't truly understand analytics and how they should be used in decision making.

They are mostly misused as stats - anecdotal, where the mistake is made of confusing correlation with causation.

Instead, they should only be used as a tool, an aid that should not be used for decision making based solely on any specific analytic result or results themselves.  The application of the science of analytics, is actually an art.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Analytics: since Bradley took over, we are 0-42 when the opposing team scores more than us.

#science

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote: 

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>[Image: _AgQSgFM_bigger.jpg]Tony Khan Verified account ‏@<b>TonyKhan</b>
</div>
Tony Khan Retweeted nubz

I used to have a great relationship w JagsTwitter. You guys knew that, while I don't make the calls, I'm on your side. In 2016, you got mean

Tony Khan added,

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><b>nubz</b> @J_Nubz
@<b>TonyKhan</b> why is it so hard to get along with us, Tony?
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>

That's Alfie's minions, who are horrible on twitter.

If this keeps up, it probably doesn't bode well for the franchise staying in Jax when Shad kicks the bucket

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Tony Khan ‏@TonyKhan  8m8 minutes ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:1px;">Tony Khan Retweeted nubz

I used to have a great relationship w JagsTwitter. You guys knew that, while I don't make the calls, I'm on your side. In 2016, you got mean

</div>

He should really consider just putting the Twitter aside for a bit.  I'm a little surprised he hasn't been approached by someone already to shut it down.

Quote:A little more than nerd

Yes, there was another inappropriate epithet someone threw in his direction, and I can see why he'd try to take the high road by using the "can't we all just get along" approach.  He would have been better off just ignoring it.

Quote:He also can't let one bigoted homophobic internet troll account for the whole fan base either

Agreed.  But, we're only seeing one thread  There's no telling how much of that garbage he's got thrown in his direction.

Quote:TK is going to let one moron troll him into a response?

If that's all it took to get him using blanket assumptions about the fans supporting his team, that's a problem.

Quote:Yeah, if that's real that is messed up. I don't know jack about twitter so I never know if what I'm seeing is legit or some meme.

Oh, it's legit.  Still, he needs to be above that.  Idiots and their perceived anonymity lead to them having all sorts of keyboard courage.  

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Lets take the analytical approach in finding a good Head Coach....

Hey Tony, the analytics say you should fire Bradley.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 03:03 PM by Jagwired.)

All one has to do is read the vitriol that is spewed forth from keyboards daily on this very board to imagine how his non moderated twitter must look like. I can imagine what some of the necks around here are throwing his way. I guarantee you it is not pretty.

With that said. Again, I will say that there is simply nothing to be gained by even mentioning your fan base in a negative light.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We are going to lose this team, aren't we?

I just shot out a few tweets to him. See if he responds.

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TonyKhan'>[Image: _AgQSgFM_bigger.jpg]Tony Khan <span>Verified account </span> ‏@<b>TonyKhan</b> </a>
</div>
<p class="">Tony Khan Retweeted Johnny Machiavelli

<p class="">I'm sure he's great, but shouting "HEY NERD" at me repeatedly as a catchphrase is acting like a schoolyard bully. I work hard; I want to win

<p class="">Tony Khan added,

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><b>Johnny Machiavelli</b> <span>@DUVAL_DOOM </span>
@<b>med11n</b> @<b>TonyKhan</b> The slur was uncalled for. The rest of it? C'mon man. Med is a sweetheart.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

All he's doing is asking a specific group of knuckleheads to not go overboard with him on Twitter.

Tony Khan lives in a bubble.

Shocking.

;

;

Wow, we're now officially owned like we play.............. soft............

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Twitter is a lot like high school.

Quote:All he's doing is asking a specific group of knuckleheads to not go overboard with him on Twitter.
Its more than that...

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 03:17 PM by irontrooper83.)

LOL a professional shouldn't even bother with answering those things on social networks.

This and the players calling out fans... I get the feeling many of them should just grow a thicker skin, I wonder how would they react when in a really hostile sport environment like it happens in other sports and places.

(I'm a soccer fan and I've seen what a really hostile environment can be for players around here and with teams that have had far more success than the Jaguars have)

Quote:Twitter is a lot like high school.

I've done a TON of culling this year, and considered dropping it entirely.  It's mostly garbage, which is unfortunate.  It could have been something much more useful than it's become.

Our whole team is soft. We roll over in games. Khan doesn't want to fire anybody. Gus is Gus...

Quote: 

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div>[Image: _AgQSgFM_bigger.jpg]Tony Khan Verified account ‏@<b>TonyKhan</b>
</div>
Tony Khan Retweeted Johnny Machiavelli

I'm sure he's great, but shouting "HEY NERD" at me repeatedly as a catchphrase is acting like a schoolyard bully. I work hard; I want to win

Tony Khan added,

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><b>Johnny Machiavelli</b> @DUVAL_DOOM
@<b>med11n</b> @<b>TonyKhan</b> The slur was uncalled for. The rest of it? C'mon man. Med is a sweetheart.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
At this point, someone should honestly take away his ability to tweet for a bit.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]