Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Think we'll be getting Prime Time games next year?

Yes at least 2

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My thoughts as well, I don't expect us to get as much primtime exposure as the Pats, Packers or Cowboys but I think we have already earned one primetime slot so far and will probably get a second depending on how we end the season/postseason.

I would guess that in recent history the NFL probably feels a little burned when they gave us primetime games so they will probably need to warm up to the idea.

It's too bad because if memory serves me, the most recent Thursday night games we've had were against the Titans and while those contests didn't really matter in the past it would have actually meant something if they did that this year.

Also, it is very exciting for all of us that the Jags are doing well and our national awareness is obviously on the rise but I think we need another season or two of sustained success before we can expect to see ourselves getting more than one or two nationally televised games.

Here's to hoping our window is open for a long time and that becomes a reality for us!

This team will have at least one Sunday or Monday night game next season.

If they finish the season strong and win a playoff game or two they should get more.

(12-15-2017, 11:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hosting the opening Thursday night game !!!   NICE !!!

I think our music scene here in Duval would be a little overwhelming for Jay-Z, Beyonce, Timberlake, and others.   We may need to bring out long time local Reggae band Pili Pili for the ESPN broadcast.

Hot, hot ,hot!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2017, 04:22 PM by Browntrouser.)

I bet we get A Thursday night game probably against the Titans and we will get probably a Sunday night game. For sure we get no more than two I bet. But who knows. I am not that wild about prime time games any way.

In my opinion though I think every team should have at least one prime time game. I don't care if its home or away. But each team should be represented. Side note I also think each team should have at least one Pro Bowler (unrelated I know)
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2017, 05:05 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(12-15-2017, 04:20 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: I bet we get A Thursday night game probably against the Titans and we will get probably a Sunday night game. For sure we get no more than two I bet. But who knows. I am not that wild about prime time games any way.

In my opinion though I think every team should have at least one prime time game. I don't care if its home or away. But each team should be represented. Side note I also think each team should have at least one Pro Bowler (unrelated I know)

Should every team get a mini Lombardi trophy as well?  I kid, I kid.

I think it's easier solved by removing fan voting and having a committee of former players and coaches that know what they're looking at determine who is a pro-bowler.  There are more fans of teams like the Cowboys and as such there are going to be more votes for Cowboy players than a team like the Jaguars unless you just absolutely can't deny said Jaguar player is a pro-bowler like this year where we have several guys that fit that bill.  I know fan voting only gets 10% weighting, but that's still significant enough to strip it from deserving players of smaller market teams.

Every team on Sunday Night Football this year was either a playoff team last year or close to being one. Every team that was a playoff team last year had at least 1 Sunday Night Football match up this year. If we win Sunday and secure our playoff spot, I'll be shocked if we don't play on Sunday Night Football at least once next year. My hope for that game is for it to be a home Sunday Nighter against Pittsburgh.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2017, 05:13 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(12-15-2017, 04:00 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 11:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hosting the opening Thursday night game !!!   NICE !!!

I think our music scene here in Duval would be a little overwhelming for Jay-Z, Beyonce, Timberlake, and others.   We may need to bring out long time local Reggae band Pili Pili for the ESPN broadcast.

Hot, hot ,hot!!
OMG ..... those were the days !!!  you just brought back some memories with that.

Conch House with my BAC hovering around 0.19 and a younger King Eddie and Pili Pili bringin the place down with Hot Hot Hot.  

Pats vs Jags will be Monday Night

this stadium will be rockin

Based on schedule rotation...... Jets, Pats, and Steelers will be Home games if they finish first.. Eagles and Skins will be NFC teams scheduled for HOME.. I am sure Jags will not want any of those games in London since those teams draw well as visitors. They may lobby for Jets since Jets fans do travel but not when they are bad.. I also wouldn't mind OTH if they put Texans over there since Texans fans really don't travel.. The sellout tomorrow is coming from local fans.. Last week's had help from Seahawk fans...

It's all about the money after all..

So we play IN Dallas next year and we're the only team to never play on Thanksgiving... Not to mention the Eagles game should be epic as long a sit's later in the season and Wentz is back

I’m going to go on a limb and say next years Patriots game will be a Sunday nighter.

The Jaguars could be the first superbowl winner to not have prime time games the next year.

The NFL and the national media hate us.

We will have 2 prime time games next year. At least.

We'd better get some more nationally televised games. I live in Ohio and the NFL Sunday Ticket cost a fortune. My local sports bar is a life saver, but sometimes I can't make it. It would be nice to stay home and watch some games on my recliner.

I don't give a damn honestly, just keep winning like we have been.

Super Bowl trophies don't have your schedule engraved on them.

(01-15-2018, 09:50 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: The Jaguars could be the first superbowl winner to not have prime time games the next year.

The NFL and the national media hate us.

lol ... some people actually believe that. Glad you're kidding.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

MNF - PITT @ Jags
London - Eagles (not primetime but nationally shown usually)
Possible Turkey Day game @ Cowboys
SNF - @ Chiefs
Thursday Night Season opener Jags (SB champs) hosting Pats.

You'd know the fix is in and there is a ridiculous bias against the Jaguars if they don't get at least 3 prime time games following a season where we went to the conference championship.
No pain, no gain.

(01-16-2018, 06:59 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: You'd know the fix is in and there is a ridiculous bias against the Jaguars if they don't get at least 3 prime time games following a season where we went to the conference championship.

The jaguars are a small market team that doesn't garner much interest outside of Jacksonville. They have also been terrible the last decade. They will get primetime games next year, but don't cry when we don't get as many as the Steelers, pats, or probably even the cowboys.

I hope not, night games are overrated and dumb.