Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Serious Question - Can Jags win a playoff game?

(12-24-2017, 10:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We need to keep Chargers out at all costs.

I'm just as worried about having to face the Titans to be honest. I would much rather play the Ravens or the Bills.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-24-2017, 10:53 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 10:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We need to keep Chargers out at all costs.

I'm just as worried about having to face the Titans to be honest. I would much rather play the Ravens or the Bills.

Any of those teams with bad QBs are better than LA. Phil the Thrill will carve us up like a turkey. We got lucky to beat them the first time.

(12-24-2017, 10:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 10:53 PM)Brett Wrote: I'm just as worried about having to face the Titans to be honest. I would much rather play the Ravens or the Bills.

Any of those teams with bad QBs are better than LA. Phil the Thrill will carve us up like a turkey. We got lucky to beat them the first time.

That's why I agree with you. The Chargers and Titans are the teams I least want to play.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2017, 11:01 PM by copycat.)

Yup all those back up receivers gave up 44 points today.

Keep making excuses. We got owned today. Let us hope a lesson has been learned from it. IMHO, today has shown we are a year away. I hope I am wrong.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I get people are disappointed as they have sky high expectations. Today was not a true representation of this team. We started slowly, playing soft, giving up long drives, those are so uncharacteristic of our D this season. I don't think that's how we play in a playoff game.

We are still a 10 win team with the #1 D in the league. We probably aren't going to win the SB and yes we may get a whopping in New England or Pittsburgh if we make the same mental mistakes we did today. But this is the first playoff game for 52 guys on the roster, we are still a young team, building to be a consistent AFC challenger. 

Just enjoy the crazy ride that is this season.

(12-24-2017, 10:59 PM)copycat Wrote: Yup all those back up receivers gave up 44 points today.  

Keep making excuses.  We got owned today.  Let us hope a lesson has been learned from it.   IMHO, today has shown we are a year away.  I hope I am wrong.

That's what happens in the NFL. Records don't matter. Any given Sunday.

But we won the division and will play a home playoff game here in Jax. The good news is we've earned the right to lose a game and still have a shot at a Super Bowl.

Don’t sleep on SF... that’s a completely different team with Jimmy G behind Center.

We got punched in the mouth today. No question.

But yes, this team is still fully capable of winning in the post season.

Bummed at the loss, and especially the loss of composure, but my sky isn’t remotely falling.

We lost to what’s becoming a VERY good team today.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2017, 01:16 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

1 Playoff game? probably. 2? nope.

Bortles is a problem, Hackett is a problem and we need a better O-line too.

Absolutely they can win. People need to understand this is what happens in the NFL to young teams on the road, especially after clinching playoffs last week and knowing minutes before the AFCS crown is theres. History has shown this throughout. Teams who win these games are veteran winning clubs. This team just started winning for the first time since 07, no they don't know how to win the games they "should". They aren't vets, and no they have not learned to win. Same thing with games against Jets and Cardinals. These games will happen, but I think what we have seen this season is that this team rises to the occasion in big games... like @PITT, SEA, LAC, and BAL. I don't think the team needed a game like this.. it just happens to young COCKY teams finding out how to win. Shanahan is a great offensive mind and exposed the D. Hopefully Wash and company and regroup and come up with better gameplan.

There is zero reason to panic.

They were a hot team at home with a lot of reason to be excited. Proud of how we fought back twice it was tough sledding. In the end we have to be a more mature team and stop the extracurricular garbage at the end of plays. In a pivotal drive at the end we had them backed up and needed the ball back and Myles Jack made a nice play on the sideline and got hit with an obvious taunting flag. There's a fine line between celebrating and letting some emotion out and putting your team in jeopardy because you want to make sure you have the last say in some petty argument on the field. They later went on to score and put us in a hole in which Bortles came back out now down 30-19 and threw an INT that put the D right back out there on a short field and got shredded again for a 37-19 score when it was just 23-19 with them backed up... can't do that crap. Outside of that it was a close and hard fought game so if there's nothing else to take away it's a serious wake up call to stop the chippy shenanigans on the field. You're supposed to be professionals. Our goal can't be achieved after the whistles.
No pain, no gain.

(12-24-2017, 08:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Stop the run, beat the Jags. It's a simple as that.

Titans do that pretty well. They may beat the jags 2 weeks in a row

agreed with needing the Chargers to be out.

would rather:

1. Ravens
2. Bills
3. Titans
4. Chargers

Yes, we can win a playoff game. Depends which Bortles show up. We could lose in the 1st round. We could make our 1st SB appearance.

I'd be down to play anybody besides the chargers. I think we should beat any of the other wildcard hopefuls.

Wild Card weekend (now that Pitt has pretty much won), I got faith in this team to win a game. No matter who the opponent is in the game.

The crowd is going to be electric and I think our guys are going to step up big time. Let’s go Jags.

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2017, 07:58 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

(12-24-2017, 10:59 PM)copycat Wrote: Yup all those back up receivers gave up 44 points today.  

Keep making excuses.  We got owned today.  Let us hope a lesson has been learned from it.   IMHO, today has shown we are a year away.  I hope I am wrong.

Yes but... The strip fumble called back forward progress.  The Jack unsportsman like penalty.  And humorous other plays.   

The refs were trying to give San Fran hope.

(12-25-2017, 02:43 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 08:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Stop the run, beat the Jags. It's a simple as that.

Titans do that pretty well. They may beat the jags 2 weeks in a row

Memory loss maybe?   I believe we eliminated you all from playoffs last year.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

These guys will be dialed in come playoffs time. Loses happen in the regular season.

I see them getting to the AFC championship game at minimum

(12-24-2017, 07:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Today’s loss may not have technically hurt the Jags, but it is concerning for many reasons. So the question is this: 

Do you see this team winning in the playoffs? To me, if you can’t win against a 4 win team, and your other four losses are all but one against losing teams as well, it does bode concern. Teams will watch the Jets tape, the Cards tape and this game. Maybe the rams too but to me that loss was all special teams 

The positive side may be that for whatever reason, this team just can’t win on the West Coast. And they wouldn’t be the only team with that bug biting them. Maybe this can be chalked up to that. 

I don’t know. I see a top defense. A quarterback who clearly has potential to play well. Two good lines. Those are usually recipes for success. I would like to know what others think. And no screeching. Try to be rational (yes I know that’s asking a lot).

I see this team winning at least the first play-off game in a few weeks. That 49ERS team isn't the same team that started earlier on. They've had a reversal of fortunes ever since the Jimmy G. trade and they were already on a three game winning streak. The fact that this team lost in ARZ barely and then rallied in SF only to fall short with under 2:00 minutes left IMHO is a sign that they've started to mature a bit more as far as trying to win out there on the West Coast. 

I still think this defense is a force to be reckoned with. And I think the first home play-off game will draw a tremendous turnout from the fans and the crowd will be feeding them all the energy they can consume. My only concern is the WR position and OL positions. We really could use Hurns and Lee back out there in the line up to give Bortles more options. Cole and Westbrook can offer even more than they've already done this year as rookies with the spot light and focus not on them scheming wise. 

The offensive line just has to keep holding up the best they can.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It's amazing what a difference 24 hours can make for the manic Jaguar fans on this board.

For a while now, these same fans have been talking about a deep playoff run. They do what they've been known to do throughout franchise history, going to the west coast and losing, and suddenly there's no way they win a game in the playoffs. I'd say it's embarrassing to watch how some fans react, but it's become so commonplace for the hand wringers that it's not worth the energy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-26-2017, 09:16 AM)FBT Wrote: It's amazing what a difference 24  hours can make for the manic Jaguar fans on this board.

For a while now, these same fans have been talking about a deep playoff run.  They do what they've been known to do throughout franchise history, going to the west coast and losing, and suddenly there's no way they win a game in the playoffs.  I'd say it's embarrassing to watch how some fans react, but it's become so commonplace for the hand wringers that it's not worth the energy.

Don't forget that the OC is turrible and the first round back is a bust too.  Knees flying everywhere.