Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roethlisberger says he wants another shot at Jags in playoffs

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018, 06:35 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Steve Young used to say that when the schedule was released that he used to look at where Tampa Bay was on the schedule because he hated facing that D.  I'd have to think the current QBs will do the same next year as it relates to the Jags D.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018, 07:38 PM by surfon.)

(01-02-2018, 04:16 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: I don't want to talk Pittsburgh yet, but the one and only thing I'll say is that, should we beat Buffalo, we should spend whatever it takes to practice the following week in Pittsburgh to get used to the cold, or at least close by.

They will get plenty of practice this week here in THAT weather.

(01-02-2018, 07:36 PM)surfon Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 04:16 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: I don't want to talk Pittsburgh yet, but the one and only thing I'll say is that, should we beat Buffalo, we should spend whatever it takes to practice the following week in Pittsburgh to get used to the cold, or at least close by.

They will get plenty of practice this week here in THAT weather.

Why does this site want to caps some words.  It's weird even if you go back and uncap.

Brown might not even be able to play that game
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-02-2018, 04:13 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Honestly, Bills then Steelers then the AFCCG is the best scenario for this team. Out of the 5 other teams in the playoffs we match up best with those two teams and we can just see who we get ion the Championship game. Gotta win the first two first of course.

Also, it wouldn't shock me if the Chiefs upset the Patriots. Getting a 2nd home playoff game and conference championship would be incredible. It might just rival the local enthusiasm during the unlikely 1996-97 playoff run.

(01-03-2018, 12:07 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 04:13 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Honestly, Bills then Steelers then the AFCCG is the best scenario for this team. Out of the 5 other teams in the playoffs we match up best with those two teams and we can just see who we get ion the Championship game. Gotta win the first two first of course.

Also, it wouldn't shock me if the Chiefs upset the Patriots. Getting a 2nd home playoff game and conference championship would be incredible. It might just rival the local enthusiasm during the unlikely 1996-97 playoff run.

I'd prefer this 
tacks upset chefs
Jags handle Bills
tacks upset Pats (I don't know how they do it, they just do... maybe Brady gets the Flu, or buried under the snow they are about to get)
Jags dominate squeelers.
tacks at Jags, round 3, revenge, for the SB shot.
Jags/Rams in the Superbowl (for another rematch)

pipe dreams are cool...

The Steelers have looked ridiculously vulnerable this year despite their weapons. Really, the Pats have too. If we have a good day we can play with anybody. Let's hope we rise to the challenge.

(01-02-2018, 05:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Antonio Brown will be a shell of himself coming off injury, so if we can finally stop giving up big plays on defense, we should be able to contain them.

Also, their defense isn't that great.

The only thing to worry about is the ref-bias, because it will be in FULL EFFECT so the NFL can get a NE/PIT rematch in the AFCC. The Jaguars will absolutely have to dominate this game to win.

lol ... ref bias? Really? Why are so many Jaguars fans so insecure they have to invent excuses? Before the game is even played. And old tired, cliche ones at that.

I bet you were/are a Birther.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(01-03-2018, 01:58 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Antonio Brown will be a shell of himself coming off injury, so if we can finally stop giving up big plays on defense, we should be able to contain them.

The only thing to worry about is the ref-bias, because it will be in FULL EFFECT so the NFL can get a NE/PIT rematch in the AFCC. The Jaguars will absolutely have to dominate this game to win.

lol ... ref bias? Really? Why are so many Jaguars fans so insecure they have to invent excuses? Before the game is even played. And old tired, cliche ones at that.

Keep the political crap out of here dude.

Also.. MANY people have long believed there is some insider bias involving certain NFL teams. It isn't just Jaguar fans.

(01-02-2018, 02:13 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Am I the only one that'd much rather play the Patriots? Lol

You want to play at new england where they will cut communication to the headsets and get utterly done over by the referees? No thanks

(01-03-2018, 05:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 02:13 PM)Inziladun Wrote: Am I the only one that'd much rather play the Patriots? Lol

You want to play at new england where they will cut communication to the headsets and get utterly done over by the referees? No thanks

Yeah I don't want to play against the team that gets rules changed on-the-fly to help win games.

My response to Big Ben saying he wants another shot at us:

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-03-2018, 01:58 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

Seems like you just wanted to use this term but were unable to really fit it into a post so you just randomly stated it anyway.

I’m focused on the Bills but I’d sure love to see round 2.

He's watched highlights of other qbs pickin us apart.
Well get him 2 or 3 times of we play again.
We have his number for ever now lol.
And he deserves it lol

Ben has always stunk against us. We won't see them again unless we game plan better on offense and can actually open up the run with the pass. Otherwise they'll be facing KC.
No pain, no gain.