Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Playoffs, wow...

(01-05-2018, 02:16 AM)Ronster Wrote: All you jerks that want to bring the anthem fiasco into this can kiss off. I and everyone else angry with the team/players and the NFL for their ignorant "protest" and or support of so called "protest"  have/had every right to be ANGRY; and regardless of the playoffs, if they continued their ugly political display on the field and had continued to spit in our faces; I would STILL be boycotting. And if you don't like that, too bad.
The internet never forgets.....

Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-05-2018, 02:16 AM)Ronster Wrote: All you jerks that want to bring the anthem fiasco into this can kiss off. I and everyone else angry with the team/players and the NFL for their ignorant "protest" and or support of so called "protest"  have/had every right to be ANGRY; and regardless of the playoffs, if they continued their ugly political display on the field and had continued to spit in our faces; I would STILL be boycotting. And if you don't like that, too bad.

[Image: tumblr_m835m1wVOX1qk04hlo3_500.gif]
Huh

(01-04-2018, 09:42 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 05:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: None of us on this board expected the Jags to make the playoffs. Really, 8-8 was setting the bar high after the last few years. Just crazy to be still talking football in Jan.. I think the Jags will probably win this game against the Bills, but lose the next game based off of history, but even just being in the Playoffs is pretty sweet.. Go Jaguars, I was a young Man the last time the Jaguars were in the Playoffs, well younger anyway. LOL..

PLAYOFFS BABY!!

Yeah thats the likely scenario unless we have Big Bens number again. I have a feeling Bell will get 50 carries if we play them again though. I think KC could upset NE again and we may get a 2nd home playoff game Big Grin

If that happens, those runs would all have to be outside, because Marcell Dareus would clog up things inside.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Will the OP still fly the airplane on top of the stadium that says boycott the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2018, 10:32 AM by Kane.)

(01-05-2018, 06:52 AM)Jags Wrote: https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...prediction

Due the the posts I’m seeing I thought I’d add this here to look back upon.  Like Kane I was thinking 10 wins.   Was really looking for proof before I said it.  Turns out I didn’t post in this thread or the other short thread.  Not trying to call you out Kane, but this thread you said 8 wins.

Here is the other thread. https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...prediction

All good! My memory (from age and habits) ain't what it used to be! lol (both threads have me predicting 8 wins)
But those are the prediction threads. I think I said above I didn't predict 10 wins, but expected it of this team with this talent.

I'll see if I can find it... but it may have been a BCC article I was responding to about "What are you expectations for this team/season" Which I always thought an expectation and prediction were different.
I.E. Jags players expect to win every game but I doubt any of them would predict to go undefeated.

edit: here it is lol
I dunno...
why people confuse expectation with projection or prediction…..

Last season my expectation was 8-8.
This season my expectation is 10 wins.

It is easy to predict less wins given what has happened in seasons past.

I don’t think it is too much to expect this franchise to win games when we’ve been fed this rebuilding nonsense along with a ton of other excuses.

Posted by Jagwadsstrikeagain on Jun 26, 2017 | 1:05 PM

from here, if you dare
https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/6/26/...pectations

I said 8 wins after the draft and stuck by it (aside from a two week period after the O-Line looked so inept in the preseason. I thought it may be only 6 or 7 for a minute there)

Nice to pleasantly wrong instead of the way I'm usually wrong about this team.

(01-05-2018, 02:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Claiming to abandon/boycott a team and then jumping back on the wagon when they start winning will typically get you some grief from fans that didn't jump ship. 

And if you don't like it, too bad. 

I'm messing with you, but seriously...  let's all move on from the politics in this thread folks. I don't want to dole out warnings and I'm sure we can all make an effort to direct the focus to the playoffs and the Jags triumphant return to the postseason. 

Can't wait for Sunday. You jokers better get loud with me on third down!

Ya, let's drop it, unless you are a jerk that has to get the last dig in because you are an admin. I didn't jump ship, they jumped ship on me. So spare me the self righteous indignation. I know what I did and why I did it. 

Just messing w/ ya by the way.  
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Yeah, based off of history, the Jags always lose to Pittsburgh in the playoffs. And they could never beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. No way. Besides, Big Ben wants the Jags so he can throw 5 TDs instead of 5 INTs. The history is already written.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2018, 04:17 PM by snowwolf776.)

I predicted 5-11 before the season. I was expecting 5-11. well jags did why better. i would love to see them beat the bills tommorrew. The fans in jacksonville derserve a home playoff win.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-06-2018, 04:17 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I predicted 5-11 before the season. I was expecting 5-11. well jags did why better. i would love to see them beat the bills tommorrew. The fans in jacksonville derserve a home playoff win.

It is crazy how the Jags, Bills, Titans, Rams, and Carolina all made the playoffs like we did back in the 90s.

I'm scared about tomorrow. Someone tell me something good lol.

(01-06-2018, 09:30 PM)BklynJag Wrote: I'm scared about tomorrow. Someone tell me something good lol.

We are going to play the tacks in the AFC Championship game. It's destiny. LOL
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-06-2018, 09:30 PM)BklynJag Wrote: I'm scared about tomorrow. Someone tell me something good lol.
Pizza. Boobs. Tacos. Die Hard. Free beer.

Just off the top of my head.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 01:00 AM by Ronster.)

(01-06-2018, 09:35 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

We are going to play the tacks in the AFC Championship game. It's destiny. LOL

lol... deja vu... I was at  that last game (AFC Championship) against the Titans.... Halftime, the Jags were up, I went down for food at halftime and Titans scored on first possession back from break and they never looked back.... I was talking so much smack to Titan fans during the game. I was a bartender at Fridays and had to work after the game. I bet another bartender that if the Titans lost, he would have to wear a Jags jersey and I a tacks one. What a horrible day, and on top of that I had to wait on some fans I talked smack to during the game that were in town from Nashville...

sigh...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Be interesting to see how Bortles plays tomorrow, all the cry babies on here wanting a prime time game well here you go.

Hopefully we'll see Bortles taking a knee at the end of the game.

I think most people thought we were about a true talent .500 team then give or take a few wins depending on schedule and health...and it just so turns out we faced a super easy schedule and were healthier than most teams. Makes sense to me.

Maybe Big Ben will have nightmares about what happened last game. The last time he played the Jags he was ready to quit football. Maybe the Jags D is in his head..

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 07:48 PM by jjgator.)

(01-07-2018, 07:43 PM)Ronster Wrote: Maybe Big Ben will have nightmares about what happened last game. The last time he played the Jags he was ready to quit football. Maybe the Jags D is in his head..

Let's hope so. Hopefully he tries to do too much(or too little) and is forced into making mistakes. He did say after the game maybe he doesn't have 'it' anymore. If a QB like Big Ben says this someone got into his head.

Dudes, Dudettes... One game, on freaking game away from the Super Bowl. I was the last Championship game here in Jax against TN. I was 30, I am now 48. These games do not happen a lot down here. This is big, HUGE. You couldn't write a storyline like this. The Jags were what, 3-13 last year? And now they are ONE FREAKING GAME away from the FREAKING SUPER BOWL!!!

I'll say it again, wow...