Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Offensive game plan vs. Pitt.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 07:57 PM by copycat.)

I hate to say it but if we are to win next week Fournette needs to sprain his ankle tomorrow walking into the building. I don't know why Hackett can't call the same game plan when LF is in the game as he does when he is out. Attack the freaking D dangit
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Remember this? History wii repeat.

https://youtu.be/bAj9leCWiHg

more passes on 1st down and more runs out of shotgun

Not running LF27 up the gut on 1st down would help.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 08:27 PM by jagherd.)

We don't like it,, but there's a reason we're seeing the offensI've gameplan the way it is.

All these ex-QBs, coaches, and analysts after the game know what they're talking about:
Teams are gonna do their best to make Bortles be the one to beat then by shutting down the run game and screen game by stacking boxes.
There's a reason talking heads like Esiason say "if he plays like he did today we'll see Eli Manning in a Jags jersey next year."
I about fell out of my chair when he said that,, geez.

After today, you can absolutely BET that Pitt will also have a plan to keep Bortles from running wild like he did today (if they succeed or not, we'll see).

Bortles is gonna have to play much better with his passing game. He's capable, we've seen it before. But, until we see it again, the offense is gonna look anemic.

The defense will have to play lights out again  (just like they did today and against Tenn.

I hope we see another super secret play where Blake takes the snap, puts ball on the ground, picks it back up and runs for 20 yards. That play just works.

Just win baby

Run the ball, screen, play action Bortles run.

(01-07-2018, 08:14 PM)badger Wrote: I hope we see another super secret play where Blake takes the snap, puts ball on the ground, picks it back up and runs for 20 yards.  That play just works.

LOL! !

I went from cursing to cheering in a blink of an eye on that one.

We got back Bortles the pub dart thrower. Swirling wins weren't the half of it. Guy is a super nervous nelly. Everything gets to him. Honestly are we sure it was him in those 3 wins in December?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We can beat them straight up. The offense wasn't even good when we beat them 30-9. Big Ben just folds like a Bills table against the Jaguars. He is going to have to revisit that 5 INT performance all week long.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 09:26 PM by TJBender.)

Quit force feeding Fournette, stop throwing passes at him, stop throwing screens to your starting tight end/backup offensive tackle, and let Blake air it out. You're not going to convince me that Hurns/Lee on the outside are worse than the Cole/Westbrook combo he was lighting it up with a few weeks ago. And if they are, play Cole and Westbrook more. This offense was better than functional for a while there. It was pretty damn good. What changed, why, and how does it get fixed before we go to Pittsburgh?

I think this team would actually benefit from letting Blake play gunslinger a bit. The only times he really looked comfortable today were when things broke down and he got to move around and use his legs. Build in more plays designed to get him moving around and creating options by drawing the defense to where he is.

They already gave the fans a home playoff win. Ya got nothing to lose. Play sandlot football and make Pitt fans eat their towels

(01-07-2018, 09:26 PM)TJBender Wrote: Quit force feeding Fournette, stop throwing passes at him, stop throwing screens to your starting tight end/backup offensive tackle, and let Blake air it out. You're not going to convince me that Hurns/Lee on the outside are worse than the Cole/Westbrook combo he was lighting it up with a few weeks ago. And if they are, play Cole and Westbrook more. This offense was better than functional for a while there. It was pretty damn good. What changed, why, and how does it get fixed before we go to Pittsburgh?

I think this team would actually benefit from letting Blake play gunslinger a bit. The only times he really looked comfortable today were when things broke down and he got to move around and use his legs. Build in more plays designed to get him moving around and creating options by drawing the defense to where he is.

But will that happen, though! Hackett just can't get out of that run in the middle on 1st, run in the middle on 2nd, or the occasional screen pass to a TE who runs backwards and gets tackled for a 3-yard loss, or a perfectly-thrown ball to a fullback who drops the ball, and then pass on 3rd down. What imagination! Like someone said earlier, when 27 is out, he has always been more imaginative, why can't he just be as imaginative with 27 in the game? It's like all he knows is to run 27 up the middle where of course one of 9 guys can get him before he gets going. Start out throwing the ball down field on Sunday and BB5 will be okay. At least the Bills threw the ball down field, and every now and then, even threw a deeper ball than 2 yards, WOW, what a concept.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 04:17 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

All I ask for is no more screens, no more running into 8 and 9 man boxes, and keep this running with Bortles going. Maybe not as much, but having him run a little keeps the defense honest. We need to get Fournette to the outside by throwing in some more toss plays and hopefully have the ability to play action. But we have to score TDs against Pittsburg if we're going to beat them. If our offense plays like they played in Sunday, we're going fishing early; plain and simple.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Will the real Fournette please show up this Sunday

Gameplan has to be like the TD scoring drive from Sunday.

Play action and throw over the top of the linebackers. Take some shots down field. Run on 2nd down but not just runs up the middle. On defense, play man to man with Telvin/Jack spying Bell out the backfield. If there was ever a time for Fournette to play like he did earlier in the season, it's now. He is going to need to rush for 125, Bortles throws for 200 and the offense scores 3 TDs for them to win.

Clearly they'll have to call a bit more of an aggressive offensive game to beat pittsburgh.

Defensively - just focus on Bell and let your pass rush and secondary do what it does against the pass.

That's basically it.

(01-09-2018, 12:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Clearly they'll have to call a bit more of an aggressive offensive game to beat pittsburgh.  

Defensively - just focus on Bell and let your pass rush and secondary do what it does against the pass.

That's basically it.
And that's your ball game. Stop Bell and force Ben to throw on 3rd and 7+.

Bortles doesn't turn it over and hits on some big PA throws.

I think not having TJ Yeldon (who is our best pass protect running back) hurt us against the Bills. Let's hope he recovers from his illness. If he does, utilizing him and Cory Grant more will be key, in my opinion.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."