Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Wildcard Round

Paid attendance yesterday was 69,224 BTW.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2018, 11:15 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: The stadium was jam packed and very lively! Who knows... maybe by some miracle we get another home game.

That would mean Tennessee at home. I do not like that idea. I would ALMOST rather play NE in NE than have anything to do with the Titans again, home or away, in the AFCCG. Another home playoff game would be ridiculous though!

Oh no, I really want to play the Tacks again. I’d love to shove it in their face when it actually matters

(01-07-2018, 10:52 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Deion Sanders speaking the truth on Fournette just now. Saying he's not hitting it like he was early on.

Yup, I seen that and couldn't agree more with Deion. Fournette simply has not been the same since he retweaked that ankle against the Rams. Deion called him the tip toe bandit and that is spot on.

Prior to the Rams game he was flat out hitting the hole and going. Ever since then he has been trying to dance, spin, or side step his way through the line.

I really hope it's just the long rookie season these guys deal with, as well as the ankle injury that he had (I guess the best case is that it was a carry over ankle injury and he just didn't have the full time to heal up) that contributed too his struggles throughout the season.

(01-08-2018, 05:33 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Paid attendance yesterday was 69,224 BTW.

I was sitting at home with the flu and therefore unable to attend.  But from watching on TV, this game was a HUGE victory for the city of Jacksonville and the fans.   That place was packed and LOUD.   If anyone DVR'ed the game,  just play the part where the referee announces after review that Ramsey's interception stands.   That is his microphone picking up the crowd reaction.  

There should be a lot of new season ticket holders next year, because that looked like so much fun to be there.

(01-08-2018, 07:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:33 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Paid attendance yesterday was 69,224 BTW.

I was sitting at home with the flu and therefore unable to attend.  But from watching on TV, this game was a HUGE victory for the city of Jacksonville and the fans.   That place was packed and LOUD.   If anyone DVR'ed the game,  just play the part where the referee announces after review that Ramsey's interception stands.   That is his microphone picking up the crowd reaction.  

There should be a lot of new season ticket holders next year, because that looked like so much fun to be there.

Get better, Marty.

Sad to hear you missed the game.  That atmosphere was unreal.  As I said...people stood for the entire game.

Considering the game itself was generally low scoring and uneventful without the various momentum swings that accompany most games, it was a pretty raucous atmosphere.  I could only imagine how loud it would have been had those momentum swings had been present in that game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Great points as usual Bullseye.

Call me a fool but I'd like to add that I think we missed Yeldon on those 3rd down situations quite a bit.
In pass protection he's easily the best RB (and the one Blake trusts the more when it comes to that) we have and I remember in the first half a couple of situations where Ivory just blocked horribly and because of that Bortles had to throw that split second earlier that didn't allow him to connect with Westbrook on the crossing routes.
I hope that in addition to a better offensive gameplan next week Yeldon will be available, we'll need everyone's help against Pittsburgh.

(01-08-2018, 05:57 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 10:52 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Deion Sanders speaking the truth on Fournette just now. Saying he's not hitting it like he was early on.

Yup, I seen that and couldn't agree more with Deion. Fournette simply has not been the same since he retweaked that ankle against the Rams. Deion called him the tip toe bandit and that is spot on.

Prior to the Rams game he was flat out hitting the hole and going. Ever since then he has been trying to dance, spin, or side step his way through the line.

I really hope it's just the long rookie season these guys deal with, as well as the ankle injury that he had (I guess the best case is that it was a carry over ankle injury and he just didn't have the full time to heal up) that contributed too his struggles throughout the season.

I think the problem is the linebackers immediately shoot the gaps and there's a huge number of defenders in the way.   There are more tacklers than blockers.   The linebackers are not taking the threat of the pass seriously at all.   We absolutely must throw the ball over the linebackers to get them to back up.

(01-07-2018, 08:14 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: On TV the announcers said that since Buffalo touched the ball but didn't control it on on that risky punt Westbrook fielded before he grabbed it, it would've been Jags ball even if he fumbled it. Some weird rule.

That is correct.  It's a weird rule.  It's been like that for a long time.  Once the kicking team touches the ball the offense can't lose the ball.  Kudos to Westbrook for knowing the rule (at least I hope he did).
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I thought Myles Jack played an outstanding game.
Had 3 big plays..

1) Tipped pass that Colvin eventually intercepted
2) A pass breakup where his elbow slammed into the jaw of the Bills TE
3) Sack

(01-08-2018, 10:18 AM)Teal Curtain Wrote: I thought Myles Jack played an outstanding game.
Had 3 big plays..

3) Sack
That sack. Fowler’s hustle when he tackled Taylor on 3rd down (the play where Taylor got hurt). Ramsey’s pick we’re the 3 biggest plays of the game IMO. Fowler was pinned down, threw the guy off his back, got up and then tackled Taylor. Awesome.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 10:52 AM by Bullseye.)

(01-08-2018, 10:18 AM)Teal Curtain Wrote: I thought Myles Jack played an outstanding game.
Had 3 big plays..

3) Sack

I agree completely with this.

Although I did not realize he was the one that tipped the pass to Colvin, those other two plays were huge.  This was probably one of Jack's biggest games.

(01-08-2018, 09:04 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://twitter.com/RandyScottESPN/statu...10336?s=17

I will find a way to make that a gif.   Banana Big Grin

(01-08-2018, 08:39 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Great points as usual Bullseye.

Call me a fool but I'd like to add that I think we missed Yeldon on those 3rd down situations quite a bit.
In pass protection he's easily the best RB (and the one Blake trusts the more when it comes to that) we have and I remember in the first half a couple of situations where Ivory just blocked horribly and because of that Bortles had to throw that split second earlier that didn't allow him to connect with Westbrook on the crossing routes.
I hope that in addition to a better offensive gameplan next week Yeldon will be available, we'll need everyone's help against Pittsburgh.

I won't call you a fool on this point because I agree that we missed Yeldon.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 10:55 AM by MoJagFan.)

(01-08-2018, 10:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
Had 3 big plays..

3) Sack

I agree completely with this.

Although I did not realize he was the one that tipped the pass to Colvin, those other two plays were huge.  This was probably one of Jack's biggest games.

(01-08-2018, 09:04 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://twitter.com/RandyScottESPN/statu...10336?s=17

(01-08-2018, 08:39 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Great points as usual Bullseye.

I won't call you a fool on this point because I agree that we missed Yeldon.

Best part of that shot is Coughlin taking notes.

(01-08-2018, 05:47 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 11:15 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: The stadium was jam packed and very lively! Who knows... maybe by some miracle we get another home game.

That would mean Tennessee at home. I do not like that idea. I would ALMOST rather play NE in NE than have anything to do with the Titans again, home or away, in the AFCCG. Another home playoff game would be ridiculous though!

Heck I don't want to play in the cheaters home field.  We would have communication issues and the Brady rules against us.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Was an awesome game to be at live.. I thought the D had to play zone more and do more of a contain rush because of taylors running ability. I think vs pitt we will see relentless rush with man to man coverages since ben aint running like taylor

I like our chances but blake has to be better

For fournette I felt there was very little room being made for him to run. Contstant 8 man boxes and not muvh being opened up. I wish we would get him more toss and sweep and misdirection opportunities

(01-08-2018, 11:52 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Was an awesome game to be at live.. I thought the D had to play zone more and do more of a contain rush because of taylors running ability. I think vs pitt we will see relentless rush with man to man coverages since ben aint running like taylor

For fournette I felt there was very little room being made for him to run. Contstant 8 man boxes and not muvh being opened up. I wish we would get him more toss and sweep and misdirection opportunities

I don't put it all on Blake.

We need improvement from Fournette and the running game to win.

DVR'ed the game. On the near-pick broken up by Westbrook it looks like BB5 is saying to himself, "What the f@#k are you doing!"

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 12:47 PM by Scarecrow.)

Had 3 big plays..

3) Sack

Myles Jack impressed me yesterday.  He had several big plays and was all over the field.  His speed and athletic ability is a nice addition to the defense.  He's relentless!

(01-08-2018, 12:43 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: DVR'ed the game.  On the near-pick broken up by Westbrook it looks like BB5 is saying to himself, "What the f@#k are you doing!"

I noticed a few moments of frustration from Bortles.  A few of the mistakes were him and bad passes but there were a few plays that could have been made for him that weren't.  That route by Westbrook looked poorly run leaving him on the outside and letting Tre White have a chance at the ball.  LF27 dropping that pass where he had good room to run was another one.

(01-08-2018, 11:52 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Was an awesome game to be at live.. I thought the D had to play zone more and do more of a contain rush because of taylors running ability. I think vs pitt we will see relentless rush with man to man coverages since ben aint running like taylor

They called a counter play and the Bills Linebackers were just absolutely Teeing off and run blitzing constantly.  So even the counter play was snuffed out.  For all of you at the game, cool locker room video immediately after the game on TV showed the coach giving a game ball to the fan and city of Jacksonville for long suffering support.  Was very cool.  The locker room was happy but subdued.  I think mentally the team has the ability going forward.  We just really need to get a rhythm going for Bortles some way.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-08-2018, 10:48 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohc1gD4dz.../giphy.gif
[Image: giphy.gif]