Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looks like Ritchie Incognito has not changed

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 03:18 PM by JackCity.)

(01-08-2018, 02:46 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 11:36 AM)Kcirred Wrote: Lol at these Duval rednecks in the thread defending incognito.

Hypocrite. 

Do you really believe he said something obviously racist in front of his teammates? Yannick probably heard something and inferred racism. Until he comes out and says what he heard, which sounds like the right thing to do if he’s going to make those allegations, then we’ll never know.

(01-08-2018, 11:49 AM)JackCity Wrote: Easy for you to say.

Why is that easy for him?

Because it's easy to say "Not a big deal to me" when it uhh it didn't happen you.

(01-08-2018, 09:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 06:15 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Incognito is just a bad person. Period. What I don't understand is how he could use racial slurs, when he is on a team where he himself, is the minority? If I was his teammate and heard him making those comments, I'd knock his teeth out. He is a locker room cancer and a disease to society.

I don't think anyone should knock anyone else's teeth out because of something they say.  That's a ridiculous escalation of the situation.

Depends on the situation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

"Weak racial slurs" could mean literally anything.

Incognito is a [BLEEP], but I SERIOUSLY doubt he would do this in a game after what has already happened to him, he would be risking his career in the NFL being over for good doing it a 2nd time. There are 22 other guys that can hear him, and 11 of those guys are his teammates who are majority black. I would bet this was just some normal trash talking and he said "boy" or something like that and it got taken as instantly racist since its from Incognito.

(01-08-2018, 11:36 AM)Kcirred Wrote: Lol at these Duval rednecks in the thread defending incognito.

And this comment makes you just as big of a piece of [BLEEP] as Icognito.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

While I am obviously going to lean towards believing Yannick over Incognito it is interesting that no other jaguars player heard it and some didn't even know about it. Theres like 20 parabolic mics all around the field so if it happened im sure the NFL can find it.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 03:56 PM by B2hibry.)

(01-08-2018, 03:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: While I am obviously going to lean towards believing Yannick over Incognito it is interesting that no other jaguars player heard it and some didn't even know about it.  Theres like 20 parabolic mics all around the field so if it happened im sure the NFL can find it.

Not to mention the Jags players mic’d up. Heck, I think Dareus was lined up over him most of the game and he is featured on Jags website for being Mic’d.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-08-2018, 03:55 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 03:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: While I am obviously going to lean towards believing Yannick over Incognito it is interesting that no other jaguars player heard it and some didn't even know about it.  Theres like 20 parabolic mics all around the field so if it happened im sure the NFL can find it.

Not to mention the Jags players mic’d up. Heck, I think Dareus was lined up over him most of the game.

On the flip side Yannick doesn't strike me as a guy to just say and do things for effect. He's a pretty serious guy and I can't imagine him making something up.  

Abry said he thinks it's because of Incognitos past and Yannick took something a certain way.

(01-08-2018, 06:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Not a big deal to me.  Just trash talk, trying to get under an opponent's skin.

Calling someone the N word is not trash talk. Not even a little bit. 

As for Incognito, if it's true and not just Yannick getting pissy it will come to light and be dealt with. With Incognito's history it's a given the NFL will investigate.

The only thing that makes me second guess all this is the #IaintJonathanMartin part. Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone really remember the name of the guy that got picked on?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

If you are going to call out someone for racial slurs you should really address what it is he said.

(01-08-2018, 04:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 06:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Not a big deal to me.  Just trash talk, trying to get under an opponent's skin.

Calling someone the N word is not trash talk. Not even a little bit. 

As for Incognito, if it's true and not just Yannick getting pissy it will come to light and be dealt with. With Incognito's history it's a given the NFL will investigate.

Yan said the terms were related to his African heritage, not the N word necessarily. That jibes with the Asian remarks about Martin's mom from the event in Miami, and makes me think it's legit.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-08-2018, 09:06 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: I have to hear more than one guy saying it before I believe one man. There is a change that Richie beat of Yanick on a few plays and Yanick didn't like it so he is pulling ghosts out of the closet.

We've never seen Ngakoue make false accusations before.  I'm siding with him and not the punk, racist liar.

It's 2017. In a professional setting "Brotha" "Homie" or even "thug, or posse" are words white people can't use to describe a black person. It's just not acceptable. I don't know what he actually said, but if he kept calling him "boy" I could see how it would be a problem with out saying the n word.

But I also agree that if you're going to call someone out for something that people think is pretty serious, you should say what they said.
s
;

;

(01-08-2018, 07:34 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote: It's 2017.  In a professional setting "Brotha" "Homie" or even "thug, or posse" are words white people can't use to describe a black person.  It's just not acceptable.   I don't know what he actually said, but if he kept calling him "boy" I could see how it would be a problem with out saying the n word.

But I also agree that if you're going to call someone out for something that people think is pretty serious, you should say what they said.

What time zone are you in?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 08:17 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Agreed. Yannick is giving a blueprint how to get in his head by doing this. Should have let it go.

(01-08-2018, 03:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl.../506197882

So literally no one else around Yannick, including his Jaguar teammates, thought incognito said something racist? Yannick is coming off bad on this one.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Calais mentioned in his locker room video from today that the entire Bills o line started to say things to try and force a 15 yard penalty. He went on to say how during the season at times it got to people on the team and it has worked so it was very important to play within the whistles and that's it. I got no idea what was said but it sounds to me that maybe he was poking fun at Yannicks actual name, and he took offense to it. Regardless props to him and the rest of the defense for staying smart and not allowing talk to hurt the team via penalities.

My theory is that he actually said it. Considering how hot headed our defense has been with a penchant for stupid penalties and extracurriculars ill bet incognito and the bills front were all on the same page and decided to say it to see if they could draw a penalty and swing the game in their favor. If it didnt work then have the LT dawkins whos black come out and make the statement that it wasnt true and "id be the first one to let him know it isnt ok" thus if the nfl investigates it pours water on the situation and would draw no discipline from the nfl. I hope someone was micd up and got the filth he was spewing recorded bc if true that punk deserves a lifetime ban.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-08-2018, 08:46 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Calais mentioned in his locker room video from today that the entire Bills o line started to say things to try and force a 15 yard penalty. He went on to say how during the season at times it got to people on the team and it has worked so it was very important to play within the whistles and that's it. I got no idea what was said but it sounds to me that maybe he was poking fun at Yannicks actual name, and he took offense to it. Regardless props to him and the rest of the defense for staying smart and not allowing talk to hurt the team via penalities.

This makes the most sense and would explain the comment about his ancestry.

(01-08-2018, 06:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 04:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Calling someone the N word is not trash talk. Not even a little bit. 

Yan said the terms were related to his African heritage, not the N word necessarily. That jibes with the Asian remarks about Martin's mom from the event in Miami, and makes me think it's legit.

(01-08-2018, 10:52 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 08:46 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Calais mentioned in his locker room video from today that the entire Bills o line started to say things to try and force a 15 yard penalty. He went on to say how during the season at times it got to people on the team and it has worked so it was very important to play within the whistles and that's it. I got no idea what was said but it sounds to me that maybe he was poking fun at Yannicks actual name, and he took offense to it. Regardless props to him and the rest of the defense for staying smart and not allowing talk to hurt the team via penalities.

This makes the most sense and would explain the comment about his ancestry.

This makes the most sense, especially when considering:

Quote:The Jaguars defensive end said he didn't recall the use of the "N-word." 

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I do find it funny that the argument of nobody else heard it makes it not true stance. It's a football field and there are many times where the two had one on one interaction where he could have easily said it so that nobody else heard it. He wouldn't have to yell.