Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Message to the Coaching Staff

(01-08-2018, 11:18 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 09:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If the offense plays like they did Sunday against Pitt, you really think they will win?

No one cares how they win but just that they win. It’s also not hard to see that the offense needs to be better in order to beat a better team.

No. Pittsburgh is a different game plan than Bills. Why would you compare the two? You think NFL coaching staffs have the same game plan 2 weeks in a row? Message board fans are hilarious.

You are confusing execution with game plan. 

The poster you are quoting and mistakenly insulting clearly is indicating lack of player execution. 
 "If the offense plays like it did..." 

Everyone knows that there will be a different gameplan for Pittsburgh. 
I mean, they only let Bortles throw it 14 times the last time they met. Obviously this staff approaches each team differently.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2018, 09:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If the offense plays like they did Sunday against Pitt, you really think they will win?

No one cares how they win but just that they win. It’s also not hard to see that the offense needs to be better in order to beat a better team.

No. Pittsburgh is a different game plan than Bills. Why would you compare the two? You think NFL coaching staffs have the same game plan 2 weeks in a row? Message board fans are hilarious.

I agree that coaches should be trusted to concoct better game plans than message board posters like me, however:

A.  A different game plan doesn't mean an effective game plan.

B.  Even assuming an effective game plan doesn't mean it will be executed effectively by the players.

Bottom line is irrespective of the reasons, the offense needs to improve for us to win next Sunday, much less win it all.  As good as the defense is, it still needs help from the offense.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This goes against almost every rule in the book, but i think the coaching staff has to take a hard look at starting Henne. Yes i know he sucks too and is not mobile, but can he atleast complete a pass down the field? Yesterday was absolutely brutal. Bortles was missing easy throws, less than 5 yards and his accuracy was attrocious. Hopefully Blake can find some magic from a few weeks back, or this team is in trouble come Sunday and i have to imagine Henne will see action if Blake plays the same.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

Reading comprehension is hard for some people I guess.

Of course the gameplan will be different but Blake missed at least 8 easy throws yesterday. Doesn’t matter what the gameplan is next Sunday, if Blake can’t hit passes accurately (including 5 yard outs) this team will lose.

He was jittery and nervous yesterday. He missed throws and had 3 throws almost picked off. He has to play better to win.

(01-08-2018, 11:41 AM)Adub28 Wrote: This goes against almost every rule in the book, but i think the coaching staff has to take a hard look at starting Henne. Yes i know he sucks too and is not mobile, but can he atleast complete a pass down the field? Yesterday was absolutely brutal. Bortles was missing easy throws, less than 5 yards and his accuracy was attrocious. Hopefully Blake can find some magic from a few weeks back, or this team is in trouble come Sunday and i have to imagine Henne will see action if Blake plays the same.

You're kidding right?  Take a hard look at starting Henne?  Wow.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-08-2018, 11:41 AM)Adub28 Wrote: This goes against almost every rule in the book, but i think the coaching staff has to take a hard look at starting Henne. Yes i know he sucks too and is not mobile, but can he atleast complete a pass down the field? Yesterday was absolutely brutal. Bortles was missing easy throws, less than 5 yards and his accuracy was attrocious. Hopefully Blake can find some magic from a few weeks back, or this team is in trouble come Sunday and i have to imagine Henne will see action if Blake plays the same.
I'm sorry but this post is absolutely moronic.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Yeah Bortles wasn't throwing a lot of 10yd+ balls. Do you think it's the fact that he was getting pressured, or that our receivers aren't getting open?
Here we go again

(01-08-2018, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You cannot run the ball into an 8 or 9 man front.  You must throw the ball in that situation and back them out of there. 

These are playoff teams.  You can't say, "We're going to run the ball anyway."  Running the ball into an 8 or 9 man front results in 2nd and 12 or 2nd and 14.   Do yourself a favor, and throw the ball on first down, especially when the defense lines up to stop the run. 

As the season goes on, I see more and more linebackers shooting the gaps and fubar-ing the running game.  They're not hesitating.   They're not reading the play.   They are selling out to stop the run, and you cannot make running yardage against that kind of defense. 

THROW THE BALL!

What if our coaches are changing their strategy to coincide with your recommendations BUT the Steelers coaches are initiating counter-strategies as a result of this post?

We need to implement a secure process so opposing coaches cannot access this site.  

This is probably how Belichick gets all of his insight.

(01-08-2018, 12:49 PM)Preach Wrote: Yeah Bortles wasn't throwing a lot of 10yd+ balls. Do you think it's the fact that he was getting pressured, or that our receivers aren't getting open?

It is a between the ears issue.  The game pressure got to the guy.  It looked like early in the season all over again with him throwing darts and aiming the throws.  You miss short passes when you are throwing the ball like a pub dart.  I don't know what they are going to do this week to get him calm and collected but something needs to happen.  Guys confidence was shattered by 2 games and it showed up big time yesterday.

I guess the big secret is out that 25 percent of the playbook was indeed modified for yesterday's game.  Too bad instead of expanding it they contracted it down.  Despite what I just typed out..  it isn't all on Bortles to a degree because there was definitely some miscommunication on some WR routes and one with Lee was nearly picked.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Throw the ball deep.

Scramble at will.

Give the ball to the hottest running back.

Keep the Steelers offense off the field.

I want Romo as OC next season. I could have listen to this guy for 10 hours talking about football.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 01:52 PM by jagherd.)

(01-08-2018, 12:49 PM)Preach Wrote: Yeah Bortles wasn't throwing a lot of 10yd+ balls. Do you think it's the fact that he was getting pressured, or that our receivers aren't getting open?

Respectfully,  no.

All I've heard by analysts/ex-players on sports shows last night and today is:

- Blake Bortles should be the backup RB, not a starting QB
- Blake Bortles doesn't know where the ball is gonna go after he releases it,, watch his body language
- Blake Bortles is playing AWFUL
- Eli Manning will be wearing a Jags jersey next season
- The coaches tried  to give him a couple easy throws and he couldn't even do that

It goes on and on. NFL Live and CBS are just drilling the guy.

Look, when Bortles is playing as terrible as he is in the passing game,, what in the world are the coaches suposed to do?

They have to extremely simplify it and rely on the superb defense and a mistake-free special teams to win a game.

What are they supposed to do? Should they go ahead and turn the gameplan for Bortles into a "Tebow-esque" Type of thing?
I suspect we'll see much of the same type of game plan in Pitt if Bortles struggles early with some basic throws.

Man,, Bortles is gonna have to look really good next weekend for alot of this media bashing to stop.

(01-08-2018, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You cannot run the ball into an 8 or 9 man front.  You must throw the ball in that situation and back them out of there. 

These are playoff teams.  You can't say, "We're going to run the ball anyway."  Running the ball into an 8 or 9 man front results in 2nd and 12 or 2nd and 14.   Do yourself a favor, and throw the ball on first down, especially when the defense lines up to stop the run. 

As the season goes on, I see more and more linebackers shooting the gaps and fubar-ing the running game.  They're not hesitating.   They're not reading the play.   They are selling out to stop the run, and you cannot make running yardage against that kind of defense. 

THROW THE BALL!

My take is the Jaguars coaches definitely see what you are seeing. But at least in yesterday's game, they either didn't have confidence to throw the ball much and/ or they felt that the only way the Bills could realistically win the game was off turnovers ( barring major Special Teams breakdowns ).  As it turned out,  the Jaguars avoided turning the ball over and only gave up 3 points.

(01-08-2018, 01:04 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: I want Romo as OC next season. I could have listen to this guy for 10 hours talking about football.

I want him at DC because he seems to always know what play is coming next.

THROW THE BALL!

I watched the game at my in-law's house with my father-in-law and he kept saying, why do they keep doing the run, pass, pass? Why do they keep going up the middle? I told him that's just how we roll from time to time. He's a Panthers fan so he's used to a different kind of game. He was happy we won but agreed it was an ugly win. It's very frustrating to know we can do better than this, but we won and it's in the books so I'm not going to complain too much.

(01-08-2018, 12:55 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:

It is a between the ears issue.  The game pressure got to the guy.  It looked like early in the season all over again with him throwing darts and aiming the throws.  You miss short passes when you are throwing the ball like a pub dart.  I don't know what they are going to do this week to get him calm and collected but something needs to happen.  Guys confidence was shattered by 2 games and it showed up big time yesterday.

I guess the big secret is out that 25 percent of the playbook was indeed modified for yesterday's game.  Too bad instead of expanding it they contracted it down.  Despite what I just typed out..  it isn't all on Bortles to a degree because there was definitely some miscommunication on some WR routes and one with Lee was nearly picked.

It also looked really windy on TV which can hobble a great QB to some degree, not to mention what it does to a Jekyl and Hyde. I like Bortles and would really love for him to succeed but who knows how much damage the Bradley regime did to him. He may never be the QB he could have been had he not been jacked by them. He might be, but it will take more than one season removed from it all for him to bounce back.

Hurns, Lee, and Cole were each targeted 1x yesterday. None of them had a reception

(01-08-2018, 04:32 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hurns, Lee, and Cole were each targeted 1x yesterday.  None of them had a reception

I didn't get to watch any pregame so I didn't even know Hurns was going to play and I'd forgotten Lee was in. I saw them at different times and was surprised that they weren't being utilized. The game was a hot mess for sure.

(01-08-2018, 04:32 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hurns, Lee, and Cole were each targeted 1x yesterday.  None of them had a reception

Blake threw high and outside to Hurns and low and away to Lee.  Not sure on the Cole pass though.

(01-08-2018, 01:51 PM)jagherd Wrote:

Respectfully,  no.

All I've heard by analysts/ex-players on sports shows last night and today is:

- Blake Bortles should be the backup RB, not a starting QB
- Blake Bortles doesn't know where the ball is gonna go after he releases it,, watch his body language
- Blake Bortles is playing AWFUL
- Eli Manning will be wearing a Jags jersey next season
- The coaches tried  to give him a couple easy throws and he couldn't even do that

It goes on and on. NFL Live and CBS are just drilling the guy.

Look, when Bortles is playing as terrible as he is in the passing game,, what in the world are the coaches suposed to do?

They have to extremely simplify it and rely on the superb defense and a mistake-free special teams to win a game.

What are they supposed to do? Should they go ahead and turn the gameplan for Bortles into a "Tebow-esque" Type of thing?
I suspect we'll see much of the same type of game plan in Pitt if Bortles struggles early with some basic throws.

Man,, Bortles is gonna have to look really good next weekend for alot of this media bashing to stop.

Anyone who listens to the media is a total moron. I listened to Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms rip Bortles for throwing under 100 yards. Then I turn on ESPN and Bortles is ONE of only 4 QB's in history of NFL to win a playoff game throwing under 100 yards.....who else was on the list? Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms. 

Only sheep listen to media.