Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** THE OFFICIAL PITTSBURGH WEATHER THREAD **

(01-09-2018, 10:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 09:14 PM)Dakota Wrote: Am I the only one who has thought to them self, "Pittsburgh weather aside, I'm just glad that Florida weather has returned to Florida.

I HATE the cold with a passion. Even more so since losing almost 100 lbs due to illness.

Yes, I just got back from 20 degree Pittsburgh (visiting family over Christmas) so I thought 45 degrees here was nice for a day or 2 but even that started feeling really cold again.  I love these 70 degree bursts that we get throughout the winter to remind us why we live here.

(01-09-2018, 10:13 AM)Rico Wrote: I suddenly could go for a Primanti's sandwich.  Or even better, a Fathead's sandwich.

Nothing better than Primanti Brothers loaded with cool slaw & french fries at 2am  !!!

[Image: 44736_144939918862467_100000393802041_28...411501.jpg]

Have you been to Fatheads?  It piqued my interest when I saw their motto, "Sandwiches as fat as your head."

I understand it's on the south side, I don't know, I was following the GPS.  They had some awesome sandwiches there as well.  If you haven't done so already, I recommend giving it a try the next time you venture back north.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2018, 09:58 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 11:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I moved out of FL because I'm the exact opposite. Anything above 70 is hot. I really hate Summer.

I like NC weather. It can get hot and humid here but not for as long as it does down there. I do not miss FL weather at all. We actually have seasons and I love it. I would love to live in the mountains where it's even cooler but I'm not complaining.

Yeah, we live 6 months in the western NC mountains, at 4000 feet above sea level. A hot August day is 78 degrees. Night temps in the 50’s.
“ I was a male, trapped in a female body........and then I was born. “

River Frozen - potential flooding ....

https://www.pghcitypaper.com/Blogh/archi...mperatures

[Image: frozen_river_pittsburgh_city_paper.jpg?cb=1515432206]

I booked a room Sunday night, got up Monday and looked at the weather...cancelled trip. No Thanks
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(01-09-2018, 12:34 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I booked a room Sunday night, got up Monday and looked at the weather...cancelled trip. No Thanks

What??  You don't want to spend $1,000 to go up there and sit in 15 degree weather for 4 hours?  I have a friend that told me they watched a Steelers game in the corridors to avoid the wind chills that were like negative -10 degrees below zero -- imagine flying up there only to watch the game on a small TV in the hallways of their stadium.  LOL.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tried Primanti Brothers and honestly hated it - didn't see what the big deal was, and why would I want the fries inside of my sandwich??.....anyway, might give it another shot this weekend

(01-09-2018, 01:47 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: Tried Primanti Brothers and honestly hated it - didn't see what the big deal was, and why would I want the fries inside of my sandwich??.....anyway, might give it another shot this weekend

Get the Double Roast and Chedder.  It's wonderful.

As for the weather, meh... it's cold.  That 9mph wind is probably the biggest factor, both because of the FG issues in Pittsburgh as mentioned, and that the cold down town is primarily caused by the wind.  There's days where it's <10 degrees and feels fine, others where it's 35 degrees and windy and you don't want to move. 

That said, if your coming up here, just bundle up a bit and you'll be fine.  As for the Jags, I don't think the cold is going to play that big of a factor.  Had it been last week when we were enjoying negative temps with wind chills of -20... maybe.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

(01-09-2018, 01:47 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: Tried Primanti Brothers and honestly hated it - didn't see what the big deal was, and why would I want the fries inside of my sandwich??.....anyway, might give it another shot this weekend

^^^This x 1000

It was NASTY!

Now, if you can get to the Burgatory, that's a different ball game.   Try the Elk burger!
My sig goes here!

Get your blood alcohol content up to 0.20 and I guarantee you'll think it's the best thing in the world.

(01-09-2018, 02:06 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote:

^^^This x 1000

It was NASTY!

Now, if you can get to the Burgatory, that's a different ball game.   Try the Elk burger!

You are from NM right? I used to live in Southern California for 2.5 years and my wife and I miss their burritos a ton. At one place we had the option of adding fries to them...it was amazing!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018, 02:15 PM by RicoTx.)

http://www.militosdowningtown.com/what-i...er-county/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sYWnUBZ1c

(01-09-2018, 01:55 PM)Diz Wrote:

Get the Double Roast and Chedder.  It's wonderful.

As for the weather, meh... it's cold.  That 9mph wind is probably the biggest factor, both because of the FG issues in Pittsburgh as mentioned, and that the cold down town is primarily caused by the wind.  There's days where it's <10 degrees and feels fine, others where it's 35 degrees and windy and you don't want to move. 

That said, if your coming up here, just bundle up a bit and you'll be fine.  As for the Jags, I don't think the cold is going to play that big of a factor.  Had it been last week when we were enjoying negative temps with wind chills of -20... maybe.

Meh...I prefer the Pittsburgher or the Fried Jumbo (baloney).  You gotta load it 'em with the Franks Red Hot though.

thanks for all recommendations - double roast cheddar thing does sound damn good.........

(01-09-2018, 02:18 PM)Billycool Jag Wrote: thanks for all recommendations - double roast cheddar thing does sound damn good.........

You also need to go downtown to the original in the Strip District.  No...not that kind of strip.

(01-08-2018, 07:45 PM)Dakota Wrote: Much more concerned with the wind than the temperature.

I completely agree that wind is a much greater potential obstacle for the Jaguars than actual temperature.  

If the wind is 10 mph or greater,  if in the Steelers position on Defense,  my strategy would be to load the box against the run and play tight coverage unless/ until Blake Bortles demonstrates that he can make the Steelers pay for this strategy.

(01-09-2018, 09:58 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 11:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I moved out of FL because I'm the exact opposite. Anything above 70 is hot. I really hate Summer.

I like NC weather. It can get hot and humid here but not for as long as it does down there. I do not miss FL weather at all. We actually have seasons and I love it. I would love to live in the mountains where it's even cooler but I'm not complaining.
I am in the mountains of Vermont/New Hampshire.  And the temps range from 5 to Negitive 30.   

Dad got sick so here for awhile.   And much rather be in Jax, Tenn, or anywhere warm.  Constantly snowing.  And been sick for longer than I ever have in my life time.  

These Frigid cold temperatures are beyond rediculious. 

And tells me why I moved from the north to begin with.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Wind is set to be 5-6 mph, nothing really to worry about. The temperature is usually not a problem if you prepare for it right. Grew up in FL and moved to western MI during their coldest recorded winter in a long time, back in 2014 and it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be weather wise. If you layer up, wear thermals, and get the correct clothing you should be more than able to sit around outside for 4 hours. Wool socks, thermal undies/crew top, thick long sleeve shirt, winter coat, head ware(do not cheap out here), gloves(or here), all of it. hell bring a blanket too if Heinz Field allows them in! Preparation is key, plus if the Jaguars are winning just bounce around a bit and get the blood flowing nice and good, should warm you up! Big Grin

On a side note, I did look into the weather for Saturday night in Foxborough, YIKES! It goes from 50s early in the day, rain, and in the evening it gets down to the teens with 10 mph winds.Rain, then below freezing = not good. Might cause a slick playing field even if they try their best to cover it/protect it. I feel for all of these teams though, lol. COLD!

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 09:33 AM by UKJag.)

I'll be on my sofa in shorts and Jags jersey in the UK with a cold beer.... no whether going to be bothering me.

Forecast calls for 18 degrees and sunny.

6 mph winds

Not bad

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 04:24 PM by americus 2.0.)

(01-09-2018, 10:31 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 09:58 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I like NC weather. It can get hot and humid here but not for as long as it does down there. I do not miss FL weather at all. We actually have seasons and I love it. I would love to live in the mountains where it's even cooler but I'm not complaining.

Yeah, we live 6 months in the western NC mountains, at 4000 feet above sea level. A hot August day is 78 degrees. Night temps in the 50’s.

That would be HEAVEN. I live in central NC and we just came out of a 2 week arctic cold front that had us not reach highs above freezing temps for over half of that period, and that didn't include the windchill. A few days we had lows in single digits. Other than my heater going almost constantly except during the warmest time of the day, it didn't bother me. You dress for it when you go out and you'll be alright. 

I loathe hot weather. Our favorite place to go in the summer is Spruce Pine and we try to go for a week or so in the hottest part of summer just to get a break. It can get really hot and humid here but thankfully not for a long period of time.

(01-09-2018, 05:18 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 09:58 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I like NC weather. It can get hot and humid here but not for as long as it does down there. I do not miss FL weather at all. We actually have seasons and I love it. I would love to live in the mountains where it's even cooler but I'm not complaining.
I am in the mountains of Vermont/New Hampshire.  And the temps range from 5 to Negitive 30.   

Dad got sick so here for awhile.   And much rather be in Jax, Tenn, or anywhere warm.  Constantly snowing.  And been sick for longer than I ever have in my life time.  

These Frigid cold temperatures are beyond rediculious. 

And tells me why I moved from the north to begin with.
That's some frigid temps right there. I could acclimate if I had to but that might be too cold for me. I hope your dad is feeling better and you get better soon as well.