Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How many picks does Big Ben throw in the game?
1 Interceptions
2 Interceptions
3 Interceptions
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How many interceptions does Big Ben throw in the game?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Maybe. I think it may be zero. The Steelers are a strong team and well coached, so I don’t see them having another meltdown on Sunday. I honestly think the Jags may be walking into an ambush here.

Zero. He and Blake have a big game. Defense will win it with a fumble at the end.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

As long as it's more than Bortles, it's all good.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

All pick sixes will be defended by steeler's offensive coordinator, Todd Haley. He will use a left hook, Cowher style to knock out any potential scoring defenders. Laughing

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1090025
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Either we get a couple turnovers or Bortles & Fournette need to play better for a chance to win obviously.
No Fun

3 of Ben’s 5 INTs last time were the result of another Jag defender affecting the ball or play. Abry deflected the ball at the line to Telvin for a pick 6. The second pick 6 was a contested ball that was batted by Ramsey to Church. The next INT, the receiver was tripped by the defender which was either missed by the ref or deemed incidental. Ben threw to the spot where the receiver was supposed to be, but only a waiting Jags defender was there. Looked a lot worse than it was if you didn’t see the receiver fall down. The very first INT was Ramsey laying out and making a very athletic play on the ball. The final INT was Ben taking a deep shot at the end zone with very little time on the clock and the game already in hand for the Jags.

The point is, 2 of the INTs were tipped balls, 1 was a receiver going down and 1 was Ramsey making an outstanding play to make the interception that most defenders wouldn’t have made. Only the last one was truly a bad throw by Ben and it was made inconsequential with regards to the game situation. Had we not gotten the two pick 6s, the score would have been 17 to 9. He probably wouldn’t had thrown it up so recklessly only being down 8 at that point. We played well defensively but we were also very fortunate the ball bounced the way it did on several occasions so to speak. I think we’re going to need some of that same type of luck again on defense to win this Sunday.

(01-10-2018, 10:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: 3 of Ben’s 5 INTs last time were the result of another Jag defender affecting the ball or play.  Abry deflected the ball at the line to Telvin for a pick 6.  The second pick 6 was a contested ball that was batted by Ramsey to Church.  The next INT, the receiver was tripped by the defender which was either missed by the ref or deemed incidental.  Ben threw to the spot where the receiver was supposed to be, but only a waiting Jags defender was there.  Looked a lot worse than it was if you didn’t see the receiver fall down.  The very first INT was Ramsey laying out and making a very athletic play on the ball.  The final INT was Ben taking a deep shot at the end zone with very little time on the clock and the game already in hand for the Jags.

The point is, 2 of the INTs were tipped balls, 1 was a receiver going down and 1 was Ramsey making an outstanding play to make the interception that most defenders wouldn’t have made.  Only the last one was truly a bad throw by Ben and it was made inconsequential with regards to the game situation.  Had we not gotten the two pick 6s, the score would have been 17 to 9.  He probably wouldn’t had thrown it up so recklessly only being down 8 at that point.  We played well defensively but we were also very fortunate the ball bounced the way it did on several occasions so to speak.  I think we’re going to need some of that same type of luck again on defense to win this Sunday.

It's funny that the bounce of the ball can be so discriminatory. Only last season, Blake threw more fluke ints than anyone I had ever seen. I recall one bouncing off of the cleat of a WR. I would venture to say that roughly 40% of them were tipped in one form and fashion. This season, that didn't happen. Instead, the tips have seemed to go the way of the Jags.

It's one of those explainable stats.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I think he only throws one, maybe 2 like someone else said off a tipped pass, maybe even a d-lineman. Or none, either way I think we have 8+ sacks as ben might hold the ball more instead of forcing stuff. Campbell aND Dareus and jackson are gonna EAT, poor yan will get shut down if the ask him to one on one that big LT again, so we might see more blitzing, and for the love of God don't let poz cover anyone, I'd leave him at mike all day and tell him just to play the run, if he even plays.

He will throw five again. Straight facts.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-09-2018, 11:10 PM)old_man Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 11:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote: should have been

Ha!

Well,  1 and 1 fumble.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002