Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It doesn't really matter who wins tomorrow . . .Nobody is beating Pats

The Jags are built like Giants who beat them twice.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2018, 11:21 PM)Warthog Wrote: . . . nobody is beating the Patriots in New England.

Take your shriveled up raisins and go elsewhere.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

the team that wins todays game between Jags,and steelers will beat NE. Hopeluy its the jags.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-14-2018, 08:10 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: They didn't pressure Brady at all finishing with zero sacks and created zero turnovers. Never going to beat the Pats that way regardless of how you feel the refs were.

This says it all.  Pass defense starts with a pass rush.  If you give him all day to throw the ball, you're going to get burned!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We are built to beat the Pats. They thrive on mismatches and I believe no matter are defensive set, there isn't an in your face mismatch they can expose. We just need to beat the Steelers so we can find out!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-14-2018, 09:32 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 08:10 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: They didn't pressure Brady at all finishing with zero sacks and created zero turnovers. Never going to beat the Pats that way regardless of how you feel the refs were.

This says it all.  Pass defense starts with a pass rush.  If you give him all day to throw the ball, you're going to get burned!

Pitt led the league in sacks, so I would not be sure we can get to Brady, we played them 2 years ago and Brady just kept throwing quick passes over the middle with no resistance.

(01-14-2018, 11:33 AM)myrick31 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:32 AM)Sneakers Wrote: This says it all.  Pass defense starts with a pass rush.  If you give him all day to throw the ball, you're going to get burned!

Pitt led the league in sacks, so I would not be sure we can get to Brady, we played them 2 years ago and Brady just kept throwing quick passes over the middle with no resistance.

Gus Funk? You don't say...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Garop lit us up by getting the ball out quickly. Brady will do the same. We play a lot of zone which Brady would eat alive. We have the talent to beat Brady but we'd have to change what we do. We'd need to play more press man coverage and if we aren't routinely getting pressure with the front four, we'd need to start sending blitzes to get him rattled. Probably a good idea to blitz every so often anyways to get him thinking about it. But if we were to sit back in a zone and only rush four all game, Brady would kill us.

You play the game. Injuries happen. Weather happens. Miracles happen.

We have a ton more talent on defense(especially nickel) than two years ago but it was more a scheme problem and I dont know if we are much better coached honestly just more talent. Historically man to man no blitz is the best way to stop Brady,he gets the ball out too fast vs blitz.

Someone need to get this guy the number to Trolls Anonymous. 

How miserable a fan do you have to be to go to 7 straight AFC Championship games and still feel the need to go to opposing team's message boards to simply troll. I think the fact we have Coughlin who twice beat his "unbeatable" squad makes us a prime target.

How about you just enjoy the easy win your team had last night and try to find anything in life that can provide a hint of joy and happiness. Or.. you can kindly [BLEEP] off. No class whatsoever.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(01-14-2018, 11:48 AM)Kotite Wrote: Someone need to get this guy the number to Trolls Anonymous. 

How miserable a fan do you have to be to go to 7 straight AFC Championship games and still feel the need to go to opposing team's message boards to simply troll. I think the fact we have Coughlin who twice beat his "unbeatable" squad makes us a prime target.

How about you just enjoy the easy win your team had last night and try to find anything in life that can provide a hint of joy and happiness. Or.. you can kindly [BLEEP] off. No class whatsoever.

Simple. Think of being a 25 year old who started watching football at 7 years old and from that time, your team has missed the playoffs 2 times. I don't doubt there are "real" NE fans out there, but the majority of them have never had to support a losing franchise for more than a season. Their time is coming.

Jags defense matches up pretty well with NE.

(With anybody really)

We just never know if the offense will produce. It's the same story today against the steelers

(01-14-2018, 11:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags defense matches up pretty well with NE.

(With anybody really)

We just never know if the offense will produce. It's the same story today against the steelers

Brady gets the ball out so quick. Getting pressure up the middle is the key to beating them defensively.

(01-14-2018, 11:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 11:48 AM)Kotite Wrote: Someone need to get this guy the number to Trolls Anonymous. 

Simple. Think of being a 25 year old who started watching football at 7 years old and from that time, your team has missed the playoffs 2 times. I don't doubt there are "real" NE fans out there, but the majority of them have never had to support a losing franchise for more than a season. Their time is coming.

And just like 49ers fans in the 90s, or Cowboys fans of the 00s we will have to hear about their past dynasty until someone else takes that mantle.

Then, and only then, will the Pats, Brady and Belichek begin to fade.

It will not come soon enough.

How sweet it would be to send Brady off the same way as Marino and Kelly, with a loss to the good guys....

GO JAGS!
Signature goes here.

(01-14-2018, 12:00 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 11:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Simple. Think of being a 25 year old who started watching football at 7 years old and from that time, your team has missed the playoffs 2 times. I don't doubt there are "real" NE fans out there, but the majority of them have never had to support a losing franchise for more than a season. Their time is coming.

And just like 49ers fans in the 90s, or Cowboys fans of the 00s we will have to hear about their past dynasty until someone else takes that mantle.

Then, and only then, will the Pats, Brady and Belichek begin to fade.

It will not come soon enough.

How sweet it would be to send Brady off the same way as Marino and Kelly, with a loss to the good guys....

GO JAGS!

Not saying it will happen this year, but after 40, your body can change overnight and Brady will likely hit a wall at some point next year. Also, with all the infighting going on in the franchise, this could be the last dance.

Hopefully.

Kelly

Marino

Ben

TB12

Brees

(01-14-2018, 10:55 AM)B2hibry Wrote: We are built to beat the Pats. They thrive on mismatches and I believe no matter are defensive set, there isn't an in your face mismatch they can expose. We just need to beat the Steelers so we can find out!

The mismatches will be on offense for us. I am guessing if we play the Patriots, they will try to get Blake to beat us.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Beat Pitt first please Big Grin
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Pats definitely look tough to beat and if you also count in the home-cooking they so frequently get from the refs at home, I dunno. I think either the Steelers or Jags would have a chance obviously but it would be a challenge. Hopefully it's the Jags that get that chance.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.