Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles

(01-14-2018, 05:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Talk all the trash you want. Blake was straight up clutch when we needed him most in our biggest game in 20 years.

I'm glad we won and I'm as happy as anyone that Blake played well but he'll never be a great pocket passer and his performances are inconsistent. He has almost all the qualities you'd want in a signal caller but the consistent ability to thread the needle. This isn't hate, nobody hates a guy who is humble and works hard. It's just an honest and reasonable evaluation.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There was only 1 defensive score, but they set the offense up 3 times to score. The INT and the 2 4th down stops. We needed the D.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-14-2018, 05:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Listen, I'm ecstatic that we won, but we needed 2 defensive TD's, a huge first half by Fournette and two very dumb play calls by the Steelers (a pass on 4th and short and the onside kick), to win this game. Things lined up beautifully for us. The fact is, Bortles was still under 60% completions for the game a was wildly erratic at times. He didn't turn the ball over and made a couple key plays, but no matter how you look at it,  he's still the weak link on a very, very talented team. Let's not get crazy. I LOVE that we beat the Steelers,  but I'm still cautious about this team going forward.

You're not being fair to Bortles. Obviously, you'd like to see the Jaguars draft Rudolph or Mayfield in the 1st round of the draft and Bortles' performance today makes it very unlikely that this will happen. He had a QBR rating of 94 and didn't turn the ball over. He also made some big throws when the team needed it most. No one will ever call Blake a great quarterback, but the team has won 12 games this season with him as their quarterback. He has significantly improved his ability to take care of the ball and his toughness and durability cannot be questioned. 
Your username could not be more accurate. When the Jags offensive line opens up holes and protects Blake like they did today, this team is tough to beat. Rather than drafting the 4th or 5th rated quarterback at the end of round 1, this team needs to continue to strengthen the line. Imagine Will Hernandez blocking for Fournette. Adding him and a tight end in the 2nd will make this offense hard to defend, especially with the return of AROB. They can still get a developmental quarterback in the 3rd round- maybe even Ferguson from Memphis.

(01-14-2018, 06:13 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 05:33 PM)Jags239 Wrote: In a parallel universe you would say we won "inspite of our defense".

The D scored 7 of our 45 points, and stopped the steelers on 2 separate 4th downs to give us great field position. We would not have won with out them.

They also gave up 42. Just saying cause the games the defense holds, and BB has done just enough to win, we win in spite of him.

(01-14-2018, 06:18 PM)JNev Wrote: Yea there was only 1 non-offensive TD. 45 points = 6 TDs + 1 FG
Leo had 3 TDs
TJ had 1 TD
Tommy Bo had 1 TD and Telvin had 1 TD

To be fair to the D:

One of those LF TDs was the next play directly after Jack got an INT and gave the Jags the ball around the 20yd line. 

(That was one heck of a run by LF on that one though,, WOW was that good?!)

The defense scored a TD and directly caused more points by that INT from Jack.

Jags defensive gameplan will have to change next week. If our front four doesnt get much pressure, we'll have to blitz a lot.

(01-14-2018, 06:37 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Jags defensive gameplan will have to change next week.  If our front four doesnt get much pressure, we'll have to blitz a lot.

Great point. The lack of pressure was really frustrating. Thankfully the Pats don't have an Antonio Brown. His TDs were just immaculate. The Lev Bell TD catch was perfect as well. Not many guys can make those plays

Correction, Brady is unreal QBR vs the blitz - the way we win is pressure him constantly and win with gold coverage. NE WRs won't be making the catches in near perfect coverage that roasted us for TDs today

https://twitter.com/AlyssaLang/status/95...5951653888
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I heard and saw his interview. I was wholly impressed with the way he carries himself. A leader. Also found this gem on Twitter  Laughing
https://twitter.com/thatguyfierce/status...3750814720

(01-14-2018, 05:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Listen, I'm ecstatic that we won, but we needed 2 defensive TD's, a huge first half by Fournette and two very dumb play calls by the Steelers (a pass on 4th and short and the onside kick), to win this game. Things lined up beautifully for us. The fact is, Bortles was still under 60% completions for the game a was wildly erratic at times. He didn't turn the ball over and made a couple key plays, but no matter how you look at it,  he's still the weak link on a very, very talented team. Let's not get crazy. I LOVE that we beat the Steelers,  but I'm still cautious about this team going forward.

you suck.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Alfie can eat it.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-14-2018, 07:31 PM)Ronster Wrote: Alfie can eat it.
He predicted the Jags to win.....

I guess I missed that second defensive score.

We did make the Steelers onedimensional

(01-14-2018, 06:07 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:

At this point in the season, all that matters is the score. Blake lead this team in the fourth quarter, and without him, we don't win.

Agreed, but I'm looking further into the future, in the 2018 season and beyond. We have to get better at QB.

(01-14-2018, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 06:07 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: At this point in the season, all that matters is the score. Blake lead this team in the fourth quarter, and without him, we don't win.

Agreed, but I'm looking further into the future, in the 2018 season and beyond. We have to get better at QB.

Why you bringing that weak [BLEEP] on the day we have the best win in a decade? Can't it wait one more frigging week?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-14-2018, 06:11 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Who got our second defensive td?

My bad, I was typing faster than my brain could catch up. I mean't one defensive TD and a big interception by Jack which led to another score.

(01-14-2018, 06:16 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote:

We only had 1 Defensive Touchdown.  You don't even know what you're talking about, so get out of here.  Enough of the but this and but that, we won.  This is a big boy's league, and every win is extremely difficult to come by.  On to Foxboro!  Go Jags!

Geez, what's with the hostility? Did you have a rough time at Junior High this week. I admitted I made a mistake about the defensive TD. It was a typo. Calm down. Did I say it wasn't a hard fought win? No, I didn't. Of course every win is hard to come by and I'm very proud of this team. I was simply pointing out that this does not secure Bortles as our QB of the future. Don't get your panties in a bunch.