Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Unsung Heroes

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 02:34 AM by Jest101.)

(01-14-2018, 08:05 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Just want to give appreciation to some of the guys who don't get alot of credit.

Jarod Wilson- Gip went down and this guy who hasnt played a whole lot stepped up and never got beat. 

Josh Lambo- All the XP's and the clutch late FG at the toughest place to kick in the NFL

Tommy B- Did a great job today sealing off LBers and even got a TD for his work.

TJ Yeldon- Had a couple of huge catches/blocks/runs he looked really good out there and props to him for sticking with it even though he was an inactive early in the year.

Entire OL- Not one sack on Bottles and were absolutely dominating the Pitt Dline in the run game.

Edit:Unsung*

Dilly Dilly to this!

(01-15-2018, 01:46 AM)ajagsfan04 Wrote: No disrespect to the players but Tom Coughlin.

Man, I agree with this...

Tom Coughlin as Jags coach: AFC Championship game in '96 and '99

Tom Coughlin back for 1st year with Jags: team goes from 3-13 to AFC Championship game (To be continued...)

#FACTS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

the whole team showed up today, and we are going to need it again next week.. this team has team of destiny feel to it!

Haven’t read the thread But no doubt to me is Yeldon.
He had a couple third down screen passes when I thought we were so screwed. That’s not adding his blocking especially on the Bortles scramble.

I know he may be gone next year but I have not really appreciated him this season . I’m not one to notice rb blocking but damn this guy is good.

(01-15-2018, 03:26 AM)Gojags Wrote: Haven’t read the thread   But no doubt to me is Yeldon.
He had a couple third down screen passes  when I thought we were so screwed.  That’s not adding his blocking  especially on the Bortles scramble.

I know he may be gone next year  but I have not really appreciated him this season .  I’m not one to notice rb blocking but damn this guy is good.

Still on his rookie deal next year. I don't see how he is not our number 2 for 2018.

The Jaguars pass blocking jumped out on this end. Even when the Steelers had the Jaguars in expected passing situations, the protection that Blake Bortles received was terrific. Certainly better than what I anticipated, considering how effective the Steelers much more often than not are at getting QB pressure. At the very least, all 5 starting Jags O-Lineman earned game balls in an overall great job by the Jaguars players and coaches.

(01-15-2018, 03:26 AM)Gojags Wrote: Haven’t read the thread   But no doubt to me is Yeldon.
He had a couple third down screen passes  when I thought we were so screwed.  That’s not adding his blocking  especially on the Bortles scramble.

I know he may be gone next year  but I have not really appreciated him this season .  I’m not one to notice rb blocking but damn this guy is good.

I thought he was going to decleat Mitchell on one block. Yeldon has taken his share of criticism but he's been a good 3rd down back this year.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 10:38 AM by jseymour.)

TJ proved his value to the team yesterday. First although Fournette was only out for a short time, Yeldon stepped up and filled in nicely. No big breakout plays, but enough to keep us moving down field. Well, that 40 yard screen could be considered breakout. And the block when Bortles was running was great. He had a touchdown and on that play Marcedes showed his blocking prowess on that play. Great stuff.

As Tomlin said, we won the moments yesterday. Go Jags.

Definitely the offensive line and TJ Yeldon.

Blake trusts TJ a lot in pass protection and is way more comfortable when he's out there on third down, he pass protected very well, he made a couple of big plays out of the backfield, very good in red zone and man that block he made on Mitchell was just fantastic Big Grin

(01-14-2018, 09:27 PM)MojoKing Wrote: TJ YELDON!!!

How has no one really talked about him??? He had some amazing plays today to keep drives going. Also has fantastic blocks.  Glad to see him around

I did.  He has been huge for us when in there on 3rd Down.
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(01-14-2018, 08:05 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Just want to give appreciation to some of the guys who don't get alot of credit.

Jarod Wilson- Gip went down and this guy who hasnt played a whole lot stepped up and never got beat. 

Josh Lambo- All the XP's and the clutch late FG at the toughest place to kick in the NFL

Tommy B- Did a great job today sealing off LBers and even got a TD for his work.

TJ Yeldon- Had a couple of huge catches/blocks/runs he looked really good out there and props to him for sticking with it even though he was an inactive early in the year.

Entire OL- Not one sack on Bottles and were absolutely dominating the Pitt Dline in the run game.

Edit:Unsung*

Certainly agree with that
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 11:32 AM by jagherd.)

(01-14-2018, 08:07 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Game ball to the offensive line. 

Set the tone early and often.

^ I second this.

The Oline was outstanding.

(01-15-2018, 11:11 AM)old_man Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:27 PM)MojoKing Wrote: TJ YELDON!!!

How has no one really talked about him??? He had some amazing plays today to keep drives going. Also has fantastic blocks.  Glad to see him around

I did.  He has been huge for us when in there on 3rd Down.

Yeldon's block on that dirty Mitchell was a thing of beauty!

I was SO GLAD that someone knocked him on his [BLEEP] !!

I did not realize, Telvin Smith had 16 tackles.

TJ really stepped up when needed and how about Bohanon slipping into the end zone for a TD? Priceless!
Great when the whole team plays together.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

One player left out way too much is Blake Bortles.  As I posted in another thread, the team won BECAUSE of him rather than in spite of him.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 04:27 PM by scottyg.)

Ivory... He didn't fumble one time.

Ok, that was kind of mean. Dude had some good runs this season, but I still worry about the ball every time he touches it. Kudos to Marrone for picking the right RBs to tote the rock yesterday.

But spacecoastjag said the offensive line was trash......
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-15-2018, 03:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: One player left out way too much is Blake Bortles.  As I posted in another thread, the team won BECAUSE of him rather than in spite of him.

Yes.  I really think Blake was the MVP of the game.   He made play after play after play.    He was great in the 4th quarter.